Bounty Hunting Combat Flightschool

JeffCraig

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
JeffCraig
I got the times mixed up today :( and I was sleeping.

I'll be around for the next few hours if anyone wants to hang out and learn some stuff.

I'll just be working on the flight school logo and hanging out in Movie Night otherwise.

Reactions: AstroSam

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
It was quiet around here last week!!! I got my new Flight stick under control. Either they changed flight characteristics of the Delta, or the stick performs super :cool:. If anyone needs a wingman, just shout on Discord / Flight School when I'm on. My mic still is crap, discord runs on tablet :p.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
It was quiet around here last week!!! I got my new Flight stick under control. Either they changed flight characteristics of the Delta, or the stick performs super :cool:. If anyone needs a wingman, just shout on Discord / Flight School when I'm on. My mic still is crap, discord runs on tablet :p.
I've never really messed with curves before. Do you find it helps? Any suggestions?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I've never really messed with curves before. Do you find it helps? Any suggestions?
It depends on the stick and ship you use.
First I had the F.L.Y. 5. I used the default settings for the stick. Strafe, boost/afterburner and countermeasurement where mapped on my G13. No throttle control, during combat full throttle until death :cool:. Then my secondary fire button of the F.L.Y. broke, mechanically so no fix.
Then I used my old Logitech Force 3D Pro with the G13... that was very nervous , I had to make the curve in the beginning slow so I could aim properly. Even after adjusting the curve, I still had to do one Vanduul run to get my hand used, but it also flew good. The Force 3D Pro is a force feedback stick. It doesn't use a spring to center, instead it uses the force feedback stepper motor.
Then I bought the Warthog HOTAS.... the stick is just perfect!!! It needs some force to fly, also the buttons are heavy. Only backdraw on the stick is that it doesn't has roll. That also is an advantage, your aim is much better. The stick handles so smooth and good that it actually didn't matter if used my Force 3D Pro curve or default curve.
The dual throttle replaced the G13. I now have perfect throttle control but no analog strafe thumbstick and no roll. The default settings for buttons was not good for me, so I had to adjust allot until I found my perfect setting for strafe, roll, targeting, countermeasurements.

The use of a custom curve depends on your style of fight, ship and stick. I love to fly the Mustang, I don't use gimbal, so I aim with my ship, Its shields are weak, so I must fly very evasive but also very aggressive.

Reactions: Metal-Muffin

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
If your stick is nervous around the deadzone, make it slow at the beginning. I didn't change the deadzone, I only changed the master sensitivity curve.
This was my Force 3D Pro curve:
upload_2016-4-26_11-31-12.png

My current master curve is 1.0, it is like the dotted line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal-Muffin

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes will try and catch up with you guys and girls for some more test shenanigans

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Wow! That's a beast!!

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Okay so I only just spotted this thread, I'm totally up for learning to be a better pilot, but my free time is pretty sparce these days so I can't really guarantee attendance that often :(

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Okay so I only just spotted this thread, I'm totally up for learning to be a better pilot, but my free time is pretty sparce these days so I can't really guarantee attendance that often :(
LOL, nobody does (at least not in my time zone), but that doesn't matter, as long as we have fun its fine. When I start flying I will be on discord / Flight school, just enter and shout, if I don't react, then probably I'm getting some "fluids" or the opposite ;).
Maybe it is practical to start a new thread for flight tactics, while in combat it is hard to explain (or is that just my problem??? :D). I can only speak for solo fight, I'm still try to learn some team tactics.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Bumptybumbtybumb

Guys, lets keep this effort alive!!!! I even have thrown away my reluctance to communicate over voice due to my bad practice in speaking English (and the guys that I spoke with can confirm that I have no practice in speaking English :oops:)
Lets learn some flying and dog-fighting, we are a big community, so why not learn from each other and get better as a team!!!

Reactions: Daak Seed

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
are we having another flight night some time?

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
I dont care about score or anything, but games get so much better when there is teamwork (for me anyway).

Would anyone be interested in setting up some kind of combatschool for people who want to play the game a bit more competitive?
Do we have anything like that?[/QUOTE]
I'm in!! Very good tactics.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Only just seen this thread. Id be in, not a crap pilot but certainly no ace either. Keen to learn some tips and tricks from you guys. Id tend to be able to arrange a meetup over the weekend depending on the time as Im all the way over in Oz. Could always set the alarm clock. :rolleyes: Let me know whats happening and Ill try to be there.

Reactions: marcsand2

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Bumptybumbtybumb

Guys, lets keep this effort alive!!!! I even have thrown away my reluctance to communicate over voice due to my bad practice in speaking English (and the guys that I spoke with can confirm that I have no practice in speaking English :oops:)
Lets learn some flying and dog-fighting, we are a big community, so why not learn from each other and get better as a team!!!
Come on buddy, stick with the mic, your English skills will only get better. Hell, your English is a million times better than my Dutch. :rolleyes:

Reactions: sum1 and marcsand2
Forgot your password?