Alien Week is ON!

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
The BMM trades by landing on planets and stations, CIG have already confirmed this in the Q&A of the Privateer when someone asked what the difference between the two ships is if I remember correctly.
I had always interpereted that statement to mean that the BMM could land (with a full hold) while the Privateer would struggle with such a task, not that the BMM would be relegated to dirtside sales alone. I mean, it would be pretty silly to give something like the Hammer Head a way to dock to other ships but not the Mobile trading vessel. Then again, who knows...Crazier shit has definitely happened
This is honestly the difference between whether I would get it or not. I have no plans to get a privateer but would give a BMM serious consideration if I can trade directly off of it.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
This is honestly the difference between whether I would get it or not. I have no plans to get a privateer but would give a BMM serious consideration if I can trade directly off of it.
If I were in charge of designing it (Which is a completely pointless thing to say, I know) the BMM would be designed to be able to land on standard pads (Large), which will give your marketplace access to the local NPC population. This will be the main advantage over the Drake monstrosity. The BMM in my head would also have one of if not THE largest shielded cargo hold (Un-scannable) So while it might not be a GIANT hold, its a special one with its own ET advantages. Also Giant front-facing guns like in the concept. Blockade runner, anyone?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If I were in charge of designing it (Which is a completely pointless thing to say, I know) the BMM would be designed to be able to land on standard pads (Large), which will give your marketplace access to the local NPC population. This will be the main advantage over the Drake monstrosity. The BMM in my head would also have one of if not THE largest shielded cargo hold (Un-scannable) So while it might not be a GIANT hold, its a special one with its own ET advantages. Also Giant front-facing guns like in the concept. Blockade runner, anyone?
This, but also add in a docking collar that can connect to the entrance of shops area to make advantage of while in space at stations or with ships that would be capable.

• o7
Reactions: Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
This, but also add in a docking collar that can connect to the entrance of shops area to make advantage of while in space at stations or with ships that would be capable.
Exactly! Gotta have international waters to sell your spacedrugs in.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Exactly! Gotta have international waters to sell your spacedrugs in.
Those go in the "special reserves" storage that is only accessed through the VIP access, just like all the other vices like space hookers (willing slaves) & drunken TESTies that are needing a space Uber to sneak past the Advocacy because of their earlier shenanigans.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I got my Hawk warbond back with store credit, I think if you add it to your cart, you will still be able to buy it with store credit. I think the pages still read 'no store credit' as they are warbond pages.
I have tried to use a buyback token on a warbond Nox a couple of times and it never let me.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Wednesday will bring a comm-link covering flight & combat changes coming to a ‘verse near you in Alpha 3.10. Also, the Banu are expected to deliver us a special message.

Thursday treats us to another alien-themed episode of Inside Star Citizen, featuring a look into the updated art of the Esperia Scythe, Glaive, and Blade, and will also dive into an update from the team with a brand new Sprint Report.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I mean some of you are spending a lot of time and effort comparing the merchantman with the privateer, they are totally incomparable ships! The melt value on my BMM is $235 the privateer is like $2000 (yes thats two fecking throusand)!!

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I mean some of you are spending a lot of time and effort comparing the merchantman with the privateer, they are totally incomparable ships! The melt value on my BMM is $235 the privateer is like $2000 (yes thats two fecking throusand)!!
I wasn't comparing them so much as wondering about a single thing they (apparently?) have in common, namely the potential for on board trading. The BMM is a much more affordable option for that if so vs a privateer which I have no intention of getting.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I wonder if the "special message" from the Banu tomorrow is going to be another ship or a BMM tease.

I honestly dunno.
I've been thinking a lot about the Banu ships & despite their lack of interest in their own history, it honestly doesn't make any sense that they would only have 2 types of ships that they produce. Not unless it turns out that CIG makes the BMM into something modular. Even then, it would make sense that they would have their own ship carrier for interstellar journeys for their Defenders to be transported with to conserve their fuel & readiness for combat. So I'm hoping that it's a new Banu ship concept.

Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I've been thinking a lot about the Banu ships & despite their lack of interest in their own history, it honestly doesn't make any sense that they would only have 2 types of ships that they produce.
It makes more sense if you think of it the other way round and mull over that CIG's insistence on moving away from modular ships to strict single roll ships is completely nonsensical. Ships are so expensive to design an produce the manufacturer would want to use one air frame to do as much as humanly (or BanUly) possible.

Clearly military ships are likely to be more single roll, a fighter or a bomber. For civilian ships, it would be the opposite. Think of all the platform sharing that goes on with cars vans and lorries now and imagine what it would be like in the distant future in space.

When you design a Boeing or an Airbus you don't design it so it can only fit 100 unconformable seats in and that's it, you design it so that is in in effect an empty tube that can be easily customised? 200 seats packed like sardines? Yes. 100 seats and some VIP seats? Yes. 20 VIP seats only, fit for a president? Yes. Cargo only no seats lots of boxes? yes. repurposed for military use with a couple of tanks and a bunch of troops with cargo neeting, yes.

Forgot your password?