Boxing Day Sale

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
So, we're just a few days out from the boxing day sale and Im sure many of you, like me have a shortlist of ships.

But how do we all actually feel about dropping the dough?

now, I should say Im not among the citizens who believe the whole 'if funding stops tomorrow we can still finish' statement, nor do I believe there is a big cash reserve still on hand. I consider it a duty to myself to stay informed on both sides of anything, especially where I have personal involvement - I don't do dogma, I do data.

This means I try to avoid stirring up trouble as far as possible but I ask questions when I have concerns and try to keep an open minded and realistic outlook as best I can. Naturally, this means I read all the stuff from he who shall not be named, I keep up with the sceptics on reddit etc.

Now I find myself a little [Concerned] ahead of the sale due to the number of entries and claims of payout in the refund threads.

I dont mind supporting the game but the idea that much of the initial money will now be spent, the game still has a long way to go - and now my donations may be used to pay back other backers instead of funding the project, leaving long term and committed backers like us holding the bill entirely if the game fails to ship...well that sets the 'bad decision imminent' alarm off in my brainbox.

even more so knowing backers like us could be paying back other backers during a period of uncertainty only for those same refunded backers to buy in again for much, much less once the risk passes and the game has shipped.

what do you guys think about all this? Anyone else hesitant to pull the money trigger? Or is it now more than ever important to rally round the project? What are you buying? Id love to hear it all.
Where can this info be found about the "the number of entries and claims of payout in the refund threads"?

BenjiMac

Commander
Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
macFionnlagh
Where can this info be found about the "the number of entries and claims of payout in the refund threads"?
Morning Sam,

Here:- https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/

Each thread is titled 'X gets a Refund', last was 2 days ago.

I'm still a little concerned about money leaving my pocket to buy out other backers rather than fund development itself but 2.6 at least makes me feel able to spend again.

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I see, thank you. Currently I'm having no opinion on those guys. But nevertheless, there is growing a slight understanding for their aim to get refunds; at least since the disastrous holiday stream. Looking to myself, I spended my money - almost 3k - because I believe in the project; I believe in Chris Roberts. I still do (until further notice, haha). And perhaps those guys, who whine and moan and asking for refunds, are somehow important for the development process; not only for Star Citizen but also and foremost for Sandi Gardiner and Chris Roberts and leading staff. For that they slowly become aware that there is not a thing like "when its done"; like limitless funds; like endless trust. For the sake of the whole project I hope that CIG will put their strategy to the test - not only once - and will deliver results on a reliable basis. I guess that 2017 will become the most important year, for CIG as well as for us backers who remain at Star Citizen, with our trust as well as our money.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Super Hornet bought.
Buccaneer not yet but I weaken with every minute.
CCUing my Gemini to a Carrack - there are many reasons not to, but I still kinda wanna.
Buy the CCU, but wait using it until the Carrack is released. In the meantime: have fun with your Gemini ;)
SuperHornet is my favorite. Having a Bucc in bb though. But I think it won't fit me because you really have to be a pro dogfighting pilot to be able to fly - and survive - in the Buccs' pilot seat.

Reactions: MikeNificent

BenjiMac

Commander
Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
macFionnlagh
Buy the CCU, but wait using it until the Carrack is released. In the meantime: have fun with your Gemini ;)
SuperHornet is my favorite. Having a Bucc in bb though. But I think it won't fit me because you really have to be a pro dogfighting pilot to be able to fly - and survive - in the Buccs' pilot seat.
True dat, amigo. Exactly why Im scared to buy one.I love how it looks, I love the idea of it but Im too terrible a pilot to utilise it.

BenjiMac

Commander
Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
macFionnlagh
I bought the Bucc. I am weak and hate myself.

BenjiMac

Commander
Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
macFionnlagh
Thinking about combining my Herald and Dragonfly into an F7C.
I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow.
good plan on taking a pause before acting but my two cents would be that the hornet is the ship thats given me the best experiences and most success of any in this alpha stage.

I like the idea of the Herald though and if info running sounds like your bag for bringing in the cheddar may be worth holding on as Id think its be a profession fairly easy to add in to the game and we may get it earlier than we think.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Wondering if I should buy my sabre back.....REEEEEEE
I actually melted my comet today. After getting my ass kicked around the PTU and Live in both arena commander and the PU over this last week, I just couldn't fly it anymore. When I learn how to fly, I'll consider buying it back. In the mean time, the SH will have to do.

I also melted a 315p, an 85x, and the Razor I never should have bought for the same reason I couldn't keep the Sabre. I used the proceeds to buy an Orion, another Dragonfly, and 4 months of subscription. Worth it to me for now. I'm sure I'll change my mind again.

The only thing I may still buy in a future sale or something is a solo hauler. I'm really not fond of the Hull-B, since it can't land on planets loaded. I'm also not fond of the price tag for the freelancer max. I really need to see what the cargo mechanics are going to look like before I spend more this time around.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I actually melted my comet today. After getting my ass kicked around the PTU and Live in both arena commander and the PU over this last week, I just couldn't fly it anymore. When I learn how to fly, I'll consider buying it back. In the mean time, the SH will have to do.

I also melted a 315p, an 85x, and the Razor I never should have bought for the same reason I couldn't keep the Sabre. I used the proceeds to buy an Orion, another Dragonfly, and 4 months of subscription. Worth it to me for now. I'm sure I'll change my mind again.

The only thing I may still buy in a future sale or something is a solo hauler. I'm really not fond of the Hull-B, since it can't land on planets loaded. I'm also not fond of the price tag for the freelancer max. I really need to see what the cargo mechanics are going to look like before I spend more this time around.
The 315P? You sure you don't wanna explore a little bit lateron?

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
good plan on taking a pause before acting but my two cents would be that the hornet is the ship thats given me the best experiences and most success of any in this alpha stage.
I like the idea of the Herald though and if info running sounds like your bag for bringing in the cheddar may be worth holding on as Id think its be a profession fairly easy to add in to the game and we may get it earlier than we think.
I somehow have an F7C as a loaner, but I have no idea what ship it replaces; all my fleet is already flyable (well, except for the Dragonfly). The F7C does really well with what content we have until this point, but combat is one of the aspects of the game that I'm least interested in, so I'll have to really think about it.
m really not fond of the Hull-B, since it can't land on planets loaded.
I'm pretty sure the Hull-A and Hull-B can land fully loaded. C+ can't.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Hull A and B have been said to be able to land planet side. The Hull A mounts is cargo horizontally, though the concept art shows the Hull B as having cargo on all four axis, which would make landing problematic. That being said, perhaps the concept art is off and it is only on three axis, the horizontal and the vertical upstrut. But they state that both can land planetside.

Forgot your password?