Anniversary Sale: How many wallet casualties?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Good idea. I have about four various LTI Auroras to CCU later on, but I'm hanging onto at least one LN model so Montoya doesn't duct tape me to a torpedo and launch me into the nearest star. ;)

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Guys I need your advice. I am thinking about getting rid of my Retaliator for a Banu Merchantman, but I already have a Constellation, so I am not sure if it makes sense.....#juststarcitizenthings

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Guys I need your advice. I am thinking about getting rid of my Retaliator for a Banu Merchantman, but I already have a Constellation, so I am not sure if it makes sense.....#juststarcitizenthings
I'll spare you the "why not both" meme, but try to prioritize your goals in Star Citizen. If you want a devoted trader, stick with the Merchantman (which will probably earn you a lot more money to start off with). The one "practical" use for the Retaliator, so far as I see it, is re-building it to be the heavy bomber it always was. So, commerce vs. combat.

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
I'll spare you the "why not both" meme, but try to prioritize your goals in Star Citizen. If you want a devoted trader, stick with the Merchantman (which will probably earn you a lot more money to start off with). The one "practical" use for the Retaliator, so far as I see it, is re-building it to be the heavy bomber it always was. So, commerce vs. combat.
Ostensibly, it might also be better equipped for long distance travel or jumps, as well as higher survivability. Speculation of course.

@TypeO: I agree with WarrenPeace, probably prioritize. One thing to consider is that, unless you have a Phoenix or it's LTI, you may want to melt the Connie for an MM as it's only available for a week.

Reactions: TypeO

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
A big old blast from a Starfarer Anniversary followed up by a few point shots from Advocacy Tools, UEE Environment Coat and Shut Up And Take My Money paint scheme has decimated my wallet and left it a smoking ruin.

But...there's still enough left for a 4-pack of Stella.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
Cos cops? and bounties may be better if delivered alive rather than dead.

Ofc if the opportunity arises there's nothing like an old fashioned projectile slug thrower. (yes, Firefly fan here)

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Retaliator.

Hopefully it's money well spent... now I'm going to buy some racing suit and a pistol like everyone here.

... thanks for that ...

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I didn;t get the suit or gun.
But I did go from a 40 meter, 5-man gunship to a 70 meter, 8-man torpedo bomber.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
My Hornet, an M50 CCU, and all my Auroras got turned into slag to go towards the Starfarer I've wanted from the beginning as well as a MM. I really want a Retaliator (so pretty!!!), and the MM doesn't excite me, but I think it will be a good profit maker and hopefully I can earn a Tali right away in PU.

I just realized the sheer hypocritical idiocy of trying to make responsible purchasing decisions when we're talking about spending money on internet spaceships. **sigh**

Reactions: WarrenPeace

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Well I held out, only upgrading my M50 from 6month insurance to 2year insurance by melting and rebuying. But as was foretold in Lord of the Rings, the hearts of men are week, and so I barely contained my erection as I made my purchases before they left the store...

I'll be surprised if I don't get a fraud alert call for this one...

Reactions: Designated Drunk

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Well I held out, only upgrading my M50 from 6month insurance to 2year insurance by melting and rebuying. But as was foretold in Lord of the Rings, the hearts of men are week, and so I barely contained my erection as I made my purchases before they left the store...

I'll be surprised if I don't get a fraud alert call for this one...
Welcome to my world, mate. Mine DID trigger and refused to let me keep the card so they reissued it. Of course I wont have it till Monday....

Reactions: Walex
Forgot your password?