Anniversary Sale Schedule

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Its not a DUR or the like. Best explanation is to be found within the Q&As part 2: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15478-Anvil-Terrapin-Q-A-Part-2

"(...)The Terrapin was designed first and foremost for the UEE Military to provide overwatch, long-endurance picket, and reconnaissance capabilities to the fleet, as well as extend the Navy’s ability to provide a patrol presence to border systems that couldn’t be allocated capital ships or large fighter garrisons for defense. These capabilities lend themselves to civilian use as an explorer, particularly where a private operator principally gathers and sells information, point of interest data, risky deep scans of hostile environments, and survey data for a living, as opposed to collecting tangibles for sale. The Terrapin’s long endurance, advanced sensor suite, and range play to this aspect of exploration, whereas other explorers like the Freelancer DUR sometimes focus more on collecting trinkets, incidental salvage, and other physical items to supplement their exploration runs. While purpose built for recon, overwatch, and picket duty, the military makes good use of whatever is available, so the Terrapin’s supplemental military roles as an S&R ship or makeshift troop transport arose as a matter of need, in situations where the tried-and-true Argo wasn’t sufficiently robust for service under fire.(...)"

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Its not a DUR or the like. Best explanation is to be found within the Q&As part 2: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15478-Anvil-Terrapin-Q-A-Part-2

"(...)The Terrapin was designed first and foremost for the UEE Military to provide overwatch, long-endurance picket, and reconnaissance capabilities to the fleet, as well as extend the Navy’s ability to provide a patrol presence to border systems that couldn’t be allocated capital ships or large fighter garrisons for defense. These capabilities lend themselves to civilian use as an explorer, particularly where a private operator principally gathers and sells information, point of interest data, risky deep scans of hostile environments, and survey data for a living, as opposed to collecting tangibles for sale. The Terrapin’s long endurance, advanced sensor suite, and range play to this aspect of exploration, whereas other explorers like the Freelancer DUR sometimes focus more on collecting trinkets, incidental salvage, and other physical items to supplement their exploration runs. While purpose built for recon, overwatch, and picket duty, the military makes good use of whatever is available, so the Terrapin’s supplemental military roles as an S&R ship or makeshift troop transport arose as a matter of need, in situations where the tried-and-true Argo wasn’t sufficiently robust for service under fire.(...)"
If they make a SAR variant for the Terrapin, with equipment similar to the Cutlass Red, I'll break the bank and get it.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Has the subject of the discounted game packages been raised (couldn't spot anything with forum search)? I know that 1000 of these will be going up for sale tomorrow, and I hope to get one for my second account, but do we know what time the sale starts? I've heard that people grab 10 at a time so I wouldn't expect them to last long - it would be good to have an idea of when to start tapping refresh on the web site ;)

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent

I understand that it's different from the DUR. I'm kind of pigeon-holing ships into major categories:

Figher, Miner, Salvager, Hauler, Repair, Snub, Explorer, Racer, etc. To me it falls into the explorer category with the Carrack, Aquila, DUR, 315p, Reliant Sen Researcher, and any others I have missed. They vary wildly, but short of buying every ship I see, I'm sticking with something multi-purpose in the categories that interest me. In this case, the DUR is my compromise. It won't do well under heavy fire. It won't specialize in mapping jump points. It won't be big, with a fancy-schmancy rover, but I fly solo a lot and I like to explore, so it's what I'm going to start with. If I feel like specializing, I'll just ste... hrm... borrow Rock Boss' Terrapin or play red shirt on someone's carrack :)

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I understand that it's different from the DUR. I'm kind of pigeon-holing ships into major categories:

Figher, Miner, Salvager, Hauler, Repair, Snub, Explorer, Racer, etc. To me it falls into the explorer category with the Carrack, Aquila, DUR, 315p, Reliant Sen Researcher, and any others I have missed. They vary wildly, but short of buying every ship I see, I'm sticking with something multi-purpose in the categories that interest me. In this case, the DUR is my compromise. It won't do well under heavy fire. It won't specialize in mapping jump points. It won't be big, with a fancy-schmancy rover, but I fly solo a lot and I like to explore, so it's what I'm going to start with. If I feel like specializing, I'll just ste... hrm... borrow Rock Boss' Terrapin or play red shirt on someone's carrack :slight_smile:
You can certainly borrow it unless I melt it. :)

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
Melt it. Buy anything LTI. Upgrade to SH.
Done
Thats what I'm looking to do but the SH isn't available right now, and isn't on the "upgrade to" list, maybe the finale will give me a chance. I'll probably pick up the WF just because I snagged the other 3, might as well have the set I suppose? Plus this version has 4 missile racks to work with instead of 2.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Remembered my Super Hornet isn't LTI so I'm sitting here trying to figure a workaround to make it LTI lol. Seems I missed the slot to do that.
Buy a Wildfire and 0$ CCU to it. Keep the digital swag.

Last edited:

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
Buy a Wildfire and 0$ CCU to it. Keep the digital swag.
Well I did get a wildfire but I think I'll keep it as a missile-boat, thing is the SH I have was upgraded from a F7C package that included Squadron 42 and other goodies. So I may CCU that SH to something else and then pull the shenanigans with a cheap LTI for a new SH.

- Just got the 85X just for this plan, now to choose what the old SH should be turned into...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?