Votes: 16 20.0%

• Total voters

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Thanks for the calm reply Beerjerker.

Every few months I just need someone to say "Look, they are making the game and it is coming and you just need to wait" and then I see reason again, calm down and stop shouting like a child. It's usually about a month before the next patch goes live.

Ship Sales will not go on forever. I know that. But the day it stops i'll be super-pissed. I'll see it coming and i'll know it's coming and this is probably just the first step of maybe ten steps of ship sales stopping. Round about step 5 or 6 it'll be clear they don't want my money, don't need my money and would rather I play the game rather than open my wallet.
I didn't think you were unreasonable at all. When the time comes, I'll be right there, freaking out with you!
panic.gif

Now and then, just got to tell myself it's just a game, a game that isn't getting released for quite awhile still.

McFurious

Grand Admiral
Dec 27, 2014
RSI Handle
McFurious
I honestly do not care. They want more money. They need more money. Nothing wrong with that. Go for it.

I'm not planning on doing much CCU'ing so maybe that's why I'm ok with it. I've put a little over $400 into this game so far and for me that's already way overboard for internet spaceships.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Probably they won't change if they are in your hangar. Future $0 CCUs will cost $5, and it sounds like all CCUs will cost $5 more. Basically a $5 cost just for upgrading anymore. I imagine if you have any CCUs in your buyback will increase by $5 if you try to buy them back.
And you are not wrong for being drunk.
Oh good. I'm working on round two.
Yep

Always
Thanks for the validation my friend. I'm having a(nother) beer in your honour!
Errr don't know if i should be stirring the pot but i have purchased a cpl of every $0 CCU in the shop like the person in this post suggested.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/stop-complaining-start-buying

Could be worth it for Testies to do the same to future proof for price changes
I have somewhere between 350-400 or these. I am not ashamed.
Whats to stop them from charging the Five Bucks when you go to use it?
My thoughts exactly. Do I CCU all my ships to their final versions now, so as to avoid a CCU tax? Or am I safe to assume that they are simply going to abolish 0 dollar CCUs by changing the price of all ships?

It seems to me that a CCU tax would be easier to implement. If that's the case, then I have many ships that are in dire need of becoming their final, non-flyable versions.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Oh good. I'm working on round two.

Thanks for the validation my friend. I'm having a(nother) beer in your honour!

I have somewhere between 350-400 or these. I am not ashamed.

My thoughts exactly. Do I CCU all my ships to their final versions now, so as to avoid a CCU tax? Or am I safe to assume that they are simply going to abolish 0 dollar CCUs by changing the price of all ships?

It seems to me that a CCU tax would be easier to implement. If that's the case, then I have many ships that are in dire need of becoming their final, non-flyable versions.
One of the things it noted was the $5 value would be added to the ship - if the ship is now more expensive, will it allow future 0$ CCUs against it anyway? Are the CCUs against the ship or against the ship value?

To many questions still rolling around...?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well think this was a bad move and that this backfired for them since I had only about 30-40 0$CCU in my web-hangar I was saving for a rainy day..

I now bought back every 0$CCU I had in the buyback and then some extra from store to be shore to cover what I might want to change between, since I am very indecisive when it come to buying ships. So now I got like 200+ 0$CCU and I think I was not the only one who did panic and did the same.

And you didn't need to be Einstein to figure out the result of that decision. So counting my and that of other users doing the same they now have 2-3 million unused 0$CCU in orbit instead of the 1million they where worried about, seem like great foresight planing... ;) just saying

CHEERS! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I do agree with this, it doesn't really make any sense for someone to be able to buy 1000 ccu's and keep them sitting there "just incase" completely for free.

As long as they don't retroactively charge $5 to people who have existing $0 ccus, that would be very unfair if they did that.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Well think this was a bad move and that this backfired for them since I had only about 30-40 0$CCU in my web-hangar I was saving for a rainy day..

I now bought back every 0$CCU I had in the buyback and then some extra from store to be shore to cover what I might want to change between, since I am very indecisive when it come to buying ships. So now I got like 200+ 0$CCU and I think I was not the only one who did panic and did the same.

And you didn't need to be Einstein to figure out the result of that decision. So counting my and that of other users doing the same they now have 2-3 million unused 0$CCU in orbit instead of the 1million they where worried about, seem like great foresight planing... ;) just saying

CHEERS! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers:
Exactly all they really did was increase the amount of $0 CCU's, So if they really do balance ships off that it's going to throw balance off even more with their stats. Someone at CIG is not using their brain at all. I, like you and most others have done this before they started to charge people.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
The only way a ship popularity could be a balance factor was if the players on their own said "this is is better than X. Get this ship" and everyone gets that ship for one meta reason or another. So everyone gets it and the others of that class are seen as weaker(they may not be) but maybe they just need a new loadout

It's meta wars.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Exactly all they really did was increase the amount of $0 CCU's, So if they really do balance ships off that it's going to throw balance off even more with their stats. Someone at CIG is not using their brain at all. I, like you and most others have done this before they started to charge people.
Yeah they shore screwed up on this one I was buying some more 0$CCU and the store was lagging for the first time ever guess there is a mass storm buying up CCU now... wounder how they gonna solve this head boggle..
I mean only reason I had 0$CCU is be cause of my indecisiveness and I do change ship like once a week some time.. and keep doing soo untill I finally come to a conclusion on what ship I like best.. then I go for another.. etc..

The thought might sounded good in the head when they came up with the idea, but in reality well maybe not so much..
As I said don't need to be Einstein to figure out how it was going to play out... L O_o L

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I dont know if I'm getting the concerns herein in the right way. Thus I just want to say that in my understanding you don't have to worry about your existing 0$-CCU. Its only about future CCUs. When you are buying a potential 0 EUR CCU, CIG now bills you 5$ administrative surcharge like they do for RSI handle changes.

I don't like this step, because a) a don't see a massive revenue plus b) I don't believe the "data"-bullshit Zylo is writing about and c) CIG (again) has lost huge amounts of trust. Because of this I am sad. Sad about the flame war which is burning in every SC forum and sad about CIG that they kick the backers ass, without any reason which would be clear to my eyes.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Whats to stop them from charging the Five Bucks when you go to use it?
Lawsuits. When you "purchased" your $0 CCU, you completed a transaction. That transaction was a contract, of sorts, that in exchange for the agreed upon price (in this case, $0) CIG will provide you with a CCU token. CCU tokens are, and always have been, applied without use of the "shopping cart" interface. To force a user through another purchase screen for an item that they already own would be considered double-dipping and could be pretty easily be brought to court*

*In my opinion. I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I rode an elevator with one once AND I've watched the whole first season of DareDevil on Netflix.

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
I would probably be more upset if I owned anything that could benefit from the $0 ccu's, but at this point I've upgraded my base ship a few times and am pretty happy with my Cutlass especially with the rework coming.

Of course this may change once I finally purchase my combat ship. Then again I hope to just end my purchasing at 2. We'll see how well that goes.

I do feel that if they are going to do this then just make the 0 dollar CCU'S 5 bucks instead of adding 5 bucks to all of them.

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
Also after thinking a little more about the claim that these unused CCU'S are making it hard on the designers I have to assume it has more to do with not really knowing how many of each ship is actually going to end up being used. Considering that they only planned on a set amount of certain ships to be out there.

Then again they do keep selling more limited ships. Which is fine with me considering I hope to grab one eventually haha.

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
So do we have any confirmation as to whether this 5 bucks will be applied when we BUY the CCU or when we APPLY the CCU? Because that will be the big kicker.
Well we already bought the CCU for $0 dollars so we already own it as much as we can own a digital promise. You should have the completed purchase confirmation in your email.

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
I don't blame em one bit. Too many people having ships without actually owning them. Trading, buying, converting and CIG doesn't get a cut of that action. It's business, we are taking up space on their servers, trading ships they made, at no cost to us. Doesn't make sense in the least. Not to mention the hoards of ships out there that may never be claimed. There very much are balancing metrics involved there. I've never had a problem with just buying a ship, and holding on to it, and maybe melting it if I decided I didn't want it. If you are worried about getting ships you can't afford your priorities are in the wrong place.

Forgot your password?