Anybody else picked up ARK?

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
We got the t-rex using in-game mechanics. I had top spend about 30 minutes figuring out how. We would never cheat, im 100% against using that against other test members, that is cruel. Although me and shive split for pvp purposes we wont be killing dinos unless they are involved in the pvp or attacking people offline etc. neither destroying bases. However we have claimed territory and anything is fair game in our territory

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
@Hoho Of course; wasn't implying you were cheating. In fact I completely support using admin commands to enhance the game experience for everyone beyond what the code allows in an unfinished game. Congrats on finding a way in-code, though; sometimes those are the really fun problems to tackle. I personally feel like 'admincheat' was an unfortunate choice of wordage for the admin commands due to its implication. No system is perfect, and with fair use, there is certainly a time & place for legitimate server commands--especially in an alpha or beta state game.

Last edited:

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Shive & Hoho (et.al.) territory in green
Everyone else in red... LOL

Hey, we kind of look like a bunny rabbit! :) (a cynic might point out the irony in that...)

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
All righty then....I got on last night. Started a little encampment on the East side of the map, but beyond that, I have no Idea where I am...I think I am somewhere around the cove about the halfway point between the North and South corner.

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
Just picked this up as well. So fun! Thantaos, I found your hut and camped out for a bit. Left you some supplied. If you head north and look up in the jungle / cliff, you'll see a small fortification myself and CrimsonCyclist set up.

Also, how do I get an invite to the tribe?

Midge

Space Marshal
Aug 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Midge92
i also have ARK. Will join server after work :))) good timing, because i search for a good server where i can play without "idiots" :D

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
ok, I got 2 turtles now, with some help, gonna head back up to my little hut and expand it, try and make a good safe spot for new guys. it seems that the East 1 or 2 spawn point is right around there.
On another note, I will try to get both Ark and mumble working, I might need to use my laptop for voice, just to use a different internet connection, the boss is hooked on bit torrents so my available bandwidth is limited. But since this is a hotel, we have a guest WiFi, and that should work for mumble.

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
Got a thatch cabin and a wooden cabin. No pets yet, not got the meat.

My hat is where I lay my home...

My hat is on fire!!

Reactions: TypeO

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
I joined the server yesterday. Got killed by Munken's pet and after that by a Piranha. Well, at least I managed to build a hut. But know I am missing levels to be able to get more recepies. So for now I try not to starve and get some xp.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
do not connect through the ingame browser, connect through steam server browser

AND DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO YOUR GEAR, this game is still alpha, exspect server wipes just because the devs introduce major changes.

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
I joined the server yesterday. Got killed by Munken's pet and after that by a Piranha. Well, at least I managed to build a hut. But know I am missing levels to be able to get more recepies. So for now I try not to starve and get some xp.
neatly left out that i was attacking something and you walked in font of me :D also i gave you some stuff.

do not connect through the ingame browser, connect through steam server browser

AND DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO YOUR GEAR, this game is still alpha, exspect server wipes just because the devs introduce major changes.
@chrizz maybe change the PW to: testsquadron

Forgot your password?