Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
China bio-engineered a virus, their OWN population (where they still have the most cases and fatalities), have it released to the rest of the world just to INFLUENCE American elections? Read that back to me and tell me that's not crazy.
How many Chinese people have been killed by their own government - https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE2.HTM

I do think so, I think they calculated the cost of their own old population would be the cost of damaging the West.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
How many Chinese people have been killed by their own government - https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE2.HTM

I do think so, I think they calculated the cost of their own old population would be the cost of damaging the West.
Yeah I'm done here. As someone of Chinese descent, you can't possibly imagine how offensive that is. This coming from someone who actually loathes the Chinese Government.

I'll stay away from this thread from now on. The sad reality of this whole sordid affair, is that the biggest beneficiary is ignorance.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Yeah I'm done here. As someone of Chinese descent, you can't possibly imagine how offensive that is. This coming from someone who actually loathes the Chinese Government.
If you are Canadian, I have no beef with you. I think questions need to be asked, hard questions after all this over. I am sorry to see that you are too sensitive for this subject.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
John Adams: "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

I'm done.

This is the third time China has done this to us. SARs, Swine Flu and Corona Virus.

• Thump

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Not fact: The "Chinese" are doing this to us on purpose because, you know, they dont care about their own parents like we do...
Not what I said... but ok... beat me up/kick me out/whatever but I care about the world, including China, but I do not trust the Chinese political class. This has happened 3x, elections of 2000, 2009 and now 2020, every 4 to 6 to 12 years should we expect this... I hope not, because Italy, Europe are impacted against this, not just Americans.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
China, I do not think you value old people but we do in the US. Good news, if there is anything the West does well, is find solutions to problems.

(Conspiracy Theory - stop reading if you do not think out of the box)
Due to the trade restrictions put on China, is it possible China decided to lighten the social load by designing a virus that kills old people? Its out there, and I do not think China has the social norms the West has developed.

This is the third time China has done this to us. SARs, Swine Flu. If you fricken do something and it does not work after the second time... STOP DOING IT, CHINA!
Has anyone credible (with a legitimate scientific/medical background) said that any of those were man made? Yes the origin is in China but China has 18% of the worlds population in an area the size approximately the same size as the US, if a new disease appears in the world its not unreasonable for it to appear where a good chunk of the people are.

Reading nefarious intent into nature is sloppy thinking. Remember kids, correlation does not equal causation.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
My sister told me shes out of work. Shes a waitress at a Sushi restaurant, or was apparently. She lives with her boyfriend who works IT for the government, so shes taken care of. Hes not losing his job anytime soon. Next door neighbor owns a lot of the houses / apartments around me, told me when him and his wife were walking their dog that hes not sure his tenants are going to be able to pay him rent, which in turn means he cant pay his mortgage. And were both just like, yeah there aint shit we can do.

Also, I sent my Primary care Doc (his nurse) a message over the VA system telling them my symptoms and how ive been feeling and that im sorry for taking up their time, but my aunt was worried and wanted me to get checked out. Within minutes I had correspondence, it was forwarded to the doc and eventually a call in to the pharmacy for meds. Was told if it gets severe theyll start antibiotics, but for now they think its viral, and dealing with allergies because i just went through something similar a month ago. Very quick easy process and didnt have to leave my chair. Ive been to enough doc appointments to know that you dont need to go in person for everything.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Next door neighbor owns a lot of the houses / apartments around me, told me when him and his wife were walking their dog that hes not sure his tenants are going to be able to pay him rent, which in turn means he cant pay his mortgage. And were both just like, yeah there aint shit we can do.
That is the big economic risk here.

Sure, a $1000 check might help a little, but there are going to be thousands of people not able to pay rent and mortgages now.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
The stock market cant make up its mind to either just crash or go up lol i keep asking myself every day "Are we there yet?" I'm so glad i pulled out when i did it saved me so much freaken money. To be honest i think we have only begun everyone is starting to telework in the states people are scared to goto work, to the store, out to eat etc. to see the market lose 3000 points in one day that was like a once in a lifetime event right there. even the media is trying to make it seem like OH the market is good now put your money back in!!!! because they want to save their own money from being lost anymore and get out at a higher note. I'm not falling for that BS i'm going to wait this out even if i get no gains.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The stock market cant make up its mind to either just crash or go up lol i keep asking myself every day "Are we there yet?"
There is an entire generation of investors and traders who have never seen a bear market.

This is not the financial crash of 2008 where all we had to do was bail out the banks.

This time around its not going to be a V-bottom.

Even if you miss the absolute bottom, there will be plenty of time to add to positions on the way up when we get to the other side of this.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
There is an entire generation of investors and traders who have never seen a bear market.

This is not the financial crash of 2008 where all we had to do was bail out the banks.

This time around its not going to be a V-bottom.

Even if you miss the absolute bottom, there will be plenty of time to add to positions on the way up when we get to the other side of this.
Well stated stock brokers must be having a hayday with this roller coaster of a market atm. I dont have the balls to even attempt that nonsense lol. one thing i have noticed though is Crypto is following the market a bit when crypto was tanking the market tanked directly after then when it did good for a day the market did good that day also. So I'm curious to watch how closely the 2 are at predicting each other.

Forgot your password?