Anybody else picked up ARK?

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
wat

we just started as newbies, forming 2 testie tribes on our server, one in the north, one in the south

pvp is possible, but we have more problems with dino's atm, than with other players
2 tribes huh? Who wants to recruit me? I will be accepting bribes, so don't be shy!

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I once made a remote-controlled flying bomber (aircraft was powered by Red Frame, and the controls were done via ComputerCraft) that was armed with nuclear explosives in Minecraft. There isn't a lot to the vanilla game, but with mods it has a whole lot to it. Mystcraft was a fun mod too with the ability to create new pocket worlds and shape them how you want.
The best thing about mystcraft was stockpiling decay blocks and judiciously deploying them as weapons of mass destruction on some butthead's world.

Audax Phidippus

Captain
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Audax_Phidippus
I just picked it up yesterday - have successfully been eated by many dinos, and punched a few trees.
Will definitely be trying out this TEST server shortly.. though it would be cool if we could tribe up in a public server, and spread our nonsense to the masses.

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
I just picked it up yesterday - have successfully been eated by many dinos, and punched a few trees.
Will definitely be trying out this TEST server shortly.. though it would be cool if we could tribe up in a public server, and spread our nonsense to the masses.
We just merged our 2 tribes on the TEST server you should join us :)
You can also make your own tribe or be alone all something i have done. But yeah i would love to try and take over a server and recruit people to SC or kill them.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
so we finally mergerd. now we have to build a castle in the middle of the isle.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
How about a castle from one side of an ravine to the other?

Or on top of an volcano if there is one XD
XD (haven't explored the map yet)

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
175.1 online

Audax Phidippus

Captain
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Audax_Phidippus
Gah - my computer hates this game. I crash every half hour or so.
We just merged our 2 tribes on the TEST server you should join us :)
You can also make your own tribe or be alone all something i have done. But yeah i would love to try and take over a server and recruit people to SC or kill them.
Im on the TEST server presently.. happy to join up with the official tribe, and contribute to whatever communal effort is going on. I assume I need an invite?

Also, anyway we can get the PW changed to something with no punctuation? On the main game server list, I can find the TEST server - after I created a character there - but cannot log in from there, because of the PW. Would eliminate having to use the link. Just a suggestion for laziness.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
so we finally mergerd. now we have to build a castle in the middle of the isle.
I thought you guys split the tribe, and ran off with the Rex (still LOLing about that, btw). Now we've merged again? I'm SO confused :(

I think I'll just chill out down south.

HOME ON THE ARK

Oh, give me a home where the Triceratops roam
Where the Dilo and the Dodo birds play;
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the sky is not cloudy all day.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
In a little over a week I will be home.. and then I can tame dino's and have TEST fun with all of you.

Wait... is there alcohol yet in this game? Can I eat trippie mushrooms that have grew from the droppings of a T-Rex?

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
I thought you guys split the tribe, and ran off with the Rex (still LOLing about that, btw). Now we've merged again? I'm SO confused :(

I think I'll just chill out down south.

HOME ON THE ARK

Oh, give me a home where the Triceratops roam
Where the Dilo and the Dodo birds play;
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the sky is not cloudy all day.
Well we merged and shive ran off with hohos. :/ how did he manage to keep the rex? thought it was tribe owned not player owned

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
If dinos don't attack their owners, then my first guess would be to knock it out, leave the tribe, and re-tame it over several hours. I would also SPECULATE possibly using server admin command such as admincheat forcetame (not cheating imo, since one could "roleplay" the transfer of a dino if it is on "follow" mode). Ultimately, I don't know, but I'm sure it is just a matter of time until we find out.

Although all things being equal, if admin commands ARE being used to enable roleplaying above & beyond the game's mechanics, then the playing field should be opened up to include other uses along with a sort of petition and review/approval process for other roleplaying opportunities. I don't know if our kind host can devote their valuable time to this kind of micro-management, but perhaps this is what GM's are for.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?