Black_Sunder
A reminder about Sunday's meeting.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Now that I think more about it, if I have limited play time and when I come on to find someone talking about taking out their mole, I think I'd be more inclined to try to join them then haul my prospector out on some occasions. Being crew at times might be more relaxing.
Exactly man.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Now that I think more about it, if I have limited play time and when I come on to find someone talking about taking out their mole, I think I'd be more inclined to try to join them then haul my prospector out on some occasions. Being crew at times might be more relaxing.
It takes alot of responsibility off a player when they don't have to pilot a ship.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I suspect it will be in the 250 range or so. That said, I also expect a change in the way we mine once they introduce refineries.

right now, we mine metals or other goods, and deal with “inert material”

I suspect we will end up mining ores (of various quality) that we can sell to refineries, who then sell or produce the metals.

the filter would then start functioning on ships like the prospector, filtering out the inert materials, and leaving only ores. It might even be able to filter out any low or medium grade ores, but I really doubt that,

those ores will then go to refineries, where based on the quality of the ore, a certain percentage of metal can be refined from that ore, for example, a high grade metal ore might yield 50 percent by SCU, while a low grade might top out at 10. If the refiner makes a mistake, they could lose some, or all of the production, with high cost ores being more difficult to refine,

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I suspect it will be in the 250 range or so. That said, I also expect a change in the way we mine once they introduce refineries.

right now, we mine metals or other goods, and deal with “inert material”

I suspect we will end up mining ores (of various quality) that we can sell to refineries, who then sell or produce the metals.

the filter would then start functioning on ships like the prospector, filtering out the inert materials, and leaving only ores. It might even be able to filter out any low or medium grade ores, but I really doubt that,

those ores will then go to refineries, where based on the quality of the ore, a certain percentage of metal can be refined from that ore, for example, a high grade metal ore might yield 50 percent by SCU, while a low grade might top out at 10. If the refiner makes a mistake, they could lose some, or all of the production, with high cost ores being more difficult to refine,
I agree with this. When we can become more omnivorous about mining and less picky it'll be a move in the right direction.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
vehicle_DescARGO_Mole=Manufacturer: Argo Astronautics\nFocus: Mining\n\nARGO’s iconic multi-operator laser extractor, more commonly referred to as the MOLE, lets you work faster and more effectively than ever before, thanks to its patented trilateral mining system. Three independently controlled articulated extraction stations allow for maximum power and near-limitless versatility. The MOLE lives by the adage "many hands make for light work".

vehicle_DescARGO_Mole_Carbon=Manufacturer: Argo Astronautics\nFocus: Mining\n\nARGO’s iconic multi-operator laser extractor, more commonly referred to as the MOLE, lets you work faster and more effectively than ever before, thanks to its patented trilateral mining system. Three independently controlled articulated extraction stations allow for maximum power and near-limitless versatility. The Carbon Edition offers the MOLE's revered mining ability with a distinctive all-black finish.

vehicle_DescARGO_Mole_Talus=Manufacturer: Argo Astronautics\nFocus: Mining\n\nARGO’s iconic multi-operator laser extractor, more commonly referred to as the MOLE, lets you work faster and more effectively than ever before, thanks to its patented trilateral mining system. Three independently controlled articulated extraction stations allow for maximum power and near-limitless versatility. The MOLE Talus Edition boasts the same mining proficiency as the standard ship along with a more discreet gray skin.\n
Looks like 3 versions of the Mole. Nothing technically different but skinned versions. What do you guys think? Base Orange, Carbon Black, or Talus Gray?

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
I love the idea of CIG giving us options with skins and colorways when purchasing. At least while they don't have the ship customization in-game. But I really don't want skins to become something that we have to buy like Elite Dangerous. So long as I can get whatever Mole I want now, and change the colors later with UEC I love the idea.

Forgot your password?