Anniversary Sale Schedule

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Picked up a merchantman. Seems great value for $250. Same price as a connie?! :anguished:

I actually picked up Terrapin > Merchantman CCU so only $55 extra. Seems like MUCH better value for money than the Terrapin as I want to be trader.

Evan86

Commander
Nov 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Evan86
I actually picked up Terrapin > Merchantman CCU so only $55 extra. Seems like MUCH better value for money than the Terrapin as I want to be trader.
I really wish CIG would've done a better job describing the Terrapin. I want to put it on the chopping block, but I just don't know how useful a heavily shielded small ship is or isn't. It's in the exploration pack, so I assume CIG envisions it carried in the Carrak.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeh I got explorer pack an figured I'd use the carrack for exploring so I suppose the terrapin will have some niche rolls but seems very poor value for money compared to the carrack which can be used for exploring, sightseeing, military purposes, cargo hauling, as a home ship, as a drunken brothel.

So carrack and BMM nice big ship combo.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Didn't see Vanduul Stinger. Left disappointed.
Stinger??? I have to do some home work on that one. Will there be a Christmas sale this year??

but I just don't know how useful a heavily shielded small ship is or isn't.
I envision, at the least to use it to piss off some light to medium fighters who bounce shells off my armour while I sing "Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey" as I slowly fly away with info. I could be wrong about this, but it could be fun.

Evan86

Commander
Nov 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Evan86
Yeh I got explorer pack an figured I'd use the carrack for exploring so I suppose the terrapin will have some niche rolls but seems very poor value for money compared to the carrack which can be used for exploring, sightseeing, military purposes, cargo hauling, as a home ship, as a drunken brothel.
I envision, at the least to use it to piss off some light to medium fighters who bounce shells off my armour while I sing "Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey" as I slowly fly away with info. I could be wrong about this, but it could be fun.
After reading the Q&A for it again, it looks like it compliments the Carrak well. With the Carrak being a large vessel, having the small, and much more nimble Terrapin aboard to take off and explore the more hard to reach areas a Carrak would have a tough time getting to and landing seems like a good idea. It's heavy armor and shielding might make it ideal for exploring planets with a harsh environment too.

I guess it's a keeper for now.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Its literally just my dream ship. They probably won't ever sell it.
Considering that its the same class as the F8, and the F8 wont be on sale. Even after Ben said it might be on Bensday. There were a number of people asking via conceirge and given the response "no the uee premier fighter will not be going on sale".

This just makes me further doubt Ben and his statements this is just one in a number of comments he has made that have been wrong.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I get the impression that CIG is not sure what they're going to do with the Terrapin. I picture a meeting with a dozen development ideas floating around.
I am really hoping they make it a aux ship for the carrack. Honestly the Terrapin cant fly that far but has supposedly great stealth and scanners and can fly through small wormholes. Terrapin is also missing amenities like beds and living capacities like cooking etc. It compliments the Carrack nicely though.

Imagine a Carrack takes a Terrapin close to its objective before snuggling down and wide range scanning looking for anything. The Terrapin detaches and goes deeper with its stealth capabilities. It finds a comfotlrtable spot in the asteroids and begins to scan for enemy sigs. The Carrack finishes and calls the Terrapin back to attach again. The Terrapin crew can enjoy a meal/shower and bunks. Or if they need to stay out there for a few days they take rations and perform 1 up 1 down sleep schedules. When mission is done or supplies are complete a carrack comes and picks them up or resupplies them.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I like the terrapin and I hope its good, at least the best small explorer but its laughably expensive compared to an Aquila unless its scanners are as good because it doesn't have any of the flexibility that ship brings. I see the carrack as much more self sufficient for long range missions with the cargo capacity needed for supplies and stuff. Given the general price creep surprisingly only the terrapin shows this amongst explorers.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Well, although its a little bit offtopic: imho the Terrapin is a small and ugly, but nevertheless very mighty SPAI-toolbox, completely uncomparable with an Aquila or even Carrack. And I guess that CIG wanted to avoid that too much people are buying her, hence they set a - related to its tiny size - very high price for it.
I'm looking very forward to the Terrapin.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
I like the Terrapin. I like the idea of the Terrapin. I like it's compact size and functionality. Unfortunately, I view it as an 'extra' ship which I can't justify buying over my DUR for exploration. I hope it finds a niche in game where it excels above all others (like surface scanning for shiny rocks on a planet full of savages) so I can justify the purchase down the line. For now, it remains on the novelty wishlist as something I think is awesome, but doesn't offer enough versatility for my predicted style of play. Maybe I'll buy a CCU from something else for when I talk myself into it :)

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Well, although its a little bit offtopic: imho the Terrapin is a small and ugly, but nevertheless very mighty SPAI-toolbox, completely uncomparable with an Aquila or even Carrack. And I guess that CIG wanted to avoid that too much people are buying her, hence they set a - related to its tiny size - very high price for it.
I'm looking very forward to the Terrapin.
I like the Terrapin. I like the idea of the Terrapin. I like it's compact size and functionality. Unfortunately, I view it as an 'extra' ship which I can't justify buying over my DUR for exploration. I hope it finds a niche in game where it excels above all others (like surface scanning for shiny rocks on a planet full of savages) so I can justify the purchase down the line. For now, it remains on the novelty wishlist as something I think is awesome, but doesn't offer enough versatility for my predicted style of play. Maybe I'll buy a CCU from something else for when I talk myself into it :slight_smile:
In my head, it's Terrapin vs Herald: they do mostly the same thing, one is fast, the other is tanky, so they basically even out, imo.
I don't have a Terrapin, but I have a Herald and $110 in my pocket.

Forgot your password?