Bounty Hunting Combat Flightschool

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Had a 325 P but hadn't that much success in dog fighting with her.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
There's a captured van duul scythe in my hanger - ive taken it out for a spin a few times.

No idea how it got there. Maaan that must have been one drunken TEST night to end up stealing a scythe of a vanduul!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Afaik those "plus"-fighters are temporarily provided to buyers of midrange and capital ships.
For example: I can fly a Hornet since I bought the Connie Aquila although I never bought a Hornet.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Afaik those "plus"-fighters are temporarily provided to buyers of midrange and capital ships.
For example: I can fly a Hornet since I bought the Connie Aquila although I never bought a Hornet.
OK... what is the definition of midrange and capital ships? I have an Aurora LN, a Gladius, a Delta and a Sabre. That are all small ships ;)

Toysrme

Captain
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Toysrme6v0
I do a lot of 1v1 or small-group fight/tournaments and also occasionally helping pilots that simply want to get better at combat.

Hit me on Discord (Toysrme) if anyone ever needs help and simply wants to get better.

Here's clips of me helping two moderately-skilled pilots in 1v1's trying to up their game against much better players.

Here's a playlist of 13 videos of me (generally beating) many of the best pilots in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8YYlhzOPOEWV6oz4K44OY4qHiQ6P9nga

julu

Admiral
Mar 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Lipwig
that's brilliant, toysrme, i'll definitely take you up on that as soon as i can come online again...

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes mee too. Toys do you play on mouse and keyboard?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Wow, whats the use of becoming an alpha skilled pilot when facing cheaters like those using lagswitches:

o_O

WhooptyWoo

Admiral
Donor
Jul 18, 2014
RSI Handle
WhooptyWoo
Wow, whats the use of becoming an alpha skilled pilot when facing cheaters like those using lagswitches:

o_O
From what I have been reading it would seem that this video is just vindictive BS. While there was a lot of lag in those videos they apparently were from the current tech being very laggy and not from cheating.

Check out this thread on our loverly forums about the subject: https://testsquadron.com/threads/possible-cheating-within-star-citizen.7140/

Hopefully CIG will have most of this crap straightened out this summer.

Reactions: AstroSam

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Nice I've got a single T16000m at the mo so dont have enough acis or buttons! Was thinking of picking up the CH throttle to compliment it, Do you use the pedals for yaw or roll?

Cheers!

Toysrme

Captain
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Toysrme6v0
Nice I've got a single T16000m at the mo so dont have enough acis or buttons! Was thinking of picking up the CH throttle to compliment it, Do you use the pedals for yaw or roll?

Cheers!
pedals = roll
pitch+yaw is much more natural together for aiming. i only know of one high caliber combat pilot that runs yaw on pedals

you'd do best to go dual t16k or save a warthog (sans throttle) for your right hand.
i love CH, but the vast majority accept dual-stick as the best analog only solution (combat wise)

HOTAS wise, ya no question CH kills it. None of the other throttles have the natural 3 analog axis + that many well placed buttons + the programming to allow you to do many things rapidly. (which is why the hotas only pilots struggle keeping up in quick combat with the dual stick, CH throttle or stick & mouse pilots. you always have an advantage of some combination of strafing & simply having more access to important features at all times.)

Reactions: BUTUZ
Forgot your password?