another new monitor

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Asteroids don't show up on your scanners :wink:
I am blessed that I can usually avoid the 'roid, my favourite map in AC is Broken Moon because of all the excellent wreckage to dart through. The ones that catch me out are around GrimHex, they sit in the shadow of larger 'roids and that nice patch of black I was going to fly through gets flown into instead. When they work a little more on shadows around Yela I feel this is going to be a bigger problem than it is now. You can't see a 'roid in the shadow of another even with a sideways screen.

Shadow 'roids, the silent killer.

crap crap crap crap crap crap crap
You, my friend, are talking nothing but crap. True story.

Reactions: marcsand2

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
Too bad you can't position the monitor bezels to match the cockpit struts/supports of the Hornet!
I dream of building a cockpit which actually has a canopy some day and monitors would fill spaces for the glass. Total dream, but it would be well awesome to step inside of an enclosed canopy, but in the world of VR this will be totally unnecessary, but still really cool.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I am blessed that I can usually avoid the 'roid, my favourite map in AC is Broken Moon because of all the excellent wreckage to dart through. The ones that catch me out are around GrimHex, they sit in the shadow of larger 'roids and that nice patch of black I was going to fly through gets flown into instead. When they work a little more on shadows around Yela I feel this is going to be a bigger problem than it is now. You can't see a 'roid in the shadow of another even with a sideways screen.

Shadow 'roids, the silent killer.

You, my friend, are talking nothing but crap. True story.
you caught the tater.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
This or nothing.

I'm leaning towards the Acer just because I want vesa mounts.
Exactly. And yeah, the mounts matter.

marcsand2 said:
At a close distance I still register movement on the side screens, but my focus lies on the main screen.
That is exactly what I am hoping for. Peripheral vision is more sensitive to motion than bifocal vision, so you really can and should expect to "see" stuff you are not immediately focused on just because of their movement, and yeah, that especially includes asteroids! Seeing asteroids is good. Flying into asteroids you did not see, not so good.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
(How much are those monitors apiece?) Or.....ya know....you could get a vive. I play with a screen that can be as big as I want; in any dimensions that I desire. Join the future; Look like a dork in a pitch-black room. Pants definitely optional.

Reactions: Tealwraith

Ninjafoof

Commander
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
Ninjafoof
(How much are those monitors apiece?) Or.....ya know....you could get a vive. I play with a screen that can be as big as I want; in any dimensions that I desire. Join the future; Look like a dork in a pitch-black room. Pants definitely optional.
Does Star Citizen work on the Vive? And I got my LG ultrawide for about $600. Might be the same price as the Vive, but its definitely more useful.

Seagon

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Seagon
Not too long ago i got myself a 34" ultrawide from LG, it's a 2560x1080 so not too high in PPI, but i barely notice it.
It's a gaming monitor by heart, has 144Hz stock, Freesync (though i skipped vega cause the release peeved me off) and got a 1080 12G card instead, still at 144Hz :slight_smile:

In the end i payed around €579 if i remember correctly, cheapest option for a 34" UW Curved so far. Loving this thing, has SuperResolution+, Adjustable response time, 1ms motion blur reduction, built in cross-hair option (from the monitor menu) and can adjust black levels... i'm loving it so far.

Glad i didn't go for the 1k+ options out there, didn't feel like making the move for QHD or 4K :slight_smile: though i do wonder what it would look like, i enjoy the high FPS gaming with the 1080 ^_^

Oh and i got a Rift... would love to play SC on that thing :D

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Does Star Citizen work on the Vive? And I got my LG ultrawide for about $600. Might be the same price as the Vive, but its definitely more useful.
Virtual desktop is what I use. Lets me choose the "room" environment around me, then I can set up a floating screen in front of myself to act like a standard monitor. I've had to avoid the urge to go TOO big with it, because it can get a tad disorienting if the screen wraps around you. Now if only I could put my keyboard and sticks INSIDE the VR, then it would be perfect.

Reactions: Seagon

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
What happens when I'm using the FOIP and I turn my head? Doesn't that just shift the view to look out the sides?

Forgot your password?