Anyone trying to be more active?

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Police officer? I'd let you know that this grass is for.. the fresh ambient touch of my apartment.
Nice day to you too officer

Reactions: Harkuno

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
For y'all looking to get fit and have a bench/can get a bench and have a pair of dumbells, here you go, hits every muscle group in the body.

Note: I personally find weightlifting/training to be very relaxing. I just need to clean my weight room again :D If anyone does end up using this, lemme know, I wanna see how well it works for yah, it works very well for me.

Reactions: SeungRyul

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I'm a carbo-holic and bought a SodaStream. I use the sugar-free Mio / Dasani Drops or whatever. Not that that shit is any better for you, but at least you can control what you put in it.
That's great (also have sodastream) the best thing is you can control the carbonation and I like mine extra fizzy! Got hooked on seltzer water while doing homestay in Germany XD

Kapital_Kong

Space Marshal
Apr 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Kapital_Kong
I do an hour workout each day I start off with a 30 minute walk for my dog = warm up then once I get home I do continuous shuttle runs for 15 minutes non stop. Break for a minute then start 2 minutes continuous shuttle runs again, then 20 squats with a 20kg bar, 20 push ups, 20 lunges, 30 sit ups, and then plank for one minute. I do that process x3 until I do a 5-10 minute cooldown. It's bloody hardwork, but you feel fit as a brick later on though after the workout don't be planning on moving anywhere because you'll be a potato

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
For y'all looking to get fit and have a bench/can get a bench and have a pair of dumbells, here you go, hits every muscle group in the body.

Note: I personally find weightlifting/training to be very relaxing. I just need to clean my weight room again :D If anyone does end up using this, lemme know, I wanna see how well it works for yah, it works very well for me.
Not to sound like a dick, but I wouldn't recommend that routine to anybody. It's a mess. You're running some random bro-split with an absurd amount of volume for no real reason. You may feel tired but you could be making much more progress on an already developed routine. You're just working your body to death by trying to fit every possible exercise you found on bodybuilding.com into one day. You don't need 50 variations of a curl. 21's are not a real exercise. Ignore any broscience that says they're beneficial...you're just fatiguing yourself.

Get rid of the random stupid shit and get on a real developed program.

If you're looking to get to the gym 6 days a week, run a PPL program. PPLPPLR.

PULL

Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)

3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups

3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows

5x15-20 face pulls

4x8-12 hammer curls

4x8-12 dumbbell curls

PUSH

4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)

3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)

3x8-12 incline dumbbell press

3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

LEGS

2x5, 1x5+ squat

3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift

3x8-12 leg press

3x8-12 leg curls

5x8-12 calf raises

Reactions: SeungRyul and TypeO

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
@Egriz
I've made faster progress off of this than anything I've ever done, including things exceptionally similar to what you posted (You essentially posted my old 6-day). May be a mess, but it works, least for me. Plus, like I said, I enjoy it, it's relaxing, so that's the big part. A note to also add that this is high volume, medium-low weight. The entire goal is volume, probably should have mentioned that.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
@Egriz
I've made faster progress off of this than anything I've ever done, including things exceptionally similar to what you posted (You essentially posted my old 6-day). May be a mess, but it works, least for me. Plus, like I said, I enjoy it, it's relaxing, so that's the big part. A note to also add that this is high volume, medium-low weight. The entire goal is volume, probably should have mentioned that.
Hey..if it works for you, go for it. I just wouldn't try to throw a complete newbie onto something like that.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Hey..if it works for you, go for it. I just wouldn't try to throw a complete newbie onto something like that.
Eh, that's why I said "If anyone tries." I should have phrased things better I guess in my initial. Your's would easily be better for folks starting out (And probably take a lot less time too :D )

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
and @Hero9012

If you want to easily switch from soda, just try carbonated water (you may hate it at first but you may grow to like it better!)

Seltzer water is okay. I can taste the difference between it and club soda, and prefer club soda to it. I actually really like tonic water, although it almost has as many calories as a cola does. I have been drinking a lot of still water along with various teas and have really cut into my normal soda intake. I almost had a stount G&T tonight, but instead decided on a single RC cola with my Thai food for dinner.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Get ready to get inspired guys.

Work out:
Upper body days: french fries and mayonnaise
Leg days: sitting up and down in my comfortable leather ikea chair.
Cardio (5 to 7 times a week): walking to the fridge, getting grosseries from the car (its an apartment, a lot of stairs), walking to the car.

The result speaks for itself. (i can provide a full program upon request for a small price of a burger or a milkshake)

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt

Work out:
Cardio (5 to 7 times a week): walking to the fridge, getting grosseries from the car (its an apartment, a lot of stairs), walking to the car.

The result speaks for itself. (i can provide a full program upon request for a small price of a burger or a milkshake)
You have way less gut than me. I might have to give your workout a go.

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno

Work out:

I could probably add a good arm shoulders / upper body workout to that...

:D

edit: i am dumb, those are not arms :)

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger

Work out:
Leg days: sitting up and down in my comfortable leather ikea chair

I like this one, but have had to modify it to fit my personal needs:
Work out:
Upper body days: Bacon, french fries and mayonnaise
Leg days: sitting up and down in my comfortable leather ikea chair with a big plate of bacon, french fries and mayonnaise
Cardio (5 to 7 times a week): walking to the fridge, getting a big plate of bacon, french fries and mayonnaise, and getting someone to get the groceries from the car (its an apartment, and I can't get my scooter up and down a lot of stairs), walking to the scooter to get to the car.
I think this is working well for me, because almost everyday I get these crushing pains in my chest and my heart starts beating really fast, and you know what they say, "no pain, no gain"

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
I'm still working on this. Sadly, with work I have a lot going on right now. But vacation is coming up and I will get this started!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I like to do stuff and things. I run. A lot. And sprints. I'm a big fan of high intensity workouts. 100 Burpees for time. Today was 100 tire flips, 150 Kettle Bell swings, 200 Medicine ball slams, for time. Stuff like that.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
3pounds down since last friday. Not bad considering I still don't eat very well. Lunches are hella better than what I have been having since I have to pack a lunch for Aviation-tech training. Here's to losing 80lbs or reaching size 38 pants (at waist) and XLT shirts in 3 years or so, since that's how long my training is going to take.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I like to do stuff and things. I run. A lot. And sprints. I'm a big fan of high intensity workouts. 100 Burpees for time. Today was 100 tire flips, 150 Kettle Bell swings, 200 Medicine ball slams, for time. Stuff like that.
The mere thought of 100 burpees makes my knees ache, to say nothing of the rest of me. I think by the time I reached 30, I'd maybe get a centimeter off the ground.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The mere thought of 100 burpees makes my knees ache, to say nothing of the rest of me. I think by the time I reached 30, I'd maybe get a centimeter off the ground.
Haha, that's how I feel every goddamned time I do it. Yet, I keep doing it . . .
over
and over
and over

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Shifting balance for my life, for the better. Prior to this, I was so focused on powerlifting. I was strong, but out of shape and looked like shit.
What good is being able to deadlift 500+ if you can't even go up a couple flights of stairs without being out of breath? Had a bit of a wake-up after injuring my hip twice in a row...

So I've shifted into a much better balanced plan. Basically it's a three-fold plan, that will hopefully lead to a better and balanced life.

Yoga, Resistance Training, and Cardio.

Yoga's primary function is flexibility and balance. Resistance/weight training is for strength and muscle development, and cardio is for cardio/heart/lung health.

For Yoga, we have started with the 'Yoga With Adrienne' Youtube channel. She has a beginner "30 day challenge" that we are partway through. There's also a newer 30 day challenge that we will do after.

Resistance training: We're doing a dumbbell PPL split. We have an okay apartment complex gym that offers enough equipment for now. So this'll be fine for muscle development. I'm not super concerned with any powerlifting setup or having the best strength gains possible. Been down that road, just taking things easy.

For Cardio...we haven't really done anything. Sorta our weak point here. We're thinking of starting the "C25k" program and work our way up from that. No interest in being long-distance runners, just want to be in good cardiovascular health.

Forgot your password?