[CITIZENCON ROLE CALL!!!] Weekend Accomodation for CitizenCon, Manchester in October

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Does everyone have their test clothes to wear? Would be awesome to have a photo of everyone who goes, but for propaganda reasons we'd want a photo of everyone who could wear test clothing. To that extent if anyone has multiple test tshirts/hoodies, might be nice to bring them so we have spares to dress people up in for a picture?

Going to be bringing my camcorder, so plenty of propaganda times on that front. One other thing I may be planning but I'll leave that as a surprise as I might not be able to get it done!

TriteBoon

Space Marshal
Apr 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Trite
I'm going have i said i'm going well i'm going i'm not stopping but i'm going so ill see you all there who are going but if your not going sorry your not going but i'm not like stopping.

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
I'll be there
Still undecided as to whether I'll be staying over on the Friday

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
Don't let your dreams be dreams
Crimson just informed me that there's a free spot to crash on the Friday so I'll likely meet you guys then and buy you all drinks or however you'd like me to pay for the night. As for Saturday I'll find somewhere else to crash I'm sure.

Raevan

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Raevan
Hi, I'll be going and I have a Testie T Shirt and Hoodie, if anyone needs to borrow the hoodie for a photo your more than welcome. Not sure what time I'll be there as driving up with a friend on the Saturday morning, staying at the Premier Inn near the airport. Be great to meet up with you all.

Takarian

Grand Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Takarian
Add me to your list of attendees. I`ll be there in my hoodie and well worn t-shirt on my back. Looking forward to meeting the Testie Crew.
I live in Manchester, What are your plans? if any, getting excited now.

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Hey Raevan and Takarian, the plan is a good few of us, 10 or so, will be there from friday, more coming on saturday. Certainly planning on going out saturday night after the event and probably friday too we just don't know where yet. There have being suggestions but nothing nailed down.

Takarian since you live in Manchester would you know any good places for a roaming band of 10 to 16 Testies to go hang around? Or should we bounce from place to place. I'm thinking at least a more pub like scenario than nightclubs early on but hey who knows what we might end up doing.

Takarian

Grand Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Takarian
I think for pre drinks on Saturday, Withington, Didsbury or West Didsbury are good areas to drink many beers. There are a good selection of Bars and Pubs. The other thing about these areas, there about half way between the city centre and the airport. There is also a really nice pub up the road from the event called The Romper or a little further The Airport Pub I believe is nice but I have never been in it.
But I am no events organiser:p I'll go with the flow.

Last edited:

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Pretty sure Admiral Nolan aka Troy is flying over from the US to go.. at least I think? Maybe someone should get in touch with him over Discord. He's usually on in the evenings, EST time. I'll try to point him toward here if I see him on too. (Sorry if someone already brought up his name).

Ichiru

Space Marshal
Aug 15, 2014
RSI Handle
Ichiru
Would probably be best for people to agree a meeting time and place for both the friday and saturday and post it here on the forums. I should (hopefully) have access to internet/discord once am in Manchester but there may be some whom wont.

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
I will be there on Friday, my flight lands at 8am and so far I have no plans until after CitizenCon. We definitely should all meet up but I don't know the area, so I have no idea where. (I'm sensing a need for pizza and beer:D) Whoever is familiar with the area, can you give us some options for a meet up location?

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Any suggestions on meeting points would be great, I'll be turning up at Piccadilly train station some time between 3 and 5pm on the Friday depending on convenience. Places to meet, drink and eat are really would be good to plan so we can all try and be there? (there will be a mighty swarm of us, so I doubt a restaurant would be easily feasible without booking, guess it's a take-away weekend!)

Takarian

Grand Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Takarian
There is plenty to choose from in Manchester City Centre, it can get very busy at night. I'll hopefully be able to meet Testies on Friday night if I know where the early starters are. On the Saturday. If you want a pub name The Red Lion in Withington is a pub, I know well and can recommend and is central to the city centre, airport and a good drinking area. It does cheap food and good beer and opens at 12;)

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
So are we all meeting on Saturday in the day ??
Yes definitely. From the sounds of it The Red Lion like Takarian suggested is a good point to rally everyone before the event on saturday, maybe get people there around 2-3pm? Gives us time to get to the event early whilst getting a little bit of food and our drink on.

As for Friday I'm not too sure, probably somewhere near our hostel since we'll have guys there getting in at different times during the day.

Reactions: Ichiru and Takarian

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
As for Friday I'm not too sure, probably somewhere near our hostel since we'll have guys there getting in at different times during the day.
Well we're well stocked for bars around the hostel, but this one has craft beers!

Reactions: WarrenPeace

Takarian

Grand Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Takarian
Sounds good to me since you've took my advice which I wouldn't the 1st round in the Red Lion is on me. Also if anybody is struggling to get there or needs a lift from the airport on Saturday or Friday night after 16;00 before beers start flowing I`m available. A bit of Manchester hospitality.

Forgot your password?