Anniversary Sale

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Typically they do a manufacturer a day, with the last day being everything open if I remember rightly...?

Some ships are stock limited, so the Pheonix, 890j, Kracken and the battleships like the Iris and Jav will only have a couple hundred to sell if that.

Proximus

Commander
Oct 26, 2020
RSI Handle
Proximus
Polaris is also a limited hull now.
I have always been very tempted by the Polaris, what would be the expected price this year?
Can store credit be used to buy a limited ship hull?

Edit: After a bit of research if I trade in my Carrack I could potentially afford the Polaris. Don’t think I could let the Carrack go though. It’s so versatile with the exception of being an all out warship. I still have my Retaliator for those thrills.

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
The price of the Polaris has not changed since first increase after concept sale, it should stay the same for this IAE. So if you trade your carrack, it should be at 750$ store credit.

And yes store credit can be used to buy limited hulls, it is slighlier more expensive than warbond.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
I have always been very tempted by the Polaris, what would be the expected price this year?
Can store credit be used to buy a limited ship hull?

Edit: After a bit of research if I trade in my Carrack I could potentially afford the Polaris. Don’t think I could let the Carrack go though. It’s so versatile with the exception of being an all out warship. I still have my Retaliator for those thrills.
Depends if the Carrack has Lti or not, I personally wouldnt want the insurance costs of a front line combat focused capital ship.

Make sure to pick up a dirt cheap Lti ship to upgrade from if you are planning on doing it.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Depends if the Carrack has Lti or not, I personally wouldnt want the insurance costs of a front line combat focused capital ship.

Make sure to pick up a dirt cheap Lti ship to upgrade from if you are planning on doing it.
Unfortunately during the last sale CIG classified the Polaris as a limited hull ship, same as the Idris and Javelin. So no CCU's to it at all, has to be an outright purchase.

They also did the same with the A2 Hercules, Orion, Connie Phoenix, 890J, Pioneer, which really rustled some jimmies.

@Proximus you can melt down your Carrack and get a non-Warbond Polaris, assuming you can snag one. Last year every IAE ship had 10 year insurance, which to me is almost as good as LTI lol. This year might have 11 or they might stay at 10.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Whoa, Back the Train up.

The Polaris is not Hull Limited "yet". They sold Polaris ccu's during Anniversary Sale last year.
Polaris is limited hull since at least IAE2949, it was though available then as warbond CCU and limited CCU.

It is for sure now limited since ILW2950 as per official post under

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Unfortunately during the last sale CIG classified the Polaris as a limited hull ship, same as the Idris and Javelin. So no CCU's to it at all, has to be an outright purchase.

They also did the same with the A2 Hercules, Orion, Connie Phoenix, 890J, Pioneer, which really rustled some jimmies.

@Proximus you can melt down your Carrack and get a non-Warbond Polaris, assuming you can snag one. Last year every IAE ship had 10 year insurance, which to me is almost as good as LTI lol. This year might have 11 or they might stay at 10.

No, CIG confirmed that no CCUs will be available outside of sales and that those CCus will be limited along with the hulls.

Go ahead and quote the concierge support ticket you are going to use as a source and read it all the way to the bottom.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Go ahead and quote the concierge support ticket you are going to use as a source and read it all the way to the bottom.
I think you guys are just telling the same thing. The Polaris is limited since at least last IAE, when there were limited waves of warbond CCU and limited store credit CCU in addition to limited standalone. And CCU will now be limited too IF offered during sales.

Personnaly I don't think it will be offered this sale since Polaris was NOT officially announced to be limited last IAE, but it became a fact it was limited because of the limited CCUs and people figured it was limited then.

From source we only know from concierge tickets that it was limited since 2018.

And the first time it was officially announced on Spectrum it was limited was for last Invictus sale this year.

@AntiSqueaker is just suggesting @Proximus to melt his carrack and to snag a CCU to get a Polaris, either from a future sale or probably from grey market (like myself when I just bought last month from @PeppaPigKilla a Carrack to Polaris CCU).

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
In my example, Hull Limited = upgrades will not be sold again. (Hull E, A2, etc).

I have not seen any current info suggesting Polaris upgrades will not be sold during IAE sale at end of month.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

I'm glad that I pounced on that Polaris CCU upgrade when it was available during the last IAE. Depending on the costs of various ships, I might be upgrading my Dur (even though I love it), Dragonfly & Cyclone in this pack to more substantial ships this IAE sale.

2019 Anniversary Sale - Exploration Pack with Mods.PNG

Whoa, Back the Train up.

The Polaris is not Hull Limited "yet". They sold Polaris ccu's during Anniversary Sale last year.
For those that missed out on the Polaris CCU upgrade limited waves last year, I hope that you'll get a chance this year. I melted my Phoenix Emerald pack to be able to make the trades & upgrades I wanted then. I'll buy that back eventually, but I have no regrets currently since with those creds I also scored a Scoundrel pack. I'm so ready for my MSR.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
In my example, Hull Limited = upgrades will not be sold again. (Hull E, A2, etc).

I have not seen any current info suggesting Polaris upgrades will not be sold during IAE sale at end of month.
We will have to see I guess. No CCU were sold during Invictus fleet week ie earlier this year (when first time officially announced as limited), only limited standalone. I do hope there will be CCU too for this IAE but I doubt it.

edit : @Doyzer you are probably right about the terminology, Polaris is considered a limited ship, does that mean also limited Hull? I thought it was the same, but you raise a good point, limited ship = limited waves, limited hull = limited waves + no CCU?

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
No, CIG confirmed that no CCUs will be available outside of sales and that those CCus will be limited along with the hulls.

Except for Invictus Launch Week this year they had zero Polaris CCUs available, only Warbond and Credit standalone versions that were gone in a flash.

IAE last year had them, but so far we've had zero capital ship CCUs for all of this year. Maybe the RSI Gunship/Odin will have one since it's new?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Maybe the RSI Gunship/Odin will have one since it's new?
I sincerely hope so. Depending on the price of it, I'm thinking of adding it to 1 of my ship packs, probably my Exploration pack with my Carrack & Polaris, which might also eventually have a Hammerhead & Nautilus added to it. Just thinking about that pack completed like that sounds insane. lol

Forgot your password?