ADI thinks we control /r/StarCitizen. Cultural Victory?!?!

[Insert Opinion Here]

• Total voters

LiterallyAlty

Space Marshal
Jul 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Literally
I can answer that.

Its normal to get a lot of hate when you are the biggest and best.

When we were small (100 members) we all hated Imperium because they were the biggest.

They were stupid and only idiots would join an org like that because reasons!

Now we are the biggest so it has come full circle.
So, is the circle now complete? Alternately, how long have we been meeting in a circle?

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...Its normal to get a lot of hate when you are the biggest and best...
here's how it happens

a Testie posts in General Chat about something ridiculous on RSI forums

we are a large, active org - lots of people see the post and visit the ridiculous RSI thread

while there, many leave sarcastic or humorous comments because ridiculousness deserves ridicule

because we are many, our individual acts are perceived as a collective 'ganging up' on and 'bullying' of lame posters

tears are harvested, Mods can't handle the butthurt, they lock thread

Last edited:

LiterallyAlty

Space Marshal
Jul 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Literally
Gentleman and Ladies, you can't fix stupid. It's a sad sad state of affairs, but it's the world we live in.
False! Stupid can be adequately addressed by means of sufficient intravenous doses of potassium chloride, or various means of administering potassium cyanide.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
here's how it happens

a Testie posts in General Chat about something ridiculous on RSI forums

we are a large, active org - lots of people see the post and visit the ridiculous RSI thread

while there, many leave sarcastic or humorous comments because ridiculousness deserves ridicule

because we are many, our individual acts are perceived as a collective 'ganging up' on and 'bullying' of lame posters

tears are harvested, Mods can't handle the butthurt, they lock thread
Less than a tenth of a percent of TEST commenting in a single thread = ganging up and bullying

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
@Sam K Macer

STORY TIME!

ADI used to be a 300 member org led by an ex-WOW guild leader who managed to piss off his entire guild and cause a failscade. One day, I received a tip from ADI's rival org who tells me that ADI is somehow managing to attract almost 200+ new members per week. Upon investigation and some detective work we found out that there is an exploit allowing you to access the latest backer to Star Citizen (who backed only just seconds ago). What ADI was doing was set up a bot to access this database and shoot off an org invite to had just seconds ago backed Star Citizen. We exposed them on /r/StarCitizen and the RSI forums here (https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/357nla/someone_is_feeling_very_upset_about_the_recent/)

Upon exposure and forum poll to limit the amount of daily invites (so that spam is less of an issue), the ADI leadership sent a massive email spam to all their members to go to the link of the forum poll and downvote it. This email was immediately shared to us and posted once again on /r/StarCitizen for everyone's enjoyment.

At this point, ADI started filing fake DMCA takedowns to take down the screenshot of the email. Once again this was exposed on /r/StarCitizen (https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/358skg/mirror_while_imgur_reviews_the_fake_dmca_takedown/).

All this resulted in ADI becoming laughing stock of all the orgs and they have envied us ever since :p

Be sure to check out the reddit link comments they are hilarious XD
Thanks a lot for explanation! I will check this link later this day, again thanks!! :)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
He may have, what's it matter. We're all feeling pretty good right now.

Hahaha, reminds me of the brilliant Bernie & Ert - which had to be closed down due to copyright issues with the owner of the Sesamestreet rights (those petty-minded f*cks...*gasp* :oops::rolleyes::D).
If you wanna have fun:
Its in German language, but I think even a peek into the intro is fun enough :D

Last edited:

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I can answer that.

Its normal to get a lot of hate when you are the biggest and best.

When we were small (100 members) we all hated Imperium because they were the biggest.

They were stupid and only idiots would join an org like that because reasons!

Now we are the biggest so it has come full circle.
Boss, is that you behind those Sunglasses?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I read some of it but it was just too stupid to go through when I saw there were four pages! Didn't get to see the funnies you guys posted

Part of me wants to join ADI with an alt account and troll them once the game releases.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Okay... so it's only $50 bucks to get a 2nd account and troll these guys. I think I'll be able to pass all think tests and such. Piloting might be an issue. Then we can know what sinister plans they let low level internships in on!
But...
What if I go too deep?
What if NotCrudeSasquatch ... become as ONE with the ADI?
whats our extremely unprocessed extraction plan,

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Okay... so it's only $50 bucks to get a 2nd account and troll these guys. I think I'll be able to pass all think tests and such. Piloting might be an issue. Then we can know what sinister plans they let low level internships in on!
But...
What if I go too deep?
What if NotCrudeSasquatch ... become as ONE with the ADI?
whats our extremely unprocessed extraction plan,
More beer. You always fall for that. Especially when there's beer. For free.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Forgot your password?