Aegis Hammerhead

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
Yeah, i'm gonna hold on until the Drake day to see if anything changes....but right now the Caterpillar is sadly just an undergunned, overpriced loot pinata. Making a modular battle freighter that's got less firepower than a non-combat fuel tanker, and making it without even an official list of planned modules is lame-o. Can't fight enough to be a pirate ship, can't haul enough to be a hauler, and doesn't have the utility to do anything else.

Which sucks, I've had my Cat since 2013 :'(
I just might melt the cat, i just don't see myself ever using it.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Well I am trying to decide whether I want the polaris I have or melt it for the hammerhead. Whilst I think the Polaris will be better against "big" opponents how often will you do that? Plus the cost to run, what do you mean you want to test fire the torps!!!
Polaris vs Hammerhead
big crew - medium crew (3min, 9 max)
big op cost - medium op cost
MANY torps - few torps
some guns - MANY guns
looks nice - looks nice
offense - defense

I think the Polaris is better used for hit and run stuff, while the Hammerhead is used to protect fleets.
I guess. Maybe.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Polaris vs Hammerhead
MANY torps - few torps
some guns - MANY guns
looks nice - looks nice
offense - defense

I think the Polaris is better used for hit and run stuff, while the Hammerhead is used to protect fleets.
I guess. Maybe.
So get both, is what you're saying. I like it. :)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The thing I like about the hammerhead compared to the polaris is it's gonna be relatively "cheap to run" - most of the hammerheads firepower can be brought to bear without costing you _any_ money (if you use frikkin laser guns) wheras each missile you fire from your polaris is gonna cost you as much as a constellation!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
The thing I like about the hammerhead compared to the polaris is it's gonna be relatively "cheap to run" - most of the hammerheads firepower can be brought to bear without costing you _any_ money (if you use frikkin laser guns) wheras each missile you fire from your polaris is gonna cost you as much as a constellation!
This. ^

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
My Eclipse is a Warbond version, but still doesn't list a serial number.
I think it is specific to this ship and specifically the warbond editions. Kind of like the 600i warbond.
I don't think that the Eclipse had serial numbers, instead you got Clearance Level Ultra forum badge and an alternate ship skin.

Polaris vs Hammerhead
MANY torps - few torps
some guns - MANY guns
looks nice - looks nice
offense - defense

I guess. Maybe.
So get both, is what you're saying. I like it. :slight_smile:
You just got me inspiration for my ship names: Bonnie and Clyde

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Might as well just literally shoot constellations at them, eh?
Well, we are TEST squadron, we can probably handle that :)

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Well I am trying to decide whether I want the polaris I have or melt it for the hammerhead. Whilst I think the Polaris will be better against "big" opponents how often will you do that? Plus the cost to run, what do you mean you want to test fire the torps!!!
is your polaris warbond with serial? if so is it tradeable? id trade you the credits for it if it was

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
Must. Resist. Urge...

At least, until the final new ship is revealed on Tue the 28th. Then at least I can make an informed choice of which ship I want to get.
Suspecting it's a boarding ship. Or boarding tube with rockets. Or both.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?