Boxing Day Sale

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
When I think of everything that still has to be included in the game...like, law levels, regular police patrolling, military units, all us blockheads flying around and either trying to be heroes or pirates...it is still way too early to decide on a particular ship or career.

Having said that, yeah, some ships survive longer in certain swarms and pirate combat. I'm still a little miffed about how the F7-CM handles and its speed, for me right now the Sabre is much better at combat. Still thinking of going back to a single seater F7.

BenjiMac

Commander
Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
macFionnlagh
the one constant is that people are either hornet or sabre advocates (they are the best ships for the game as it is, Im a hornet man myself), I suspect this will only change once range and operating cost become a true factor abd then the vanguard will be the weapon of choice I suspect.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
The 315P? You sure you don't wanna explore a little bit lateron?
Yes. I do. I can explore in my DUR or my phoenix. The only thing I will miss out on at this point is jump point scanning (maybe, depending on scanners in the DUR) and smaller JP navigation. Also, it's basically an entry level ship, which I can buy easily with in game creds when the game goes live.

Problem is, I have too many ships. I categorized my ships into 2 groups, with 4 sub groups. Basically, I said I want to fight, mine, explore, and haul. I needed ships to meet those requirements that are solo friendly and group friendly. That makes 8 total ships for the stuff I know I want to do, plus an aurora (TEST), a herald (too cool to pass on), and whatever other concepts between now and then I buy out of weakness.

I like the 315p, but it's a triage thing. If I bought a ship for every niche, I would have more ships than I will ever use.

As far as the hull b landing planetside, if that ends up being the case, I'll pick it up as a solo hauler. For now, I'll rely on my other, lower capacity ships as the mechanics become available.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
When I think of everything that still has to be included in the game...like, law levels, regular police patrolling, military units, all us blockheads flying around and either trying to be heroes or pirates...it is still way too early to decide on a particular ship or career.

Having said that, yeah, some ships survive longer in certain swarms and pirate combat. I'm still a little miffed about how the F7-CM handles and its speed, for me right now the Sabre is much better at combat. Still thinking of going back to a single seater F7.
Very true and why I went ahead and picked up a BMM and HULL E so I have ships for every type of work in Star Citizen.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I actually melted my comet today. After getting my ass kicked around the PTU and Live in both arena commander and the PU over this last week, I just couldn't fly it anymore. When I learn how to fly, I'll consider buying it back.
Aha, CIG finally removed the god-mode from the Sabre. Now finally I can dust it off and start flying with it :grin:
The Sabre was my 4th fighter, but I really didn't liked the god-mode, so I made a sport of it to outgun all Sabres with my Delta in VS.

Forgot your password?