Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
COVID Corner - Some reports from some news outlets from today, Saturday 6th of November:

- World: Global Confirmed 249,470,234 Global Deaths 5,043,218

- Costa Rica: Becomes the first country to make Covid-19 vaccinations mandatory for children

- Russia: Covid-19 cases hit another one-day record

- India: Eleven patients died on after a fire broke out in a hospital’s Covid-19 ward in the western India

- New Zealand: 206 new daily community infections on Saturday carried it past the double-hundred mark for the first time during the coronavirus pandemic

Reactions: Vavrik

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Depends if he has had offspring or not, but he deserves an honorable mention at least.
Dude was an anti masker, anti vaxxer, Flat Earth proponent who was also a yoga instructor. He was actually fined for not self quarantining after coming back from abroad from a Flat Earth conference. I mean....this writes like a bad comedy.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Dude was an anti masker, anti vaxxer, Flat Earth proponent who was also a yoga instructor. He was actually fined for not self quarantining after coming back from abroad from a Flat Earth conference. I mean....this writes like a bad comedy.
I'm not disputing whether or not this is a remarkable way to go, I'm just saying that it might not qualify as a Darwin Award.
Rule #1: See underscore.
"The prime tenet of the Darwin Awards is that we are celebrating the self-removal of incompetent genetic material from the human race. Therefore, the potential winner must be deceased, or at least incapable of reproducing. The traditional method is death. However, an occasional rebel opts for sterilization, which allows her more time to enjoy the dubious notoriety of winning a Darwin Award."

Another way to look at it... if his genetics are still in the human gene pool, he doesn't qualify for a Darwin Award. It's about the disposition of the genetics.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Although I agree the gentleman was misguided and was doing damage to the efforts to contain the pandemic, I think the news article is leading to conclusions which may not be bourne out in the fullness of time once the coroners report comes in, which could end up muddying the waters on COVID denial even further - Given his vocal exposure to the public I suppose it would be impossible to not mention it, but by leading with his history of COVID denial and not giving any indication he even had symptoms of COVID-19 beyond that he was coughing in October, if it turned out he overdosed on contaminated wheatgrass juice (Yoga type dude and that stuff is pretty risky if you do it wrong and symptoms include headache and vomiting amongst others) it'll just cause more doubt in the minds of those who were listening to him in the first place. There are 101 ways to die, COVID-19 is but one of them... If he's the kind of person to believe Anti-Pan and Anti-Vaxx propaganda all it would take is the suggestion to drink a gallon of Wheatgrass Juice a day and the man is in peril of poisoning by his own hand. Imagine if all he had was a bad cold but overdosed on the Ivermectin he took despite denying COVID-19 was a thing?

That's not to say it wasn't COVID-19 it could have been... will be interesting to hear the results of the coroners report.

Do you think back in history, whenever they found something was dangerous, like cyanide, there was a line of contrarians saying "No it's not" shovelling it into their mouths and dropping on the spot? Is this just how humanity works? Like bacteria building resistance to medicens over the course of many generations, but with the ability to agree with intelligence?

Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Although I agree the gentleman was misguided and was doing damage to the efforts to contain the pandemic, I think the news article is leading to conclusions which may not be bourne out in the fullness of time once the coroners report comes in, which could end up muddying the waters on COVID denial even further - Given his vocal exposure to the public I suppose it would be impossible to not mention it, but by leading with his history of COVID denial and not giving any indication he even had symptoms of COVID-19 beyond that he was coughing in October, if it turned out he overdosed on contaminated wheatgrass juice (Yoga type dude and that stuff is pretty risky if you do it wrong and symptoms include headache and vomiting amongst others) it'll just cause more doubt in the minds of those who were listening to him in the first place. There are 101 ways to die, COVID-19 is but one of them... If he's the kind of person to believe Anti-Pan and Anti-Vaxx propaganda all it would take is the suggestion to drink a gallon of Wheatgrass Juice a day and the man is in peril of poisoning by his own hand. Imagine if all he had was a bad cold but overdosed on the Ivermectin he took despite denying COVID-19 was a thing?

That's not to say it wasn't COVID-19 it could have been... will be interesting to hear the results of the coroners report.

Do you think back in history, whenever they found something was dangerous, like cyanide, there was a line of contrarians saying "No it's not" shovelling it into their mouths and dropping on the spot? Is this just how humanity works? Like bacteria building resistance to medicens over the course of many generations, but with the ability to agree with intelligence?
Oh I'm quite sure it was Covid. He had a live stream on Twitch awhile back where he talked about being sick (with all the symptoms listed being consistent to Covid) yet insisted he didn't have Covid because it "doesn't exist".

Anyway the remarks from his supporters concerning his death are absolutely priceless.

foVi08S.jpeg

2gL7n9g.png

Directed energy weapon? Hmm that's a new one.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Oh I'm quite sure it was Covid. He had a live stream on Twitch awhile back where he talked about being sick (with all the symptoms listed being consistent to Covid) yet insisted he didn't have Covid because it "doesn't exist".

Anyway the remarks from his supporters concerning his death are absolutely priceless.

View attachment 21684

View attachment 21685

Directed energy weapon? Hmm that's a new one.
I was thinking that if he died of something else it would add fuel to the followers fire, but yep it makes sense that there is a "Silence the whistleblower" reaction
facepalm-B.gif~c100.gif

If one is in denial about a global pandemic one is likely to be in denial about practically anything - If 'they' didn't off one of France's premier viral scientists when he started saying Hydroxychloroquine was a viable treatment... they'd off a Yoga instructor who 99% of the world didn't know about until he died of the thing he denied... Yeah, no.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I was thinking that if he died of something else it would add fuel to the followers fire, but yep it makes sense that there is a "Silence the whistleblower" reaction View attachment 21686

If one is in denial about a global pandemic one is likely to be in denial about practically anything - If 'they' didn't off one of France's premier viral scientists when he started saying Hydroxychloroquine was a viable treatment... they'd off a Yoga instructor who 99% of the world didn't know about until he died of the thing he denied... Yeah, no.
I mean I didn't wanna go all schadenfreude on this guy but he really was one grade A POS.

At one point he even make remarks about the possibility of executing the Province's top medical officer.

Yeah. No tears shed here.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Reactions: Vavrik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Shh. we don't talk about the energy weapon, it's best to leave it unmentioned and not become a target.
I always wondered why the electricity bill at the 'Ministry of Alteration' was so high... I just thought they were leaving their computers on over night...

• Love

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
COVID Corner - Some reports from some news outlets from today, Sunday 7th of November:

- World: Global Confirmed 249,733,830 Global Deaths 5,047,944

- US: US court temporarily blocks Biden's vaccine mandate for companies

- Germany: Germany reports 23,543 new cases reported in past 24 hours

- UK: 'Get booster jab to save Christmas', British health minister urges
I never thought in my wildest dreams that almost two years later we would still be dealing with this on such a political scale. I figured by now it would have become the norm and we would as a world population gone back to some sort of normacy.

Forgot your password?