Anybody else picked up ARK?

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
neatly left out that i was attacking something and you walked in font of me :D also i gave you some stuff.

@chrizz maybe change the PW to: testsquadron
You attacked the Dodo I was huntimg for food because I was starving you monster!!! But, yeah, thanks for the hides. They saved me from freezing. :D

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
do not connect through the ingame browser, connect through steam server browser

AND DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO YOUR GEAR, this game is still alpha, exspect server wipes just because the devs introduce major changes.
From my understanding they devs can't wipe your server, they can't control it. It is yours and when a wipe happens it is based on you, not them. They can only wipe official servers.

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
From my understanding they devs can't wipe your server, they can't control it. It is yours and when a wipe happens it is based on you, not them. They can only wipe official servers.
well they could change the game so much that old stuff just wont load and your world is corrupted with that patch so you are forced to play an outdated patch or start over on a new map

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
well they could change the game so much that old stuff just wont load and your world is corrupted with that patch so you are forced to play an outdated patch or start over on a new map
That is true, they can cause indirect wipes, but this wipe is stemming from an exploit people aren't using out our server that allows duping and it's destroying economies on servers.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Been watching ARK for a bit now (watching streams as stuff), looks like a fun game. I'm just not into early-access or pre-ordering games. Been nipped in the ass too many times in the past over it.

The one major complaint about the game I see is the issue of logging out and having everything destroyed (Since your character & base stay in world when you're offline).

I'm sure I would have fun in the game, just can't spend the money on an early access game (Not like I have money to spare anyways...)

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
The one major complaint about the game I see is the issue of logging out and having everything destroyed (Since your character & base stay in world when you're offline).
I had the same problem with H1Z1, which is why they need to triple the size of the map since everyone knows the current map now. Building your base over and over again and losing all your loot every day gets old quick.

Did none of these game developers play the DayZ Epoch mod? Those guys had it friggin' figured out and it's why Epoch became more popular than vanilla DayZ mod.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
I had the same problem with H1Z1, which is why they need to triple the size of the map since everyone knows the current map now. Building your base over and over again and losing all your loot every day gets old quick.

Did none of these game developers play the DayZ Epoch mod? Those guys had it friggin' figured out and it's why Epoch became more popular than vanilla DayZ mod.
The difference between those games and this is that your dinos can protect you and you can build auto turrets to protect you while you are off.

Crake

Admiral
Apr 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Crakez
Also, on a private server things tend to me more civil. Public servers in this type of game are always rotten to the core, but I'm loving it on a private server. Looking forward to progressing my tribe tonight!

Reactions: rogesh

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Ya, the only issue I have mow, is being able to get on the server. I keep getting a blank screen, no loading or anything. Just the ARK symbol in the corner.

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
Ya, the only issue I have mow, is being able to get on the server. I keep getting a blank screen, no loading or anything. Just the ARK symbol in the corner.
Having the same issue. Able to join other servers fine. Might be the dot in the password? Would be nice to have that changed and be able to join through game client.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
ok, the last time I logged on, I had some weirdness.....
A Giant Croc had taken up residence outside my house. So, I was skirting around him, when the battle music started playing. So, I ran. Back into my hut(at the time). Well, apparently, he was more offended at my hut than me, so when I ran out, cause he was hitting me through the walls, he kept attacking the hut. I managed to kill it, with my slingshot, from 20 feet away. Instant level. I have since upgraded my house to 2 levels, and at this point it's not thach any more, the stupid Croc ate my Mortar and Pestle, and one of my storage boxes, cause they were on the ground floor, he knocked over my sign too.

Forgot your password?