Bounty Hunting Combat Flightschool

julu

Admiral
Mar 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Lipwig
GMT+2 ? fuuuck, one hour too early. damn you, summertime.
anyway, i'm there.

Daak Seed

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
daak-seed
okie... summary of what happened today from my perspective:
1) everyone was happy to get into the server
2) everyone confirmed that TEST IS THE BEST (also TEST SQUADRON IS DRUNK SQUADRON)
3) we had no idea what to do, so we did random things. Concept of "planning" is unnatural to TEST.
4) we are the best in crashing things (wink @JeffCraig )

I loved it! ... since I ran out of beer, I am going to sleep!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
when the beer is in the fridge, then it wont get old, so... either start some self-control or no beer in the fridge. I broke rule 2 for the test dummies, so I should learn rule 1. :rolleyes:

Reactions: AstroSam

JeffCraig

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
JeffCraig
Success!
Thanks to everyone that joined in the fun tonight :D not much training was accomplished, but there was a strong showing of interest in getting this idea rolling!

The main lesson that we learned tonight was:
SC is still very much alpha, and future sessions will continue to be hampered by game crashes and other technical issues.

Even though we had our fair share of technical problems, I'm proud to say that our fleet of Dummies successfully reached our quota of asteroid crashes!

Some of us started a little early (around 1:30 PM PST) and we did a few Vanduul Swarm while waiting for the rest to show up. The 4 player limit on Vanduul Swarm will be a problem for us, and we're going to have to end up splitting future classes into separate groups if we want to use that mode in future sessions. Then we tried a Squadron Battle or two, before heading out into the open universe.

We actually managed to get between 6-8 testies in the PU on several occasions, which is a pretty big accomplishment :p It's always fun jumping into a random server and seeing who responds back to: "TEST IS THE BEST!". We ran into a few random testies this way :)

I'll try to spend some time this coming week on some more materials for our next session. There are a few basic concepts that go a long way towards getting everyone to work together and I think if we keep things simple, we can come up with a decent training regiment (one that even a group full of drunk testies can follow ;))

julu

Admiral
Mar 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Lipwig
so for anyone wondering what happened:
we got onto vanduul swarm, and wingman'ing for someone else is fuckin' hard without crashing into him.
had a round of squad battle, with various people getting kicked out of the game and me getting my balls kicked by @Sam K Macer, @marcsand2 and @sum1. but, as it turns out, i excel in being a kamikaze-pilot, i need an aurora.
then some random pu, getting kicked, and a couple great rounds with @ninjaman5j5, who is an awesome wingman.
next time, i'll try to get this a bit more organized.
thanks a huge bunch and a cheers to everybody who's been there today, you rock, guys.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Yes, lot of fun though I had to leave early on (2.30 a.m. :D). Looking forward to the next session in which I can burn julus arse again :D

Reactions: marcsand2

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Shame I got there late but it was fun running around in the PU I'm still learning all the places etc so I was always one step behind where everyone was :D

SAM that was so funny when I was EVA'ing like my life depended on it to get to you then all of sudden you did a 180 turn and....."oh she's seen me wow she must have the eyes of an eagle! come to me sam!! sam you're going a bit fast....sam you're pointing straight at me.... sam slow down!!! .... saaaaaaaa *booosh* *splat*

meanwhile in sam world: SAM: "why have I gone red? Everyone shooting me!!! that's strange must be a bug!"

I also game crashed a lot, I hope this new patch has not made stability worse for me.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
ha, wait and see my cunning plan.
i'll simply put a couple cold beer cans on my six, no shooting that ^^
Maybe it would be better to wrap the beer cans over the whole fighter...:p
Wait a sec... the Delta has no shield and a huge canopy, if I modify your sleazy cunning plan, replace the cans with bottles, could work :rolleyes:. On top of that I won't need any sunglasses, so when some tricky bastard tries to sneak up to me with the sun in his back...FAIL!!!

Forgot your password?