marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Come on buddy, stick with the mic, your English skills will only get better. Hell, your English is a million times better than my Dutch. :rolleyes:
Funny thing is: I don't own a mic, but... a smartphone or tablet do have a build in mic and discord runs on android. Most people (I guess) own one of both ;).
I get the same comment when I try to speak and even worse, type German. Fact is: when I speak German while drinking beer it gets better after each beer :D.
During our first flying session I was on discord with speakers only, a few guys where on and after a while I asked myself: how the heII can they dogfight and talk so much :confused:?

Reactions: AstroSam

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Actually, I try to fly each night from 10:00 PM to 00:00 AM. If my system is stable enough, I connect to discord, so anyone who wants to join can shout on discord in Flightschool. I'm only good at dogfighting Vanduuls. Still trying to learn some team tactics, but with no voice connected and no ingame chat it is each for him self.
Plus is that the enemy fire is divided over more players, Minus is that more and more players do crash on me while I'm waiting for the next wave.
The goal of the game is to reach and finish wave 18, so I tend to kill as fast as possible so much as possible Vanduuls, until there remainders can be mopped up easily.
I don't use auto target, unless I'm in the middle of a swarm. I pick my first target, start shooting at it, if I can't finish it in the first run then I switch to the next target behind the first one. That way I complete the first run while turning behind the Vanduuls. If somebody is shooting at my target, I will take another target, enough targets for everybody.
Strafe is a very good way to fly into a wave while avoiding fire, either strafe away from the fire avoiding it, or strafe into the fire together with up or down to make enemy fire contact as short as possible. Always keen your eye on the asteroids, they kill instantly.
My ship of choice to kill fast and close still is the Delta with 6 fixed repeaters, no rockets. If I must do supportive roles like wingman, I would need a more durable fighter like the Super Hornet or the Sabre.

This are in short my tactics. If anybody wants to join me, just check discord or contacts list and invite me. I will try to set a new date for a new fight night, but I heavily depend on my systems stability.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Funny thing is: I don't own a mic, but... a smartphone or tablet do have a build in mic and discord runs on android. Most people (I guess) own one of both ;).
I get the same comment when I try to speak and even worse, type German. Fact is: when I speak German while drinking beer it gets better after each beer :D.
During our first flying session I was on discord with speakers only, a few guys where on and after a while I asked myself: how the heII can they dogfight and talk so much :confused:?
Well I guess when English is one of a few you can speak, people would tend to need to think what they want to say and translate. It obviously isnt naturally off the tongue like Dutch. My hat off to you sir, im crap at other languages, some might also say that about my English! ;) Can only do alittle bit of counting and a few other words in German, it doesnt get better drinking either! :rolleyes: You should really get a mic, even a cheap crappy one would be better than how your currently doing it!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Well I guess when English is one of a few you can speak, people would tend to need to think what they want to say and translate. It obviously isnt naturally off the tongue like Dutch. My hat off to you sir, im crap at other languages, some might also say that about my English! ;) Can only do alittle bit of counting and a few other words in German, it doesnt get better drinking either! :rolleyes: You should really get a mic, even a cheap crappy one would be better than how your currently doing it!
Actually, I'm native Dutch but my native language isn't Dutch, it is something between Dutch and German. Native Dutch can't understand allot, German who also speak that dialect can understand me partly. It helps in speaking more languages. Numbers and logic are my thing, language isn't.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Actually, I'm native Dutch but my native language isn't Dutch, it is something between Dutch and German. Native Dutch can't understand allot, German who also speak that dialect can understand me partly. It helps in speaking more languages. Numbers and logic are my thing, language isn't.
Youve gotten this far in life so you must have done something right. :D Thanks for the tip about strafing, need to start doing that. Just doesnt seem like a natural movement due to the previous normal flight sims ive played with gravity. Need practise I guess.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Strafing helps allot on NPCs and missiles. If you are after a NPC, a few will line up behind you. While strafing, they will not hit you. Also when they fire missiles for behind you, sometimes you won't get a lock on warning, but the missiles don't hit because of the strafe and you get the evaded warning.
After get used to strafe you should practice with boost, boost will help you avoid asteroids while strafing towards them. Strafe and boost will override your G-SAFE, so learn when to release the boost in time.
It is more important then the throttle, I only had to use the throttle with the 350R, with the LN, Super Hornet, Delta, Sabre and Gladius I always fly full throttle.

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
Strafing helps allot on NPCs and missiles. If you are after a NPC, a few will line up behind you. While strafing, they will not hit you. Also when they fire missiles for behind you, sometimes you won't get a lock on warning, but the missiles don't hit because of the strafe and you get the evaded warning.
After get used to strafe you should practice with boost, boost will help you avoid asteroids while strafing towards them. Strafe and boost will override your G-SAFE, so learn when to release the boost in time.
It is more important then the throttle, I only had to use the throttle with the 350R, with the LN, Super Hornet, Delta, Sabre and Gladius I always fly full throttle.
Flying constantly in full throttle makes you overshoot slower ships in PvP. Throttle is definitely not a thing to be ignored.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Flying constantly in full throttle makes you overshoot slower ships in PvP. Throttle is definitely not a thing to be ignored.
While using full throttle your forward speed is 240, if you also use full strafe (with a 8-way hat you don't have allot options), then your forward speed will be 160, not allot ships to overshoot ;)

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
While using full throttle your forward speed is 240, if you also use full strafe (with a 8-way hat you don't have allot options), then your forward speed will be 160, not allot ships to overshoot ;)
Oh, you're flying with a joystick. :D

I'm flying mouse/keyboard and have strafe forward/back bound to the same key as throttle up/down, so throttle is that much more important.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I am up for this we just need to pin down a date/time!

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
The setup I've come to like a lot is a left handed joystick for strafe and firing/ targeting also have brake and boost bound there. Then I use pedals with forward/reverse strafe bound to the toe brakes and I have throttle set to zero.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
OK galls and guys, lets get this started.
I propose Saturday the 21th 22:00 GMT, for me that will be 00:00 GMT +2. Normally I start at 22:00, so early birds can do some practice rounds.

1. we will meet at discord / flightschool, for the people who don't own a proper mic, connect with speakers only or install discord on your tablet or smartphone.
2. we will need some flight instructors to do the advanced stuff
3. have allot of fun

Last session we started with the Vanduul swarms, 2 pilots fight the Vanduuls, the flight instructors being wingman. We concluded with squadron battle. We can repeat this setup or do something new, suggestions and instructors please!!!

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
OK galls and guys, lets get this started.
I propose Saturday the 21th 22:00 GMT, for me that will be 00:00 GMT +2. Normally I start at 22:00, so early birds can do some practice rounds.

1. we will meet at discord / flightschool, for the people who don't own a proper mic, connect with speakers only or install discord on your tablet or smartphone.
2. we will need some flight instructors to do the advanced stuff
3. have allot of fun

Last session we started with the Vanduul swarms, 2 pilots fight the Vanduuls, the flight instructors being wingman. We concluded with squadron battle. We can repeat this setup or do something new, suggestions and instructors please!!!
I suggest not playing Vanduul swarm at all, and heading straight into PvP, either free flight for nice 1v1s and maneuvering tips, or Battle Royale for trial by fire.

Vanduul Swarm doesn't help much in terms of improving skill (aside from aim). The Vanduul in Swarm are severely nerfed (much less armor/shield than a normal ship) and fly very slow.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Nobody online :(. I guess it's because 2.4. My rig also crashed 2 times, 1 BSOD, 4 or 5 freezes. It's very bad tonight :eek:
Sorry dude, not been checking this thread, im letting the team down I know!;) Will need to keep touch on this and see what comes up. Also need to sort some multicrew ship training, they have lots of screens and buttons dont ya know! :rolleyes:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Also need to sort some multicrew ship training, they have lots of screens and buttons dont ya know! :rolleyes:
You should start a new thread under professions with title: [Other] Multicrew ships and check out who is interested. Multi crew ships can only be used in PU??? so it is advisable to start this after 2.4 goes live for everybody ;)

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I havent been active much lately. I finally moved but my HOTAS got damaged in the process :(
Waiting for the SC HOTAS before I buy a new one!

Forgot your password?