A rant in general about the Official Starcitizen Forums.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
But let's have a hard talk about the Starcitizen forums and to some extent also the reddit forums. Countless of subjects on both boards have emerged over the years that have spiralled completley out of control when MMORPG nerds meet in general but also when subjected to the stark bittervets of EVE: Online and their often very cynical and realistic outlook in general. Both of these groups seem to largley hate each other. This has resulted in an almost endless fountain of drama.
First, I will tell you the same thing that I have told @Montoya for years......STAY OUT of RSI General Chat & never ever reply to anything in there or Reddit...........He never listened & I'll bet you won't either.... Oh well, I tried.

Second, The MMORPG & especially the EVE people are both in for a huge surprise.
Every game is different and SC will be uniquely new & fresh to the gaming industry.
Want a MMORPG? Go play one.
Want EVE? Go play it.
Want something entirely NEW? Welcome to Star Citizen.

The best part about all the shit spewed from this drama circus is how obvious it is that people also build all their theories to suit their own idea of how the gameplay should be and their own morals and on many, many occasions completley ignoring any form of technical fesibility.
Now this is the most interesting part.....
Do these same people do this in all the other games they play? EVE, Elite Dangerous, PUBg, Planetside 2, Witcher 3... etc etc etc?
OR are most (not all) of these threads either started or spurred on by Derek Smart Goonies and SC Haters? I don't know either but I do know that I have been playing PC games for 30+ years and have never experienced this type of 'We want this game to be our way.' attitude.
Perhaps it just because SC is Crowdfunded and people feel they should have what THEY want because of all the money they spent...Funny, I thought we were asked to Pledge to help fund the development of SC. Shows just old & stupid I am.

Well, I feel better. How about you @Stupidisco ? Feels good to talk about it sometimes doesn't it?
STAY AWAY from RSI general chat & reddit. You will feel so much better.

Everyone has known the RSI forums are garbage for years.
It's not garbage.....It is a sewer......

I LUV CUTTY!!
I LOVE CUTTY SARK scotch........

I'm safe because as @Montoya said, nobody will ever read this far. And if they do they will be too tired to read my post. Ha.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
there will always be a disconnect between the way theorycrafters want their game to be, and the harsh reality of emergent gameplay

whatever is new and different in SC, min-maxers gaming the system will evolve the gameplay into something no one anticipated

if you think there is an abundance of salt on the forums now, just wait until SC goes live

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
First, I will tell you the same thing that I have told @Montoya for years......STAY OUT of RSI General Chat & never ever reply to anything in there or Reddit...........He never listened & I'll bet you won't either.... Oh well, I tried.

Second, The MMORPG & especially the EVE people are both in for a huge surprise.
Every game is different and SC will be uniquely new & fresh to the gaming industry.
Want a MMORPG? Go play one.
Want EVE? Go play it.
Want something entirely NEW? Welcome to Star Citizen.

Now this is the most interesting part.....
Do these same people do this in all the other games they play? EVE, Elite Dangerous, PUBg, Planetside 2, Witcher 3... etc etc etc?
OR are most (not all) of these threads either started or spurred on by Derek Smart Goonies and SC Haters? I don't know either but I do know that I have been playing PC games for 30+ years and have never experienced this type of 'We want this game to be our way.' attitude.
Perhaps it just because SC is Crowdfunded and people feel they should have what THEY want because of all the money they spent...Funny, I thought we were asked to Pledge to help fund the development of SC. Shows just old & stupid I am.

Well, I feel better. How about you @Stupidisco ? Feels good to talk about it sometimes doesn't it?
STAY AWAY from RSI general chat & reddit. You will feel so much better.

It's not garbage.....It is a sewer......

I LOVE CUTTY SARK scotch........

I'm safe because as @Montoya said, nobody will ever read this far. And if they do they will be too tired to read my post. Ha.
I read every thread in the old Drake forums. I even read the encyclopedia Britanica from fron to back in elementary school. This is nothing.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
there will always be a disconnect between the way theorycrafters want their game to be, and the harsh reality of emergent gameplay

whatever is new and different in SC, min-maxers gaming the system will evolve the gameplay into something no one anticipated

if you think there is an abundance of salt on the forums now, just wait until SC goes live
I'm ready :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Spectrum blah blah old forum was better blah blah if Spectrum is supposed to be in the game they implemented and got rid of the old forum too soon blah blah all the normals dropped out of spectrum as it was Alpha and didn't really work as a forum and the community fractured blah blah only salty bastards left blah blah everything is shit blah blah see you in Beta.

Thats basically what happened with the RSI forum. Sort of.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Spectrum blah blah old forum was better blah blah if Spectrum is supposed to be in the game they implemented and got rid of the old forum too soon blah blah all the normals dropped out of spectrum as it was Alpha and didn't really work as a forum and the community fractured blah blah only salty bastards left blah blah everything is shit blah blah see you in Beta.

Thats basically what happened with the RSI forum. Sort of.
This is an accurate summary.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What day is it?
Depends where you are. It'd be easier to tell you what day it isn't:

Right now it isn't Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday.

Forgot your password?