A rant in general about the Official Starcitizen Forums.

Stupidisco

Commander
Sep 18, 2017
RSI Handle
citizen_36486
I've only been a member for about two days in TEST Squadron now but it's time I already start making an impression. Don't worry, you will be subjected to very drunk me on coms in the near future and often too, as time goes on.

But let's have a hard talk about the Starcitizen forums and to some extent also the reddit forums. Countless of subjects on both boards have emerged over the years that have spiralled completley out of control when MMORPG nerds meet in general but also when subjected to the stark bittervets of EVE: Online and their often very cynical and realistic outlook in general. Both of these groups seem to largley hate each other. This has resulted in an almost endless fountain of drama.

Most threads regarding future gameplay and ships in Starcitizen always end up being a useless product of spastics tirelessly flinging shit on each other. Shit in the form of at best borderline retarded theorycrafting (sometimes loosley based on) "CIG said" , a three year old piece of concept art or even "I know because Chris Roberts..."

Yes, it's quite obvious how dumb this all is. If aussie chef legend hardcore damo would spectate he would just shake his head and mutter "What a bunch of dumb cunts". And i share that view. But I would also lie if I said it didn't entertain me. It's like watching the special needs children playing "The Gladiators" in gymclass. Because thats the level of argumuments one has to bear witness to, blunt, soft and always missing the point. But at least they got a heart, a will that could move a mountain and an outlook on reality that could challange all but the most potent of drugs. Yes, worked up Starcitizenfans defending their position are hilarious and in many ways amazing displays of human beings with a major malfunction. Thanks for that one Gunny.

The best part about all the shit spewed from this drama circus is how obvious it is that people also build all their theories to suit their own idea of how the gameplay should be and their own morals and on many, many occasions completley ignoring any form of technical fesibility. The numerous threads about piracy in general and also pretty much any thread about the cutlass and/or the freelancer are all obvious examples of this.

Well, enough of me ranting and throwing words around. Something constructive, I mean fun should come from all this. I thought we could use this thread to bring idiotic examples of starcitizen theorycrafting to light for our amusement.

I'll leave this thread here, it's low hanging fruit but highlights pretty well the type of idiotic shit Im trying to put words on.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/65294/thread/cutlass-owner-s-club

Do you have any good examples? Please contribute.

Last edited:

Stupidisco

Commander
Sep 18, 2017
RSI Handle
citizen_36486
"- The Cutlass should have a toilet.
- No, it shouldn't.
- WELL F**K YOU THEN!"
-I FOR ONE CANT BELIVE THAT THE CUTLASS DOESNT HAVE A TOILET!!! IT BREAKS MY IMMERSION IN A GAME THAT DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE FRAMEWORKS IN THE ENGINE PUT IN PLACE TO SUPPORT IMMERSIVE AND PERPETUAL GAMEPLAY YET! ITS UNACCEPTABLE THAT I CANNOT PRETEND TO SHIT IN SPACE.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
-I FOR ONE CANT BELIVE THAT THE CUTLASS DOESNT HAVE A TOILET!!! IT BREAKS MY IMMERSION IN A GAME THAT DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE FRAMEWORKS IN THE ENGINE PUT IN PLACE TO SUPPORT IMMERSIVE AND PERPETUAL GAMEPLAY YET! ITS UNACCEPTABLE THAT I CANNOT PRETEND TO SHIT IN SPACE.
YES BUT CHRIST ROBERTS THIS AND CHRIS ROBERS THAT.
CIG, PLEASE!

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Hey, it's that thread I hang out in! It's like my home away from TEST. It's where I grew up. You know, the salt mines :)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/65294/thread/cutlass-owner-s-club

People in the Cutlass area are extra salty since their fighter got turned into a freighter and is 90% the ship the original Caterpillar was described as, lol.

There are some good people there too, though they are sometimes hard to find since the salt mines are a dark and dangerous place.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Gentlemen, a friendly reminder that many of our members read these forums at work.

Keep it clean!

If you see an inappropriate picture, do not quote the post and then explain how its inappropriate, all that does it make it appear in more posts. I highly doubt you have read this far because your attention span is good for exactly 2 seconds.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Gentlemen, a friendly reminder that many of our members read these forums at work.

Keep it clean!

If you see an inappropriate picture, do not quote the post and then explain how its inappropriate, all that does it make it appear in more posts. I highly doubt you have read this far because your attention span is good for exactly 2 seconds.
Concur. Who would do such a thing? And who would quote it?!?

Also, what's an "attention span"?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
The funniest drama there is to watch is to see a imbecile trying to solve a complex problem as in people who argue in text are either imbecile or low on the IQ scale, so it make it even more fun to watch them trying to win a argument in chat or forum posts ha ha ha ha...

For most people know there is no way to win a argument in text, but the imbecile don't know that they just go on and on and on.... ha ha ha ha....

:joy::joy::joy:

:beers: :beers: :beers:

Forgot your password?