Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Which part is wrong? This is pretty much what the whole medical world is saying.
Minus a few facts like surface transfer and etc.
I can't tell you which parts are and are not fact but it was called out later shortly after she made the post(hours later) when someone asked where she got the source information from. She looked everything up and started to find that there were a lot of things from her post that were not right. Others also pitched in and it was found that it was alot of "Telephone" where one person says a part of the story and another tells it in their words and things become mutated. This is going to happen alot with things like this where so many people say something and it becomes "Fact" even though its not.

Reactions: Jolly_Green_Giant

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264

When we get to 280,000 deaths globaly, Covid-19 will have beaten H1N1 SARS (November 2002 in the Guangdong province of southern China ) yet another Chinese virus.
how about percentage of population i wont consider Covid-19 to beat Saars until it hits that point.

Reactions: Jolly_Green_Giant

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
When stores like Loius Vuitton are boarding up their windows, it means they feel that shit is about to get really ugly!

View attachment 15273

Hopefully its an overreaction. :(
We’re all still quite civilised, I think a lot of how this will play out depends on how the social safety net operates to support the people who have no income, and how communities pull together as the downturn extends. If people can’t afford to eat or pay their rent then what options are open to them?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't know why the automatic assumption to an epidemic is civil unrest. It's a pathogen, not a political ideology. I have seen no reports of unrest from any other country, but then other countries governments have put measures in place to make sure unrest is not required. If the government looks after its people , those who employed them to look after the country for them, there will be no problem. if it doesn't and says "you're on your own" then the population will do what the population will do even in the face of contagion.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Well, so far we have been "civil," which means that a certain percentage of morons are acting on their racist impulses...not sure where we'll be if the lack of leadership (or even worse, blaming by leadership and certain media groups) continues:

• Thump
Reactions: Aramsolari

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Well, so far we have been "civil," which means that a certain percentage of morons are acting on their racist impulses...not sure where we'll be if the lack of leadership (or even worse, blaming by leadership and certain media groups) continues:
Yeah I literally just read that. What a mess. I think it'll get worse before it gets better as the death toll rises.

Bush (to his credit) was quick to clarify that Arab Americans and Muslims in general were not to blame for 9/11. Trump doesn't have it in him to be that calming, cool voice of reason. Judging from his history of inflammatory statements, It's not in his nature. When you're the leader of a country, your every word matters. You're supposed to be the moral compass of your nation, somebody to emulate and look up to. Put it simply, the man doesn't have one.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I'd opine on this but i thought we agreed not to bring this up again.
News of Asian Americans being attacked is not the same as a debate about whether or not calling it the Chinese virus is racist and/or can lead to a slippery slope of racism to Asian Americans.

This whole thing is stupid. If arguing about calling it the Chinese virus is really the most important thing you can think about at this point in time, you energies are being misdirected.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
News of Asian Americans being attacked is not the same as a debate about whether or not calling it the Chinese virus is racist and/or can lead to a slippery slope of racism to Asian Americans.

This whole thing is stupid. If arguing about calling it the Chinese virus is really the most important thing you can think about at this point in time, you energies are being misdirected.
I was replying to Aramusha in reference to how the president is handling this. I have my opinion as well. But I thought we agreed not to talk politics.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Forgot your password?