[CITIZENCON ROLE CALL!!!] Weekend Accomodation for CitizenCon, Manchester in October

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Sounds good to me since you've took my advice which I wouldn't the 1st round in the Red Lion is on me. Also if anybody is struggling to get there or needs a lift from the airport on Saturday or Friday night after 16;00 before beers start flowing I`m available. A bit of Manchester hospitality.
Me and Puff are landing at 22:20 in manchester T3. Are you drunk enough by then?

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
Yes definitely. From the sounds of it The Red Lion like Takarian suggested is a good point to rally everyone before the event on saturday, maybe get people there around 2-3pm? Gives us time to get to the event early whilst getting a little bit of food and our drink on.

As for Friday I'm not too sure, probably somewhere near our hostel since we'll have guys there getting in at different times during the day.
Sounds like a good plan. It's always good to have a place one of us has been to. The Red Lion on Saturday, and a pub near the hostel several of the guys are staying at on Friday.
Does anyone know the name of the pub, or if not, could you send me the address for the hostel.

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Haven't picked out a specific place yet, the hostel is Hatters, Newton street. Trick Shot Bob suggested a bar that does craft beers, but it only seems open from 4pm so yeah maybe its one we can try out later in the day if people want.

I'll have flown in by around 8am aswell but it looks like pubs don't open till around 12pm so I'm trying to think what I can do until we can check in to the hostel at 2pm.

Takarian

Grand Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Takarian
Me and Puff are landing at 22:20 in manchester T3. Are you drunk enough by then?
I don't mind being a taxi Friday night Saturday morning. Make sure everybody gets to where they should be. Is there a more secure way of giving my phone number to anybody who may need it?

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
If you PM me your number then I can share it with a few of us who have a group message here and in whatsapp, same applies to anyone else who wants to share their number

Skiba

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2015
RSI Handle
Skiba
Hey guys, quite late to the Test forum party, but I'll be heading down to Manchester for Citizencon, would be cool to meet some to-be guildies while I'm there.
I'm one of the unfortunate who are landing in Manchester on Saturday morning (bright and early 8am), so if anyone has any plans for the day, hit me up.. otherwise I'll be flying professionally drunk in AC at the nearest bar I find until the event starts. :p

Last edited:

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
I'm one of the unfortunate who are landing in Manchester on Saturday morning (bright and early 8am), so if anyone has any plans for the day, hit me up.. otherwise I'll be flying professionally drunk in AC at the nearest bar I find until the event starts. :p
Hey man, yeah pm Lienna your phone number and we'll be able to keep you updated what's happening on saturday.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
I was hoping that we will still be snoozing long past 8AM, after a few adventures in the wake of beer chugging, nightly Manchester tourism

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Well yeah we're not gonna enforce anyone to get up early if they don't want to. Most likely i'll be super tired from flying in early the previous day xD

Keep in mind people can do whatever they like, they don't have to meet up at any specific location if they got their own thing going on. Just making suggestions for those who wanna meet up.

Reactions: Lienna

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Well yeah we're not gonna enforce anyone to get up early if they don't want to. Most likely i'll be super tired from flying in early the previous day xD

Keep in mind people can do whatever they like, they don't have to meet up at any specific location if they got their own thing going on. Just making suggestions for those who wanna meet up.
Lets not promote individuality and freedom of choice. This is a Test building weekend, we should probably bring the rope and do every single activity as one giant human sphere

Reactions: CrimsonCyclist

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Lets not promote individuality and freedom of choice. This is a Test building weekend, we should probably bring the rope and do every single activity as one giant human sphere
Can we have one person pushing the sphere around collecting up more and more SC fans and converting them into one glorious TEST katamari?

Skiba

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2015
RSI Handle
Skiba
I was hoping that we will still be snoozing long past 8AM, after a few adventures in the wake of beer chugging, nightly Manchester tourism
Oh don't worry, I don't expect to be alive at 8am either. I'll be there in person, not in spirit. :-P

Passed on my number, I'm sure there will be plenty of banter on the Saturday :)

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
I can be people's point of contact if need be. I'll be in the city from around 8am where I'll probably be in Weatherspoons Picadilly until our check in opens at 2. From there I'll find a half decent bar close to our hostel and meet up/direct anyone who needs help getting around to the hostel or otherwise.

If you haven't already guys, there's a whatsapp group that's being set up so we can all keep in contact on the fly if need be.

PM me your phone number if you want to be added or if you wanna take my phone number for emergencies.

Skiba

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2015
RSI Handle
Skiba
I've managed to book into a hotel next to the airport, so I'll be around the airport until my check in opens, then heading to wherever you folks may be. I'm preparing myself for a lot of airport internet, let's hope my 4G works

Kudos to whoever set up the WhatsApp group, it'll make organisation so much easier. :)

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
I'm aiming to arrive at just before 4pm, can meet up with you Myre and try and stumble our way to the hostel? You are arriving at the piccadily train station right?

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Man, i have no clue what to expect from this weekend.
Exciting times.
I can finally admire Myre, visit the Eiffel Tower, climb the London Bridge. Endless possibilities

Reactions: Harkuno and Lienna
Forgot your password?