ARGH !! RELEASE THE CARRACK !

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
WikiP says : A carrack was a three- or four-masted sailing ship developed in the 15th century by the Genoese for use in commerce. They were widely used by Europe's 15th-century maritime powers, from the Mediterranean to northwest Europe, although each region had models of slightly different design

I will use this thread to add all CARRACK information I can gather and find, since we all love the Carrack.

"Why are Carrack's so cool ?", asked the lowly drunken pirates of TEST
"They just ARGH!" Said another in reply.

Original Pledge page found here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/carrack/Carrack

RSI SAYS : The Anvil Carrack features reinforced fuel tanks for long-duration flight, an advanced jump drive, and a dedicated computer core for jump charting operations. Originally a military exclusive, the Carrack is now available for civilian use. On-board accommodations include crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite.

If you over over additional Equipment, you see two entries, a Rover and a Scout ship.

The original Transmission page was here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14323-Into-The-Unknown-A-Carrack-Her-Crew
It also features the Carrack Exploration game which if you complete will assign you a badge.

RSI Says : Boldly go: the Anvil Carrack has been the vanguard of every UEEexploration effort in recent years. Featuring reinforced fuel tanks for long-duration flight, a highly advanced jump drive array and a dedicated computer core room that allows it to put the maximum processing power into jump charting operations. Originally a military exclusive, the Carrack is now available for civilian use as a pathfinder spacecraft. The ship features on-board accommodations to allow for truly self-sufficient flight, including crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite capable of always charting a route home!

At a 123M Long and 25M high, the Carrack is one of the largest ship you can pledge for.

WikiP says the stats are as follows:
Statistics

• Max crew of six
  • No cargo capacity (Modular bays can swap in cargo 1,440 Freight Units each, ×3)
  • Fully equipped with a medical and repair bay, map room and sensor suite
  • Tarsus Tunneler jump engine and dedicated computer core for jump charting
  • Ship carries three docking collars
  • Garage for an Ursa-class rover
  • Includes a Pisces-class skiff/scout ship (designed redacted)
  • $350 USD initial sale price
Personally, i debate that it obviously has cargo OTHER than the modular freight bays.

Macallen from Reddit :
The Carrack is the volume equivalent of several Aquilas (GHG did a great video on it). To rate the 4 exploration vessels, by role:

1. 315p - Short range, designed as a support craft for other vessels. For example, and Idris can carry 315p's and explore the surrounding area with great thoroughness.
  2. DUR - Mid range, designed for mining surveys, short system hops, 1-2 folks working together. This is what you use when you're looking for minerals or salvage.
  3. Aquila - Long range. Better sensors, fuel, and range. Designed to find worm holes, systems, and everything else.
  4. Carrack - Extreme range. Think the USS Enterprise's role, deep space, go out there alone, find anything, defend itself effectively, etc. For example, the Carrack can find anything the Aquila can, but then carries a science pod half the size of the Aquila, dedicated to analyzing the data it found. It can land on the planet and deploy it's rover, like the Aquila, but carry a Geo-pod half the size of the Aquila and analyze all of the planetary data. The Carrack is the super Aquila.

5. The picture above is NOT a confirmed picture of the Carrack, just someone's idea of what it should be.
To give you an idea how MASSIVE this enterprise-like explorer ship is :

QUESTIONS/CONCERNS:

"Can you go into detail about what separates the Endeavor from the Carrack as far as exploration is concerned? Why would I use one instead of the other, and vice versa?"

The Carrack is a dedicated explorer, built as a single, self-sustaining ship that can make long-duration voyages through the roughest areas of space. It’s designed specifically for transiting jump points, dealing with terrible conditions in space and getting back home to tell the tale.

The Endeavor’s Explorer cab is more of an addon, something that can be separated and used should the need for exploration arise… but it lacks the range, the powerplant and room for addon equipment, the defensive systems and other elements that make the Carrack a tough, stand-alone ship.

MISCONCEPTIONS:

The carrack has a full sized repair bay

"The Anvil Carrack features reinforced fuel tanks for long-duration flight, an advanced jump drive, and a dedicated computer core for jump charting operations. Originally a military exclusive, the Carrack is now available for civilian use. On-board accommodations include crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite."

It isn't said that it has a repair bay, it has repair facilities.
Facility may refer to:
- An installation, contrivance, or other things which facilitates something; a place for doing something: EMPHASIS on PLACE like, a spot on your desk.

**Reserved SPACE*

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Does Black Sunder need to show you how to do this? Because I can ask him. He owes me a favor.

Black what are you doing here?

Posting on your account. This Az guy needs some help. Can you help him?

Sunder can I do it tomorrow? It takes time to look through all those dev comments.

I guess. Call it The Carrack Mega Info Dump!

Good idea! I'll also make sure to not solicit comments!

Last edited:

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Does Black Sunder need to show you how to do this? Because I can ask him. He owes me a favor.

Black what are you doing here?

Posting on your account. This Az guy needs some help. Can you help him?

Sunder can I do it tomorrow? It takes time to look through all those dev comments.

I guess. Call it The Carrack Mega Info Dump!

Good idea! I'll also make sure to not solicit comments!
That'd be cool, sure, youre great at this stuff. I will just do the basic start then...

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Man, this ship looks awesome... no way in hell I can afford it. I am going to be drooling if they release it before I can get money to buy it in-game; hopefully I become independently wealthy by that point. Thanks for the awesome info.
I just paid my 6 months of insurance on my 2015 CRV. It cost as much as a Carrack...

Although I am hoping on saving up for the Carrack as well as a Starfarer G. I really should stop, but I might melt my Khartu-al to help pay for it. I'm severely disappointed it only has 2 S3 guns. I can handle the single seater, but I wanted a fighter.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Ahh shes a beauty all right.

One thing about it though, the bridge area. I'm not so sure I like the suspended seat thing.

I was hoping for a bridge like the USS Enterprise actually. Top deck jutting out with the standard 3 seats with sit down stations and a command chair.

After the Connie was redesigned for functionality (compartments) I could see them compartmenting up the Carrack too.

Maybe they will give us the option of a regular bridge vs the suspended bridge? I don't know. Minor stuff at this point but I can hope.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Ahh shes a beauty all right.

One thing about it though, the bridge area. I'm not so sure I like the suspended seat thing.

I was hoping for a bridge like the USS Enterprise actually. Top deck jutting out with the standard 3 seats with sit down stations and a command chair.

After the Connie was redesigned for functionality (compartments) I could see them compartmenting up the Carrack too.

Maybe they will give us the option of a regular bridge vs the suspended bridge? I don't know. Minor stuff at this point but I can hope.
Yeah when they get to the Carrack, I bet it's going to be sooo exciting !

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I can't wait to actually read all this info. Is it weird I read the comments before the post?

Forgot your password?