Bored Games

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I may have to look further into this.
Don't do it! Base game is $400 and all expansions included is over $2k! I've got some crazy board games. I'll have to make a list.

Need to play them more. Anyone in Orange County, CA? Lol

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Is it just me that hates Catan with a passion? The resource acclimation is 100% random. I've gone games where I had no hope of winning because of that mechanic.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Pen and Paper games are considered a part of the tabletop genre, like board games. My favorite board game is still The Resistance but Shadowrun is by far my favorite tabletop game.
But we are talking about board games, not tabletop games.
Is it just me that hates Catan with a passion? The resource acclimation is 100% random. I've gone games where I had no hope of winning because of that mechanic.
Little bit of randomness is fun though! Keeps you on your toes.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Little bit of randomness is fun though! Keeps you on your toes
"Little bit" is fine, catan is pure randomness. I love games with a drafting pool of resources. Or ones that allow you to gamble for a chance of increased resources. But to make the entire game rely on the dice is just bad imo. I know a lot of people love it, but it never drew me in.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
"Little bit" is fine, catan is pure randomness. I love games with a drafting pool of resources. Or ones that allow you to gamble for a chance of increased resources. But to make the entire game rely on the dice is just bad imo. I know a lot of people love it, but it never drew me in.
Well, picking your starting locations is key to Catan. Its more probability than randomness, I suppose.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Space Hulk is also a pretty solid board game. Been awhile since I played it though.
I've wanted to play that. I hear Blackstone Fortress is amazing too. But I won't throw 40k into the conversation even though it's a tabletop game. 😁

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Maybe I should pile all of mine up and take a picture of the wall it would make. Ok it might not block and borders or keep out any Mongolians but it's my wall and I like it. I guess I'll just stick to a list that I enjoy playing.

Pandemic
Pandemic Legacy Season 1
Pandemic Legacy Season 2
Risk Legacy
Forbidden Island
Forbidden Desert
Munchkin (with the Cthulu and Adventure Time expansions and Zombies)
Tokaido
Battlestar Galactica
Coup
The Resistance
Level 7 Omega Protocol
Twilight Struggle
King of Tokyo
We Didn't Playtest This At All
Sheriff of Nottingham
Stone Age
Carcassonne
Settlers of Catan

I guess that would be my list of favorites but I have several more that I like, but I at least own most of those above.

Forgot your password?