Anybody else picked up ARK?

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Still on the fence about this game... It looks interesting, but don't want to jump into a game that may go nowhere...

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
it's really fun....i'm even having more issues than I did with H1Z1, and I still keep coming back(most of them are Win10 related, but still)

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I wanted to play this, but wanted to play with someone during Aussie/Asia timezone..

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
So since I got home I got to play around with ARK. Cool game and great graphics..... But I have a problem.

My two daughters will not stop playing the game.... And they are crazy good at it. "daddy this is so much better than minecraft" was there first comment.

So I will try to play the game again soon... But will let my daughters do all the mundane tasks and let me focus on Dino riding :)

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
I am having driver issues, and it keeps crashing, most likely Win10 bugs, but I won't be playing on line for a bit, at least till the driver thing gets worked out.(new build today, they say over 300 fixed bugs, fingers crossed)

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I basically play during that time if you are on earlyish I think? I play between 1am and 8am EST. Usually some peeps on to hang with.
I am usually playing between 0600 and 0800.

Audax Phidippus

Captain
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Audax_Phidippus
I am having driver issues, and it keeps crashing, most likely Win10 bugs, but I won't be playing on line for a bit, at least till the driver thing gets worked out.(new build today, they say over 300 fixed bugs, fingers crossed)
That's odd.. 2 patches ago I started having massive driver issues, I couldnt stay on for more than 20 mins without crashing. That last patch seems to have fixed it for me.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
DAMN IT. I have been actively avoiding ARK since Day 1 because it's apparently awesome and will destroy my weekends, but CackleHyena just gifted me a copy. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

What's the info for the TEST server? My body is ready to become an All-U-Can-Eat dinosaur buffet. :D

Thanks, Cackle!

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
DAMN IT. I have been actively avoiding ARK since Day 1 because it's apparently awesome and will destroy my weekends, but CackleHyena just gifted me a copy. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

What's the info for the TEST server? My body is ready to become an All-U-Can-Eat dinosaur buffet. :D

Thanks, Cackle!
I'm two weeks clean after a 24 hour binge on the BNG server. I was getting my dinos killed left and right and starving to death all the time. I hate that you have to leave them with food when you logout and your body is there to be molested. You pretty much have to unequip everything and put it in a password protected locker to ensure you don't lose your gear.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
You pretty much have to unequip everything and put it in a password protected locker to ensure you don't lose your gear.
At least ARK actually has those in the game. H1Z1 has been out for six months now and they still haven't figured out that people actually WANT to not lose their gear the moment they log out. :P

Reactions: UnderSc0re

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
At least ARK actually has those in the game. H1Z1 has been out for six months now and they still haven't figured out that people actually WANT to not lose their gear the moment they log out. :p
I do think you are pretty safe if you log out in a faction locked building and trust your group, but still. I mean screw people for having a life, right?

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
Cap'n, spawn in East 1, walk North along the coast. Glance West, and on the nearest cliffside you will see the giant black and yellow gawdiness that is the home of tribe "No Preference". Knock on the gate ("E"), hold PTT ("B") and declare "I AM A MAN WITH BUT ONE SHIT TO GIVE!". Press "Z" to make sure you actually have a shit to give.

Maybe CrimsonCyclist will gift you water and a spear. Maybe Malhavoc will feed you to his pet Carno. Most likely, no one will answer at all. But at least you can say that you were "there" and you did "that".

http://arkservers.net/1/search/?term=test+squadron

Reactions: CrimsonCyclist

Korristopher

Captain
Feb 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Korr
Was playing on a server and managed to get to level 55 with what is basically an eagle and the server owner is now considering wiping....

The pain is real...

Forgot your password?