Votes: 16 20.0%

• Total voters

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I don't blame em one bit. Too many people having ships without actually owning them. Trading, buying, converting and CIG doesn't get a cut of that action. It's business, we are taking up space on their servers, trading ships they made, at no cost to us. Doesn't make sense in the least. Not to mention the hoards of ships out there that may never be claimed. There very much are balancing metrics involved there. I've never had a problem with just buying a ship, and holding on to it, and maybe melting it if I decided I didn't want it. If you are worried about getting ships you can't afford your priorities are in the wrong place.
What??? :neutral_face:

To many people having ship without actually owning them????
-What are you talking about They don't own the ship they bought how you even think that is possible??
-That comment was not so well thought thru if they have the ship they own it, how can you have ship you do not own.. ??
-There does not exist any people that have ship they do not own!

we are taking up space on their servers????
-we are what ????
-what are you talking about?
-the info of the ship is code text even if you had like 100.000 ships in your web-hangar it wouldn't take up more than 10MB of code text

Not to mention the hoards of ships out there that may never be claimed???
-What??
-Again, what are you talking about??
-There is no hoard of unused ship anywhere
-It does not work like this/that, You are making no sense at all trust me on this,

-You just trying to be funny right, or you need to stop smoking what ever it is you are smoking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

-Not intended as a insult, but you are so wrong here it is of the chart.

CHEERS! :beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
I don't blame em one bit. Too many people having ships without actually owning them. Trading, buying, converting and CIG doesn't get a cut of that action. It's business, we are taking up space on their servers, trading ships they made, at no cost to us. Doesn't make sense in the least. Not to mention the hoards of ships out there that may never be claimed. There very much are balancing metrics involved there. I've never had a problem with just buying a ship, and holding on to it, and maybe melting it if I decided I didn't want it. If you are worried about getting ships you can't afford your priorities are in the wrong place.
Think about it like this. CIG was built on a promise nothing substantial. They were given $150 million interest free with almost no startup risk and no pressure to payback anyone and no one to be answerable to as to their timeline and development path.

CR built a company ground up that can rival other game developers. Using the crowd funding he can once Star citizen is running develop other games as well and profit from it. People having bought space pixels which they don't really own outright but are entitled to have some amount of flexibility with purchases they made for a game that does not exist yet. Buying selling trading etc helped in part promote Star Citizen. It has created a black market where at the moment Star Citizen assets have actual value in real world. They have got their fair share fo the cut many times over and then some.

Their success at crowd funding was also due to the flexibility they offered minimizing people buyers remorse should they conceptualize something better in future. So basically you won't feel bad that the 325a you purchased 3 years ago is worthless and can upgrade to a Gladius or Super Hornet if you wish. They stumbled upon a winning crowd funding formula as i do not believe they could have known it would be this successful.

So for them to start behaving like a Chinese MMO or a hospital bill and start charging hidden fees and small costs for a game that is at best alpha is so wrong. For them to then comment that its for ship balancing purposes (rather than stats I think they are referring to inventory) is pretty lame when they should just overhaul and redo the ccu system to prevent abuses rather than charge $5.

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
So firstly, to address those who are overly pedantic - I was referring to the buy-back tie ins with CCU of people owning CLAIMS to ships that are otherwise unavailable. The buy-back system being a big part of why the CCU system is being changed, imo. If you couldn't figure that out by my wording well, fuck you read harder.
Moving on, I don't feel people take into account how much has been spent so far. International studios, taxes in all those countries, taxes for all the employees and studios, salaries and benefits for those employees. The money lost to shitty agreements like with Ilfonic. Money being paid to the group making Spectrum. CIG probably needs an influx of funding. And if I were them, I wouldn't want to panic people with outright saying "Hey we need money" so they are trying to find ways to alleviate financial stress without signing themselves away to a production house. $150 million isn't that much when you have something this grand of scale. And the sudden surge of people looking for refunds isn't helping. CIG can still make this game, they just need a little more capitol to do it, is my guess. And the quickly turning toxic community is not helping things.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
So firstly, to address those who are overly pedantic - I was referring to the buy-back tie ins with CCU of people owning CLAIMS to ships that are otherwise unavailable. The buy-back system being a big part of why the CCU system is being changed, imo. If you couldn't figure that out by my wording well, fuck you read harder.
Moving on, I don't feel people take into account how much has been spent so far. International studios, taxes in all those countries, taxes for all the employees and studios, salaries and benefits for those employees. The money lost to shitty agreements like with Ilfonic. Money being paid to the group making Spectrum. CIG probably needs an influx of funding. And if I were them, I wouldn't want to panic people with outright saying "Hey we need money" so they are trying to find ways to alleviate financial stress without signing themselves away to a production house. $150 million isn't that much when you have something this grand of scale. And the sudden surge of people looking for refunds isn't helping. CIG can still make this game, they just need a little more capitol to do it, is my guess. And the quickly turning toxic community is not helping things.
Thank you, I'll try fuck myself later :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :beer::beers:

Now you're making sense and I agree with you and I don't think the initial idea of this was bad but just done wrong.. but they get it to work I am positive about that. And I do support CIG anyways I spent a shitload of money and will shitload some more.. no problem.
They do need a constant flow of income that's how it work if people don't like it well no one is forcing anyone to buy anything right ;)

CHEERS :beers: :beers: :beers:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
...fuck you read harder.
I'll be fucking myself too...

However, I have detected a paradox here: if you go back and reread your original comment because you didn't mention the buyback system at all, you'll find you'll have to be fucking yourself as well...

This paradox means we are all totally fucked... Have you considered joining the TEST Weapons Research Lab? We could use someone with your skillz.

Signed, the Dyslexic Pedant.

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
“I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.”
"I am old, Gandalf. I don't look it, but I am beginning to feel it in my heart of hearts."

J.R.R. Tolkien always so mysterious but oh so good :writing_hand::sunglasses:

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
They are already generating a substantial amount from new ship sales, package deals, event organisations, promotions and other paraphernalia sales like T-shirts cups etc. Do they really need to charge $5 for a system that going to be removed when beta roles around? Does it really have to be at this point in time where there is no universe to speak of as of yet. Does the reasoning behind this really have to boil down to managing inventory balances in the verse so we charge $5?

The timing is of, the reasoning is bogus and at the end of the day it does nothing to those who have already stockpiled thousands in their inventory. The fact that you get $5 back in UEC in fact does not deter black market deals or outside sellers who profit on these sales regardless.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I'm absolutely pissed about this, and that's despite being in a position where I actually have more Credits than I'd need for what I intend to buy.

The basic idea isn't wrong... I mean... EVERYONE has Vanguard/Redeemer to BMM CCU which recently became worth 100$.

Obviously, if you cover yourself with CCU, you may get the now-350$ BMM or other 350$ ships (for additional 5$) for a price well below 250$, if lucky even below 200$ and we don't know how far those prices (mind you, BMM is still not in Hangar or even Flight Ready) continue to rise. Frankly I would not be surprised seeing BMM/Reclaimer/Endeavour/Carrack/Orion (well, can't switch to that one because only 325$) easily breaking the 500$ mark.

So I can understand CIG being unsatisfied with a mayor part of the Players getting much more [virtual pixels] out of their money than others.

However, you can't make significant changes to a business model like this without a proper notice before... and with that I mean announce it, allow players to set up for it with a all-ships-on-sale event (Citizen Con comes to mind) and then change it.

Moves like that really kill the "crowd funded game without publisher that pulls dumb moneygrab moves" thing.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
CIG got a CCU from "Nickel and Diming" their playerbase to "5$ering" their customers.

The entire reason CCUs are around is that there are like 40 more ships now than when I started, and I want to keep my OG packages. The database explanation falls flat when you have even a cursory knowledge of how computer systems work.

If they think that managing a bunch of CCUs is bad, how are they going to handle every player in the game buying and selling ships, weapons, shields, ammo, and all the other shit when SC finally comes out?

It's a blatant cash grab, just like the Warbonds were a blatant attempt to get new $$ in the game. This is so much worse though.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I am probably one of the people this $5 charge is aimed at. My buyback list + Hangar list are around 2,000 items long.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Not really, they'd be too late for you.^^

I just calculated what I have in total:
All things combined (incl the Aurora MR (LTI) from my Gamepack, I got stuff worth 360 RSI.
If I don't make any savings on either the BMM (for 250$) or other Ships, I'd have 110$ to spend otherwise.

I'm not quite sure what to get besides my BMM, but I feel like Fighters are overpriced... and I'd suck in them anyway - or least I don't see myself making much money with them. Same sorta goes for Racers...

A Retaliator Base would just be 40$ away... I know it's a disappointing ship for most, since it can't do much in comparsion, but damn... it just looks so awesome.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
What??? :neutral_face:

To many people having ship without actually owning them????
-What are you talking about They don't own the ship they bought how you even think that is possible??
-That comment was not so well thought thru if they have the ship they own it, how can you have ship you do not own.. ??
-There does not exist any people that have ship they do not own!

we are taking up space on their servers????
-we are what ????
-what are you talking about?
-the info of the ship is code text even if you had like 100.000 ships in your web-hangar it wouldn't take up more than 10MB of code text

Not to mention the hoards of ships out there that may never be claimed???
-What??
-Again, what are you talking about??
-There is no hoard of unused ship anywhere
-It does not work like this/that, You are making no sense at all trust me on this,

-You just trying to be funny right, or you need to stop smoking what ever it is you are smoking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

-Not intended as a insult, but you are so wrong here it is of the chart.

CHEERS! :beer::beer::beer:
Them not owning this ship falls in the same legislation of your not owning the rights to cds for games and games in general. You purchase the ability to use it, not own it. Unless I misunderstood the owning part.

Forgot your password?