Behold the Vanguard

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Looks cool. Not 250 dollars cool imo. Interested to see

a) what the weapons load out is (looks like 3 pilot controlled cannons + the turret and missiles) which, depending on size could actually make it less well armed per "unit" than a Hornet.

B) engine size/speed.

C) modularity. seems to be the new buzzword for a ship, but I'm ATV they said it was gonna be pretty modular.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Mmmm, de Havilland Venom... Saab 21R was another twin-boom jet fighter of similar configuration:

I love the aesthetics of twin-boom planes, so my Cutlass Blue is almost certainly getting melted. With an Avenger and Redeemer already in the hangar (and plans to get a Retaliator once in the PU as my first 'earned' ship), I think I'm rapidly becoming an Aegis fanboi.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
So, I have a somewhat dastardly plan. I'm melting my retaliator and buying an LTI vanguard. Why? Because when the 'tali CCU comes out, I will CCU my LTI vanguard up and have an LTI 'tali. If I really really like it, I'll buy one in-game.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
So, I have a somewhat dastardly plan. I'm melting my retaliator and buying an LTI vanguard. Why? Because when the 'tali CCU comes out, I will CCU my LTI vanguard up and have an LTI 'tali. If I really really like it, I'll buy one in-game.
On a note related to LTI- cross chassis shenanigans, I believe on ATV or RTV yesterday, CIG confirmed that the Reliant (3rd starter ship) will have an LTI Concept sale, and will move to hangar (and flight) ready faster than other ships.

Which means that LTI CCUs for EVERYONE BUHAHAHAHA.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Yeah.
But this way, I can have my LTI ship ready NOW.
You know, priorities. I'm totally going to buy a reliant for CCU-fodder to get an LTI Cutlass as my er'ryday ship, though.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
CAN to US exchange+fee is a killer if I wanted to purchase a Vanguard outright and not use store credits, 250 bucks would translate to about 327 bucks give or take bad maths and todays exchange rate :eek:

Unless this thing has more armor than a battleship while getting fuel mileage of a motorcycle, I will be passing on this or killing off my retaliator

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
It is actually for sale now. Still not going to buy it till PU. From what I can tell at first glance, you are paying for a size 5 gun mount on the nose, and 2 TR4 engines. I still like the look of it but do not see anything worth the high sticker price. Feel free to call me a half-wit.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Begin the four phases:

Phase 1: OH MY GOD! I must have it!

Phase 2: Hmm, let me sleep on it

Phase 3: The sale is all week long, I have time...

Phase 4: Shit.. sale is over, I should have bought it!

Forgot your password?