Aegis Sabre Fighter - Who is getting it?

Will you be rattling a Sabre?

• Yes

Votes: 61 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Need to drink on it

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
The only thing that's stopped me melting everything I have spare into a Sabre is the ATV look at the Caterpillar. When it's next on sale I just won't be able to resist so I really need to retain my expendable ship collection.
I want one so badly though...

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
you know, even though I voted no, I later bought 2 for the ability to use the LTI to upgrade other ships later...

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
So here is my take on things. The Saber is Aegis's design for a next generation fighter. It says it was not yet accepted in the lore. As of yet the F8A is still not being produced lore-wise or is still prototypes, and is probably competing with the Saber for the bid. The Saber is built for stealth, fast response fighter, while the f8a Lightning is a fleet fighter with heavy armor lots of weapons like its little brother the hornet. Both of these ships are pointed at one thing: Kill the Stinger heavy fighter. Now the leaked Lightning was bigger than the Saber, but might be reduced in size, this would cause the Saber to maybe be a heavy fighter instead of a medium fighter. After the fall of Messer, Aegis has not done well and is trying to sway public opinion, hence releasing the prototype Saber to the public to hype them about Aegis. Anvil still has their hand hidden and the public does not know about it. We know the F8A is accepted as the newest main fleet fighter for the UEE Navy and this is probably because they want a brawler to confront the stinger not a stealthy fast mover.

TLDR; Saber competes against Lightning for Navy bid, and loses. Saber leftover stock is sold to civilians.

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
The only thing that's stopped me melting everything I have spare into a Sabre is the ATV look at the Caterpillar. When it's next on sale I just won't be able to resist so I really need to retain my expendable ship collection.
I want one so badly though...
This exact concept is why I might end up with two Sabres next check; one to Sabre, one to upgrade to a Caterpillar when it arrives.

"Modular" is like my favorite buzzword. I'll take a Cat over a Connie any day, for that reason alone.

Reactions: Kersakov

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
I want it so bad and weighing my options. If not now definitely on my top 3 to earn first in game.

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
All this talk makes me wonder how much the avg backer must give, I have a problem but I'm sure others have more limited finances or are just more into saving then I,

I also wonder how much money CIG
Has made from YouTube , twitch , cons and other things. I don't think that's reflected in the donation amount.

I bet they have to have another 5-15 million in the bank (total guess)

Last edited:

Pandoz

Grand Admiral
Mar 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Pandoz
I melted my Connie Andromeda package (standard $275 that you can buy today) to buy the Sabre for LTI. My hope is that it becomes upgradeable and I can upgrade to the non-package Andromeda and keep that LTI (only $55 on top of the Sabre, which leaves me $50 to waste/use on something else).

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
So I wonder how many S. Hornets and Sabers fit into a Idris.

Forgot your password?