Argo Mole - New pic added

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Wonder if they will adjust the Prospector storage space in regards to the Mole- even previously (regarding the Vulture with its gargantuan 12 SCU of scrap storage) that they would consider adjusting the saddlebag storage if it was too large compared to other industry ships.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
CIG has announced that Argo has a ship called the Mole. Now for a long time now I've been hoping for a 2-3 man mining ship the size of a connie and that may be coming true now. Supposed to be up for sale at CitCon and in game in December.

More info here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-8-ship/2530633

Our war against The Great Asteroid Menace(TGAM) may be going to the next level.

- EDIT-

I really like the look of this ship.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Just to give context, the forward mining laser and cockpit for it are on the lowest part of the front below the cockpit directly. The other 2 are 1 each under the large orange panels that have the '08' stamped on them. They lift up so the lasers and operators can be deployed.

You'll note too the cockpit for piloting the ship is not the same as the one to use the forward laser. Whether or not they integrate if only the pilot is present remains to be seen.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
A few predictions for Wednesday's reveal

1. It has a small cargo hold for ship supplies and or FPS boxes of gems
2. A better filter system than the Prospector to extend the inherent 2x Prospector cargo capacity
3. A rear ramp for entrance and exit(this is more of a desire)

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/e0mt5q/_/f8natnk View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/e0mt5q/the_argo_mole/f8natnk/

"the pilot cannot operate any of the mining lasers on the Mole, the ship is definitely focused on multi-crew mining.
you could use the Mole solo, but that would involve moving the ship to the right spot, then getting out of the pilot seat and running to one of the mining turrets to use that, but doing this will make me upset.
This is the intended trade-off between the Prospector and the Mole. The Prospector is much easier to use for a single player, while the Mole can (potentially) mine an area three times as fast and carry twice the raw materials, but requires good coordination between the pilot and the three mining cabs."

Soooooo 3 Players + Pilot in a Mole = 2x Prospector cargo space with 3 lasers
4 Players each in a Prospector = 2x Mole cargo space with 4 lasers
Yeah it's 4 ships vs 1 but hmmmmm

🤔

I guess at least you can have people (like me) who don't wanna own a mining ship (because I think it's frankly boring) but might wanna pitch in and help out at times without much of a financial investment.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
It is a nice looking ship, but logically you are unlikely to move it whilst mining so the pilot having no mining controls is just usual CIG stupid. It doesn't seem worthwhile if I have the prospector and orion already, and because of the first point no point upgrading the prospector to it.

Oh and its likely to cost around $280 based on the mid sized medical ship, So not cheap for a slightly better prospector.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I've been a doing mining in WoW since I started playing that game. What I loved most about that was being able to snag free resources to use or sell later while I was already on my way to doing something else. So I'm getting the feeling that more than likely I'll do most of my mining on foot while doing various other exploration tasks, but when I get in a mining / fishing sort of mood I'll probably have a Prospector stashed away in a hangar somewhere for that as well.

IF it would be allowed by CIG (which I doubt that it would), I wonder how many Orions it would take to shatter & mine a small moon for its resources. Just a bit of mental fuel for mining thoughts.

Mushin

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Naelobo
They have to throw a separate event to make more money duh!!!! Its a good looking ship and I can see the value in being able to loiter longer, even with more crew.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
Doesnt make sense to me that that thing cant refine even a little bit.
Even tho it holds twice as much as a prospector I think I will stick to my original plan to have my second account nearby with a ship to hold what my prospector mines. Then use that ship to ferry it to a refinery for sale or whatever.

• o7

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Unfortunately sorting waste would be really useful so yeah its not going to happen! They would be screaming refining if it could do it.

• o7

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Unfortunately sorting waste would be really useful so yeah its not going to happen! They would be screaming refining if it could do it.
The Prospector in the future will have a filter to screen out most of the inert material so.....why wouldn't a larger ship?

• o7
Forgot your password?