ARGH !! RELEASE THE CARRACK !

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
No valuable contribution here- just jumping on the Carrack hype train, CHOO CHOO!

But seriously, this is the sexy beast that got me in to larger ships. So damn cool. And I'm really interested in the snub-fighter; for some theory crafting, what if the parasite ship could fly through small points itself- not go very far mind you, and with the Carrack on the immediate other side, but it would be like a little fishing line cast in to the deep. Map with the Carrack's computers, send the snub through to check, come back and give the all clear to allies in other ships near you!
I have asked this exact question in the forum for Ten for the Chairman. No answer last week, so hopefully CR bites this week.

My point was that the Carrack is a dedicated exploration ship. It doesn't make sense to not be able to send something through small jump points. Hence the snub should definitely have a jump drive.

WhooptyWoo

Admiral
Donor
Jul 18, 2014
RSI Handle
WhooptyWoo
Some people have stated they wish the snub would have a jump drive but no quantum drive.

I will be getting on as I love the idea of exploration, but don't want an Endeavor.
I has agreement. The endeavor does look pretty slick, but it seems way too fragile for deep space exploration.

I want to boldy go..

Reactions: Blind Owl

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Some people have stated they wish the snub would have a jump drive but no quantum drive.

I will be getting on as I love the idea of exploration, but don't want an Endeavor.
hmm... that could make sense. Its a scout ship, it's going to have some purpose for sure. I like the analogy of a fishing line, since it's called the Pisces after all, haha (this is OUR time of year too !)
So, about the Endeavor, I have the feeling the Endeavor is more of a Science exploration vessle instead of like the Carrack which i feel goes to the places it is exploring. I think the Endeavor sits back and scans space though I think its so modular who knows what it can really do too..

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
Anyone else think the pisces scout ship should be able to do some light underwater exploration given its name? Also, what do you think the pisces should look like? I'm hoping for more of a star-trek runabout look (and functionality) as opposed to a snub fighter.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Wait, when did the Carrack scout get a name?
Or have I not been paying attention again? Dammit me.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Wait, when did the Carrack scout get a name?
Or have I not been paying attention again? Dammit me.
It's been called the Pisces, been a few months now, I still had one account not banned from RSI at the time. I should know, I was first to create some thread that got me banned on the new ship section of the forums/

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I can't wait to actually read all this info. Is it weird I read the comments before the post?
Nah, did this either. Post is way too much to read. You can anticipate the content by reading the answers :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It's been called the Pisces, been a few months now, I still had one account not banned from RSI at the time. I should know, I was first to create some thread that got me banned on the new ship section of the forums/
Lol, how the hell did you get yourself banned?
Nah, did this either. Post is way too much to read. You can anticipate the content by reading the answers :D
This is precisely what I did to your introduction thread last night. Haha

Reactions: AstroSam

Farayear

Captain
May 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Farayear
They should start releasing the in-hangar models, even in the interior isn't done, just make it so we can't go in. Just something.
I'm jonesing man!

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
They should start releasing the in-hangar models, even in the interior isn't done, just make it so we can't go in. Just something.
I'm jonesing man!
I've thought about that too, a million times, but they have a "pipeline" way of doing it like some old narsty plumber with his ass showing.

Forgot your password?