ADI thinks we control /r/StarCitizen. Cultural Victory?!?!

[Insert Opinion Here]

• Total voters

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Yeah, I've read now through major parts of the corresponding thread - though I don't understand what seems to be the matter of all the "anti-TEST-guys". Whats their point (except being jealous or ftw...?)?

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
Well, it's most excellent to have your here!

Back on topic: did DarkMyth really just drop that thread down and then leave? It just feels like a troll to me. Now I'm starting to remember why I stopped posted on RSI Forums again.
He may have, what's it matter. We're all feeling pretty good right now.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I second this question while providing no kind of answer.

Lack of beer? Not enough fun? Limited imagination? Elevated Trump Syndrome?
@Sam K Macer

STORY TIME!

ADI used to be a 300 member org led by an ex-WOW guild leader who managed to piss off his entire guild and cause a failscade. One day, I received a tip from ADI's rival org who tells me that ADI is somehow managing to attract almost 200+ new members per week. Upon investigation and some detective work we found out that there is an exploit allowing you to access the latest backer to Star Citizen (who backed only just seconds ago). What ADI was doing was set up a bot to access this database and shoot off an org invite to had just seconds ago backed Star Citizen. We exposed them on /r/StarCitizen and the RSI forums here (https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/357nla/someone_is_feeling_very_upset_about_the_recent/)

Upon exposure and forum poll to limit the amount of daily invites (so that spam is less of an issue), the ADI leadership sent a massive email spam to all their members to go to the link of the forum poll and downvote it. This email was immediately shared to us and posted once again on /r/StarCitizen for everyone's enjoyment.

At this point, ADI started filing fake DMCA takedowns to take down the screenshot of the email. Once again this was exposed on /r/StarCitizen (https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/358skg/mirror_while_imgur_reviews_the_fake_dmca_takedown/).

All this resulted in ADI becoming laughing stock of all the orgs and they have envied us ever since :p

Be sure to check out the reddit link comments they are hilarious XD

Last edited:

LiterallyAlty

Space Marshal
Jul 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Literally
@Sam K Macer

STORY TIME!

ADI used to be a 300 member org led by an ex-WOW guild leader who managed to piss off his entire guild and cause a failscade. One day, I received a tip from ADI's rival org who tells me that ADI is somehow managing to attract almost 200+ new members per week. Upon investigation and some detective work we found out that there is an exploit allowing you to access the latest backer to Star Citizen (who backed only just seconds ago). What ADI was doing was set up a bot to access this database and shoot off an org invite to had just seconds ago backed Star Citizen. We exposed them on /r/StarCitizen and the RSI forums here (https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/357nla/someone_is_feeling_very_upset_about_the_recent/)

Upon exposure and forum poll to limit the amount of daily invites (so that spam is less of an issue), the ADI leadership sent a massive email spam to all their members to go to the link of the forum poll and downvote it. This email was immediately shared to us and posted once again on /r/StarCitizen for everyone's enjoyment.

At this point, ADI started filing fake DMCA takedowns to take down the screenshot of the email. Once again this was exposed on /r/StarCitizen (https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/358skg/mirror_while_imgur_reviews_the_fake_dmca_takedown/).

All this resulted in ADI becoming laughing stock of all the orgs and they have envied us ever since :p

Be sure to check out the reddit link comments they are hilarious XD
Call me Feawen, because I like this post.

Gauna

Graphic Goddess
Officer
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gauna
As TEST Squadron's favourite graphic designer, I'm so damn proud by seeing that Reddit header (Auroras blotin' out the sun) i made, had been appeared in r/StarCitizen.

Watching ADI losing their shit entertain me even more than watching World Wrestling Entertainment.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
@SeungRyul funny, a WoW Player was just about what I imagined from looking at the ADI site earlier... and it's quite easy to notice actually.

Sign 1: Super-Specialized-Squadrons, cause the first thing in the guidebook on how to be an idiot in MMORPG is going full-retard if you don't get the exact party you (for no apparent reason) thought of.

Sign 2: "OMG EVERYONE MUST BE SUPER TRAINED!" -> Your average WoW idiot thinks of his char as the 0,0001% that rule the world... so the other guys next to him undeniably doing/taking almost the same damage must be that great, too.

Sign 3: Exclusive Organisation and not allowing their members to be affiliate at other Orgs... cause going raiding with a different guild could mean your own wasn't able to do it... or in other terms the guy knows they'd leave and join a different org.^^

If you want to have fun: act like you're a girl and have no clue how to play (he'll buy it), after some days of him showing you how to play the game, act like you wanna have cyber sex with him, record it and then when he's about to come, yell "YOU'VE BEEN TESTED" and post it on YT. (Chance of success roughly 75%)

92rslt1

Grand Admiral
Mar 25, 2016
RSI Handle
92rslt1
The butthurt was strong in that thread. I saw it yesterday but couldn't think of anything witty or stupid enough to post. After more beer I was able to come up with something, but now I can't because they closed the thread (and maybe because I haven't had enough beer yet to remember whatever stupidly witty comment I had)

JeffCraig

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
JeffCraig
I actually posted in that thread before I knew that other TESTies had replied.

I just wanted to point out that OP was 100% wrong about Disco posting to Reddit first, since he had posted to his official Twitter account before going to Reddit.

I kinda wish I had seen RussianJ's comments before contributing. I just want to take a second to thank RussianJ for being extremely mature in his response.

I also want to take a second to thank all the other TEST members for making my laugh my ass off at the comments that led up to the thread being closed. But seriously. Shame on us :p

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Yeah, I've read now through major parts of the corresponding thread - though I don't understand what seems to be the matter of all the "anti-TEST-guys". Whats their point (except being jealous or ftw...?)?
I can answer that.

Its normal to get a lot of hate when you are the biggest and best.

When we were small (100 members) we all hated Imperium because they were the biggest.

They were stupid and only idiots would join an org like that because reasons!

Now we are the biggest so it has come full circle.

Forgot your password?