Anniversary Sale Schedule

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I picked up a Prospector as I missed it first time around. Now I'm having a hard time choosing between the Cat and the Orion, when it comes back on the auction block on Sat. I'm leaning towards the Orion, but the Cat looks sweet in the presentations. Josh Coons helped rework the Cat, didn't he?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I picked up a Prospector as I missed it first time around. Now I'm having a hard time choosing between the Cat and the Orion, when it comes back on the auction block on Sat. I'm leaning towards the Orion, but the Cat looks sweet in the presentations. Josh Coons helped rework the Cat, didn't he?
Get both and convince yourself you only bought one of them and the other was from last year!

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
CCU from 85x to cat, buy the CCU from cat to orion, and if you decide you don't want the cat (after live TESTing in 2.6, of course) upgrade it to orion later. If not, dump the CCU for something ELSE you don't need later, or use it for credit towards your new Orion, which you park next to the old Cat, that you just couldn't part with.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
If you already bought a Prospector, go for the Cat (which is a beautiful ship that you'll also be able to TEST sooner) and just hold on to a Cat-Orion CCU, in case you want to go crazy with mining. Basically, what @MikeNificent said.
I have no additional valuable input. :|

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
If you already bought a Prospector, go for the Cat (which is a beautiful ship that you'll also be able to TEST sooner) and just hold on to a Cat-Orion CCU, in case you want to go crazy with mining. Basically, what @MikeNificent said.
I have no additional valuable input. :|
This is a great idea. Thanks. I think this is How I'll plan it. I can't loose if I keep a CCU

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
CCU from 85x to cat, buy the CCU from cat to orion, and if you decide you don't want the cat (after live TESTing in 2.6, of course) upgrade it to orion later. If not, dump the CCU for something ELSE you don't need later, or use it for credit towards your new Orion, which you park next to the old Cat, that you just couldn't part with.
Ah, you're suggesting that I get both. That is usually how it ends up

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I also was in love with the Cat (still am). But you are in need of 5 people to run her properly; at least 3, I guess.
Thus I decided to stay away from her (aside of the fact that I still own too much multiplayer ships)

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I also was in love with the Cat (still am). But you are in need of 5 people to run her properly; at least 3, I guess.
Thus I decided to stay away from her (aside of the fact that I still own too much multiplayer ships)
Using that logic, I should stay away from both. Ah hell now I'm really confused. Do I use the money to take my wife out on the town, dinner and a play?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Using that logic, I should stay away from both. Ah hell now I'm really confused. Do I use the money to take my wife out on the town, dinner and a play?
The question is: why do you have to buy both? You can buy an Orion and then make a contract with me for transporting your mined rocks in one of my transporting vessels to the next market place :D

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
The question is: why do you have to buy both? You can buy an Orion and then make a contract with me for transporting your mined rocks in one of my transporting vessels to the next market place :smile:
But I'd still have to hire a crew to man the Orion. But it is a bad ass looking ship. Not Polaris bad ass, just industrial bad ass.
Ah fuck. guess I'm gonna play eeney meeney miney moo on Sat.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
But I'd still have to hire a crew to man the Orion. But it is a bad ass looking ship. Not Polaris bad ass, just industrial bad ass.
Ah fuck. guess I'm gonna play eeney meeney miney moo on Sat.
Finally, you have to make the decision for yourself. Thus I am in Service&Maintenance + exploration in free times, I put my fleet into that direction. You want to mine and trade? Then I'd suggest to go for an Orion and Hull (B/C), as an example.
Looking to the Cat, she really, really looks nice. But I'm not sure how effective she will be with regards to her cost-benefit calculation. If you want to trade "hot" goods in pirate owned space, then for sure the Cat would be the freighter of your choice.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Finally, you have to make the decision for yourself. Thus I am in Service&Maintenance + exploration in free times, I put my fleet into that direction. You want to mine and trade? Then I'd suggest to go for an Orion and Hull (B/C), as an example.
Looking to the Cat, she really, really looks nice. But I'm not sure how effective she will be with regards to her cost-benefit calculation. If you want to trade "hot" goods in pirate owned space, then for sure the Cat would be the freighter of your choice.
Yeah, I gotta admit. The Cat sure looks pretty, but I can cover it's uses with other ships in my fleet. As far as occupations in the Verse, I plan on a little of a lot. I'll get bored with limiting myself to one or two trades. I have some fighters for aggression and defense, a Dur and Carrack for explore, Herald for sneaky underworld, Prospector for planet side mining and a Polaris for Org support. I do have a Hull C in buyback for transport and a Lancer Max as well so I'm covered for that. But that Orion sure does look awesome.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Ah, you're suggesting that I get both. That is usually how it ends up
I'm not necessarily suggesting that you get both, just that you plan for your lack of self control.

If you don't, you'll end up like me:

I completed my fleet (and then some) on the MISC sale day and instead of being satisfied that I now have all of these LTI shinies I wanted, I've been going around and around in circles trying to decide what else to buy on Saturday, even though my fleet has already grown by $300 this sale. Now I'm looking at crew size vs. cargo capacity vs. modularity vs. awesomeness and I fear that I am about to get about $300-$400 poorer when I buy something like a Phoenix or Caterpillar that I don't need. If I would have planned for this insatiable need to buy some crap I don't need I might have reduced the damage... Buying an extra CCU for later or something similar might have kept me from trying to convince myself that I need a luxury touring vessel with a rover and snub, whose only viable use (that I can see) is smuggling drugs in the secret "sensor dampened" compartment. *slaps self* Or a Caterpillar that is a hauler, but is so modular that it *could* be used for something else super cool later and if I don't buy it now then... well I don't know what then, but I MUST HAVE IT. *slaps self again*

Anyway, this is unhealthy. Good luck to you, Sir.

*wanders off to stare at more constellation videos and carrack specifications*

Forgot your password?