[CITIZENCON ROLE CALL!!!] Weekend Accomodation for CitizenCon, Manchester in October

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Ok so that means there are at least FOUR beds left after Trick Shot Bob has joined us. I know it's a while out but the sooner I have a solid idea of numbers the more peace of mind I have =P

Also does anyone know when tickets for the event itself go on sale?

Horizonz

Space Marshal
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Horizonz
I'm definitely going to CitizenCon, and by October i should have enough money to do this, so count me in.

An yeah Venue is at the airport last time I checked, don't think it has changed but either way, I know my way around most of Manchester.

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Sweet that means we have TWO beds left up for grabs. If people are comfortable enough I'll link my paypal about a week or two before the payment is due. Otherwise I'll cover the rest and get it off anyone who wants to pay it in person on the weekend.

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
I dunno to be honest but I'd get one as soon as you can just in case.

If someone would be kind enough to post in this thread as soon as the tickets are available, you would be a legend.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Man, sharing an overpriced 10 bed dormitory with complete strangers from different parts of the world who are going to probably the most dorky and fanatic event in England that day, under a black and yellow flag that encourages to drink beer in space

HOW CAN THIS NOT BE EPIC?

Reactions: mindfart

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Man, sharing an overpriced 10 bed dormitory with complete strangers from different parts of the world who are going to probably the most dorky and fanatic event in England that day, under a black and yellow flag that encourages to drink beer in space

HOW CAN THIS NOT BE EPIC?
It is slightly overpriced isn't it? But yeah I'm really looking forward to it.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
There is actually a real Hotel called "Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport"
its between 111 and 125 eur for 2 persons 2 days (80-90 pounds?), and they actually offer stuff like clean sheets and towels.
Its right by the airport (isnt that where the venue is?) But, probably shared beds which might be a lil uncomfortable with complete strangers

Reactions: CrimsonCyclist

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Well if people find better deals that suit them then that's not a problem =P

I dunno, I looked around for a couple days for the cheapest 10 bed hostel rooms near to the city centre, cause that's where I initially presumed the event would be held.

If pricing is an issue for anyone currently down on the list you don't HAVE to commit to the room. Which is not a threat by the way, just saying I'm pretty easy either way.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
I absolutely love the idea of a shared room with a bunch of ppl.

However, if the venue is at the airport, and given that our plane arrives around 24h in the evening on Friday, it might be a bit more convenient to get something nearby. But we'll go with the hostel for now, at least until CIG is crystal clear on the location

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
If there are any CGI special giveaways at the Con Please share info and TEST will prosper!

I'll PayPal you $s if it's awesome!

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
As per this weeks schedule:

Wednesday, June 10th
  • CitizenCon Details & Ticket Sale (1 PM Pacific)
Consider this fair warning!

Forgot your password?