Argo Mole - New pic added

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I have not seen anything from CIG saying this is a possibility.
Is the ore filtering the same refining technique that the Orion has, or just a first reduction step to do a coarse removal of useless rock?

The Prospector will only be removing things like useless rock, the processing equipment on the Orion is much more advanced.
From here:

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
From here:

All besides the Q&A is flavor text. And the Q&A is subject to interpretation, especially when compared to the current implementation that hasn't change even with the introduction of FPS mining. I understand that everyone is upset over the inert material filling up the small space and not understanding why it can't be ejected. But I have a feeling it's part of the ore grade and not necessarily separate from the rock retrieved which would carry over to refining. Which would be impacted in the refine time per unit of ore would favor refining higher concentration ore for hire yield then lower grade ore per unit of time.

I guess its just a long way of saying that I do not see them allowing us to eject the inert material as its part of the retrieved ore and part of the overall mining gameplay.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
All besides the Q&A is flavor text. And the Q&A is subject to interpretation, especially when compared to the current implementation that hasn't change even with the introduction of FPS mining. I understand that everyone is upset over the inert material filling up the small space and not understanding why it can't be ejected. But I have a feeling it's part of the ore grade and not necessarily separate from the rock retrieved which would carry over to refining. Which would be impacted in the refine time per unit of ore would favor refining higher concentration ore for hire yield then lower grade ore per unit of time.

I guess its just a long way of saying that I do not see them allowing us to eject the inert material as its part of the retrieved ore and part of the overall mining gameplay.
I hope you're wrong man, if you're right and they don't tweak what can be made from mining what you get despite the inert material then it won't really be worth doing.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I hope you're wrong man, if you're right and they don't tweak what can be made from mining what you get despite the inert material then it won't really be worth doing.
Not necessarily. We already are seeing large variations of percent ore from rock to rock and even within the chunks of rock once split apart. It also plays into the whole dynamic of the Prospector being small and nimble and thus able to find the rich ore deposits while ships like the Orion are all about volume over quality. (I honestly hope the Orion has a way for the Prospector to dock and transfer ore).

WIth the prospector and I imagine the Mole its not about gobbling up every rock you see but searching out and being choosy about which rock you collect. Still, think they need a way to eject ore so that if you found an ok rock and collect it then turn around and find a better one you can collect that one instead. The other change would be to the whole idea of inert material instead if they stay with the current gameplay should just list the ore and its percent instead of separating the two in the cargo screen.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Ship is definitely constellation sized.

Cockpit has a co-pilot seat which means the crew size is a minimum of 4 and a max of at least 5 but more likely 6 if there is another terminal station internally for some other job(engineering, ore sorting, etc).

Front engine assembly is obviously for VTOL as seen in the pic. Large orange panels on the side hide and protect the 2 side laser stations when not in use and swing up for use and visibility. Default laser direction seems to be forward.

Last edited:

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
If we assume that the orion is space mining only, then presumably this ends up being the biggest ground miner? Supposedly there is a vehicle miner coming as well but that seems more likely to be prospector sized. Its mining capacity bugs me but heh better than the Vulcan.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Four crew drinking... One flys while the other three are trying to use the mining lazers?

Sounds like the making of a bar fight to me.
70s rock echoing through the ship, a beer keg on the bridge and 4 semi drunken ass TESTies trying to break up some rocks.

If it has a built in refinery I'm sold, if it's a multi-crew prospector with no advantages above that I'll be on the fence.

Forgot your password?