A rant in general about the Official Starcitizen Forums.

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
Building theories to suit ones own idea or agenda while quoting dated text.... seems familiar .....ah got it. Religious text and Gods words interpreted to any number of peoples own interpretations to form many sub sects of the same religion with varying different ideologies built on the same words. Fighting and defending them so much so as to wage war kill millions hoping to enter the gates of an imaginary heaven in full honors and fanfare befitting a conquering emperor.

Another example ...politics. Old farts playing golf and sleeping in the Senate remembering about the good old days when women couldn't vote or open a bank account. Defending old constitutional dated laws and interpreting them out of context or intent while trying to create new archaic laws and being oblivious to technology and cyber threats. Half of them probably still don't know what a computer probably is and use an intern to answer their facebook page.

Its in our genes, our nature and our very fibre. Also it holds CIG accountable to keeping within their said initial intentions and not deviate to form a completely whole new ship whose purpose is now an expensive digital paper weight that cant even be exchanged for a discounted warbond ship because CIG holds fresh money value far higher than already invested cash. Your best bet would be to fight on in the forums to get what was promised rather than play craps and hope your ship doesn't end up with the snake eyes.

Many do not have the luxury of hedging their bets over a large pool. My fav ship the carrack at the moment looks like shit. But my 890J has turned out to be a behemoth worthy of the sky parting and heavenly songs being heard. My stealthy Sabre turns out to be less and less stealthy as time goes on. But my newly acquired eclipse still keeps me hoping. My 300 was crap for many years but the rework following the 600i looks somewhat promising. Still acquired the gladius and the new updated S3 hardpoints makes me feel I bought the right ship. Other dont have this luxury. My biggest heart break at the moment is the Polaris. Oh what have they done!!!

aeloy.

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
aeloy
During all my years of hanging around in gaming communities, I found that the Star Citizen Community is - compared to others - clearly dominated by men. Alas, most discussions are about being the superior human. Taking things not too serious and grab beer and popcorn is the key.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
During all my years of hanging around in gaming communities, I found that the Star Citizen Community is - compared to others - clearly dominated by men. Alas, most discussions are about being the superior human. Taking things not too serious and grab beer and popcorn is the key.
I think this is because women are sensible enough not to spend loads on something that hasn't been made yet. I hope the gender balance evens out once we have the female character builder in the Alpha and the game starts to flesh out a bit.

aeloy.

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
aeloy
I think this is because women are sensible enough not to spend loads on something that hasn't been made yet. I hope the gender balance evens out once we have the female character builder in the Alpha and the game starts to flesh out a bit.
Well, you'll probably see quite a lot women... But careful, there might be no estrogenes at all :P

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I personally have no problem with guys who want to play female toons...That's their decision, and their business really. As long as there is some honesty in their relationships with other players, all I care about is if they can fulfill their role on the teams they're on.

And there might be some legitimate reasons to. I have a friend who keeps his girlfriend's toon alive in WOW, after she passed away from cancer in real life. It happened very fast, and he might have some unresolved emotional issues. I am not a doctor, but this does seem to be therapeutic for him. Keeps him from going off the deep end you know? He's also quite straightforward about it.

And the role can be reversed too. My wife has a "brother" from a game she used to play, that turned out to be a woman using a male avi. You could listen to him talk and sing and not know it if you didn't know him. But as soon as anyone gets personal with him, he'll explain that he's actually a woman. Even as a woman in real life, she is one of my wife's most trusted friends.

aeloy.

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
aeloy
I personally have no problem with guys who want to play female toons...That's their decision, and their business really. As long as there is some honesty in their relationships with other players, all I care about is if they can fulfill their role on the teams they're on. [...]
Legitimate reasons, friend. Wasn't meant too serious or offensive at all. Sorry, if it came accross like that. Cheers!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Legitimate reasons, friend. Wasn't meant too serious or offensive at all. Sorry, if it came accross like that. Cheers!
Heh, no it didn't offend me, I knew it was humor. It is all good. I was trying to think of a way to explain a rather funny story but it's far too long, and probably not as funny unless you were there. The only parts that survived were the clinical bits.

Forgot your password?