Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
UK figures for today Sunday 5th April:

Noticeable rise in confirmed cases with 47,806 in total, slight drop in fatalities with 4,932 in total.

Chartorama05-04-20.jpg

Please note this does not include deaths outside of the hospital system. I saw a news report this morning which I can't find now which stated there was one elderly home which has had 13 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic and they suspect that they were related due to the symptoms presented - however are unable to confirm that as there were no COVID-19 tests performed on the deceased.

A government spokesman has suggested the lockdown measures could be strengthened in the face of thousands of silly bastards buggering off down the park and the seaside again this weekend.

Currently we are allowed one form of outside exercise a day however some silly bastards have been meeting up to jog en-masse and cycle en-masse defeating the point of social distancing/the lockdown.

Scotlands chief medical officer drew criticism for buggering off down their second home ("Holiday Home"?) in a display of what could be accurately described as a non-essential journey - EDIT - they have now received a police warning.

I have not seen any sign of the Prime Minister for ages so I assume he's still touched by the contagion.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
For those wanting to make a face mask, CNN has some instructions:

However, the real bonus is at the bottom, they have a link to a NASA manual on how to use a sewing machine! This is a great manual, by my Dad's definition--> it shows you how to plug the thing in!

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
For those wanting to make a face mask, CNN has some instructions:

However, the real bonus is at the bottom, they have a link to a NASA manual on how to use a sewing machine! This is a great manual, by my Dad's definition--> it shows you how to plug the thing in!
It says I have to notify SpaceShop before running any task. It also has electrical power but mine is an early 1900's model that only works on Kinetic energy...?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It says I have to notify SpaceShop before running any task. It also has electrical power but mine is an early 1900's model that only works on Kinetic energy...?
I had one of those, those are almost indestructible disregarding what a 14 year old with a screwdriver can do. If you use it to make a seam, just sew the seam twice and back stitch the width of your thumb each time a seam ends.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The UK monarch has given a special address to the nation - only the fifth time this has happened in her 68 years on the throne:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
The UK monarch has given a special address to the nation - only the fifth time this has happened in her 68 years on the throne:

I love how she ended her address with the phrase, "We'll meet Again". That's the title of a famous Vera Lynn Song during the War years. Probably meant a lot to her and her family (and indeed the whole Nation) when they were bunkering down at Windsor Castle during the Blitz. I'm not the biggest fan of Monarchies but I have a ton of respect for her. God Save The Queen.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have not seen any sign of the Prime Minister for ages so I assume he's still touched by the contagion.
My assumption was right, breaking news: PM admitted to hospital as precaution.

EDIT - More Breaking News: Scotlands chief medical officer resigns having made an non-essential journey to their holiday home.

I assume that leaves Scotland without a chief medical officer now?

Last edited:

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon

This boggles my little mind.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I suppose it was an interesting video...title was misleading as she didn't touch on the topic at all, but it does bring up points as to why elderly may not want to be put on one. Will be interesting to see the statistics of younger people put on one in the next five to ten years.

Side note: I had to put her on 1.5x playback to bearably listen to her. I used to speak that slowly and hadn't realized after moving my speech had sped up as much as it did.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Reactions: Vavrik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Given each state implements their own laws around this (and some appear to be doing very little), how accurate do you think this projection is?
Reports of over 40 Spring Breakers testing positive for Corona virus:

Not very accurate in terms of low numbers, but the shape of the curve is pretty much cast in stone for the next 2 weeks. I don't want to say what that means in terms of numbers, just to say that coulda shoulda woulda is the wrong way to manage an outbreak.

Forgot your password?