Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Dunno how that double posted. First time I've seen it this thread. Tried to delete the second post, it didn't delete, can't be arsed to try any harder, so December the 6th - So good they posted it twice.
It’s obvious you’re just farming for likes.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Good to hear, still sounds cautious but optimism is a good sign.
Definitely a good sign, but still too early for anything definitive.

Washington (AFP) – Top US scientist Anthony Fauci said Tuesday that while it would take weeks to judge the severity of the new Covid-19 variant Omicron, early indications suggested it was not worse than prior strains, and possibly milder.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I had it growing up, and I'll tell you, any unobstructed breath of air is a godsend. I feel like I have PTSD from the experience of feeling im going to die because I couldn't breathe. I was gonna say they failed to mention the psychological effects of it, but I see they mentioned it at the end of the article.

The charity Asthma UK said: "Most people with asthma, even if it's severe, can manage to wear a face mask or face covering for a short period of time."
Yeah, the short amount of time it takes for you to start freaking out about it and take it off.

"If you find it impossible to wear a face mask because it affects your breathing, or for other physical or mental health reasons, you do not have to wear one,"
This would be me. EDIT: If I was still a kid with Asthma. I have no problem wearing one now as an adult, I just had to clarify.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
NPR’s Mara Liasson pressed Psaki on the continued hurdles Americans face in getting rapid, at-home coronavirus tests. The administration recently announced people with private health insurance would be reimbursed for the tests, which often cost between $20 and $30 for a pair.
“That’s kind of complicated, though,” Liasson noted. “Why not just make them free and give them out to — and have them available everywhere?”
Psaki shot back sarcastically: “Should we just send one to every American?”

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Remind me to keep my mouth shut.
Best way to not catch flies. :P

Blimey, had no idea the US was so far behind in the rapid test regard.

Land of the free in everything except health care, eh?
Until we have robots that can build and maintain robots I am not sure we can say anything is free. Until then how one goes about paying for things depends on many things.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Until we have robots that can build and maintain robots I am not sure we can say anything is free. Until then how one goes about paying for things depends on many things.
Lol, no worries I know its not as simple as that, just felt like a catchy phrase to say 🙃

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik
Forgot your password?