Aegis Reclaimer is Huge

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Since the sale happens tomorrow I would like to present the following as my sentiment toward such a vessel.

if we're going down that route

Jun 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Killbuni
Me thinks they need to revisit the instance thing again if these things are to make real money .... there was talk that stuff would only stay around for 5 mins or so after a battle before being lost man that would suck so bad.
Good luck to those getting one of these I'm sure you will have lots of stuff to collect and munch your way through, just follow the operation pitch fork mob is a sure winner ;)

Madfish

Captain
Aug 10, 2014
RSI Handle
dottedfish
Well, instances will stay as long as there are ships in it. The question is more like how do you get to enter the instance of a huge battle specifically and at the right time (without getting ripped to shreds).
What I believe needs to be revised the most is the player cap per instance. I hope they can technologically progress way beyond the currently announced about 50 players per instance so that all these huuuge ships can actually be played out fully.

Last edited:

Raggy

Commander
Jun 9, 2014
RSI Handle
TheRaggy
Looks like pure space vehicle sex. I've been waiting for a concept sale to come along, if I have had the money squirreled away in a jar for a couple of months, then it's a sunk cost and my wife won't divorce me...

Right? RIGHT?!

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I feel like this ship will be amazing for TEST. It's so big, it can just ram everything else that's been revealed and turn it to mush by focusing shields to front. Pretty sure it could cut a connie in half and keep on truckin.

Reactions: Choppanob

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I'll be getting the ship when I get home. In other news I may start a group dedicated to Reclaiming Lost Glory (get it? Salvaging crashed ships) and our purpose would be to well.....salvage everyone else's drunk ass mistakes so we can make money for them again and never learn from our experience.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
I'll be getting the ship when I get home. In other news I may start a group dedicated to Reclaiming Lost Glory (get it? Salvaging crashed ships) and our purpose would be to well.....salvage everyone else's drunk ass mistakes so we can make money for them again and never learn from our experience.
This is gona be so much fun while doing it!
Concept sale page said:
Additionally, it includes a manned cutter which may be deployed for EVA/recovery operations. We intend the game’s salvage mechanic to include a ‘search and recovery’ function in which players will exit their spacecraft in suits and maneuvering units to explore wreckage. Pocket spacecraft like the cutter will carry tools and supplies and transport recovered artifacts back aboard ship.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Reason for me is... I'm always been more of a worker type of guy that likes to get his hands dirty.
I'm a welder that has worked in a steel mill and as forklift/crane driver, so this ship is perfect for me. (I love the smell of hot steel in the morning)

Also... i'm not into those fancy bling bling ships, let them have their hut tubs... i will pick those tubs up with my long claw, when their ships have been blown to smithereens by pirates.
I always loved the rugged dirty looking ships more, and thats also one of the reasons that i got one.

I have a feeling when the PU is starting, i will end up with only a couple of work/transport ships :p

Reactions: Designated Drunk

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
if we're going down that route

I'm going to have to go with Robert Palmer on this one

It'd be like the trailer for dreadnought.
"I detected 3 minor impacts across the bow, Captain. No damage, probably just debris."
I think you should drive it based on this example:

Also, I'm going to need some help crewing this bad boy! :D

Forgot your password?