Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Well.

Well well well...

This is... interesting. To say the least.

Some thoughts after a little bit of playing this absolutely new game... because it has changed. A LOT!

First, the most important thing: the player character nudity mod still works just fine after the patch! No reinstall or update was needed.

Apart from a very annoying graphical glitch (I had none before), everything seems to be running smoothly, a lot of things especially characters look way more crisp than before, with seemingly zero impact on my framerate. Mind you, if you couldn't run the game at a decent pace with the patch before this, don't expect miracles, this probably won't fix it.

The skill trees... wow. What a change! It is all meaningful now! Instead of wanting almost non of the skills as before, I want to have almost all of em now! Everything seems really useful!
One thing I'm not sure I like is how it's tiered now. You unlock the next tier at every 5 perk! points spent. So unless you get 20 into let's say Body, you can't reach the top tier perks. So having 11 Body doesn't give you anything apart from a slight stat boost compared to 10. You need 15 to unlock the next tier up.
Almost forgot, you can remove and add skill points (not perk points still) at your leisure. I didn't seem to notice any cost associated with that, but maybe that was just a one time thing? Anyways, it looks like you can play around with your skill whenever you feel like it, one by one, no need for a full reset.

Healing and usables (grenades) have changed significantly! Limited charges on a timer, no spamming frags or heals anymore. I'll miss the grenade spam, but there are a bunch of skills that can mitigate this along with implants! The "upside" is, at least in theory, you don't need to craft, buy, or loot them anymore, unless it's a new variant, or higher tier version. And this leads us to

The Item Tier system. WTF happened here? I'm not sure yet how this is supposed to work, as during my brief playtime at lvl50 the only drops I got were either T5 or T4. It seems like items lost their level, and are now just tiered by how good they are? Do they level up with you, or leveling doesn't even make a difference in this case? Dunno

Armor. Clothing as Armor is gone. Clothing does literally nothing apart from how much it hides your boobs. I did find one Arasaka Ammo Vest that increased my reload speed by some small percent. I'm guessing these bonuses will be only present on freshly created clothing items as my current wardrobe has no stats on any of it.

Cyberware. Now it get's interesting! You have a limit on how many points worth of cyber stuff you can implant in yourself without ill effects. I'm yet to reach the limit (cos skills, and as many "old" cyber mods were simply deleted out of my character and I didn't have the cash to rebuy the new versions). But it's here where you can gain back the armor you lost on clothes by installing certain cyberware in certain slots. It's neat and more logical than having a ball gown beat out a "nano-cyberpoly-unobtanium armored vest". Also there's a much larger selection and they do a lot more than before. And I mean by a shitton more. Just as an example, the most bestest eye aug did basically nothing apart from showing maybe grenade trajectory with the right mods. Now having a T5 version of that highlights enemies, even behind walls while you scan, marks turrets and cams for you, and also adds X points of RAM depending on how much Int you got, and also has 3 other small stat bonuses.
I really like this change!
What I don't like so much is that I've seemingly lost all the "mods" for my cyberware? Gotta check that again, been a while since I last played. One thing I'm pretty sure I lost, the moddable damage on my mantis blades and monowire. I've been reset to a standard wire and blade, and I've seen different damage type blades for sale.

Crafting. Well, my last playthrough I went for 20 Tech for the highest tier crafting. This is totally gone now. I have no idea if there are any stat/skill prerequisites for crafting anymore as the Tech tree is now about explosive attacks, cyberware (with Edgrerunner as one of the ultimate skills), and basic health regen at the bottom. So, it seems like the many types of crafting resources were consolidated into 5 tiers. No more seperate upgrade items and crafting items. I think. I have shitton of all of em so didn't really notice. One other nice change is that when you have a cyberware installed that can be upgraded, you can do it directly through the cyberware menu. This increases it's stat bonuses and you can even chose a different set of minor bonuses.

Vendors finally carry measurable amounts of money This may or may not be because of a mod I had installed.
I'm guessing here, but it seems like vendors at lvl50 almsot exclusively carry T5 (orange) items. Buying a simple shotgun costs like a 100k now, so I'm not sure I'm a fan of this system, but it probably won't matter much as by this point you already know what guns you like and won't need any of their stuff.

Driving is Fixed now! No seriously, cars finally have some grip (maybe even a bit too much), and can actually stop from 10mph to 0 in less then 5 miles. It feels much less of an issue to drive than before. The only strange thing that bothers me is that on crashing, my car just stops. As in right where it hit a wall. No bounce back, no flying, nothing. Dead stop. Weird.
One nice addition is that you can buy cars via the net on you home pc or through kiosks spread around the city. No more having to travel, you can grab a ride sight unseen, just like you'd do on FB marketplace lol.
I haven't tried vehicle combat yet.
Oh, and hitting pedestrians seems to be improved as well, better more consistent ragdolls now.

Police! The fiveoooh is there, patrolling the streets, and they will try to chase you, they will look for you. I only had a 1 star rating as I wanted to see a lot more of the game first before I get into a MaxTac fight, but it was already way better. I could see the police presence on the map, their detection circles, and I could run away easily froma one star, without them spawning on my head whenever I stopped for a breather.

Weapons haven't changed much, but some do look different. There are also new attachments, and they do different things. A lot of them have a negative offset to their positive effect, so you'll have to think about if it's worth attaching that particular muzzle break to that particular gun.

Just as a closing thought as nothing else comes to ming for now:
After playing a 120 hours of Starfield, it was refreshing to jump back into a world where people look and move like you'd expect (most of the time atleast). I spent like a whole minute just looking at a rando ('s ass) walking by, it looks and feels sooooo much better than that game ever will.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Well.

Well well well...

This is... interesting. To say the least.

Some thoughts after a little bit of playing this absolutely new game... because it has changed. A LOT!

First, the most important thing: the player character nudity mod still works just fine after the patch! No reinstall or update was needed.

Apart from a very annoying graphical glitch (I had none before), everything seems to be running smoothly, a lot of things especially characters look way more crisp than before, with seemingly zero impact on my framerate. Mind you, if you couldn't run the game at a decent pace with the patch before this, don't expect miracles, this probably won't fix it.

The skill trees... wow. What a change! It is all meaningful now! Instead of wanting almost non of the skills as before, I want to have almost all of em now! Everything seems really useful!
One thing I'm not sure I like is how it's tiered now. You unlock the next tier at every 5 perk! points spent. So unless you get 20 into let's say Body, you can't reach the top tier perks. So having 11 Body doesn't give you anything apart from a slight stat boost compared to 10. You need 15 to unlock the next tier up.
Almost forgot, you can remove and add skill points (not perk points still) at your leisure. I didn't seem to notice any cost associated with that, but maybe that was just a one time thing? Anyways, it looks like you can play around with your skill whenever you feel like it, one by one, no need for a full reset.

Healing and usables (grenades) have changed significantly! Limited charges on a timer, no spamming frags or heals anymore. I'll miss the grenade spam, but there are a bunch of skills that can mitigate this along with implants! The "upside" is, at least in theory, you don't need to craft, buy, or loot them anymore, unless it's a new variant, or higher tier version. And this leads us to

The Item Tier system. WTF happened here? I'm not sure yet how this is supposed to work, as during my brief playtime at lvl50 the only drops I got were either T5 or T4. It seems like items lost their level, and are now just tiered by how good they are? Do they level up with you, or leveling doesn't even make a difference in this case? Dunno

Armor. Clothing as Armor is gone. Clothing does literally nothing apart from how much it hides your boobs. I did find one Arasaka Ammo Vest that increased my reload speed by some small percent. I'm guessing these bonuses will be only present on freshly created clothing items as my current wardrobe has no stats on any of it.

Cyberware. Now it get's interesting! You have a limit on how many points worth of cyber stuff you can implant in yourself without ill effects. I'm yet to reach the limit (cos skills, and as many "old" cyber mods were simply deleted out of my character and I didn't have the cash to rebuy the new versions). But it's here where you can gain back the armor you lost on clothes by installing certain cyberware in certain slots. It's neat and more logical than having a ball gown beat out a "nano-cyberpoly-unobtanium armored vest". Also there's a much larger selection and they do a lot more than before. And I mean by a shitton more. Just as an example, the most bestest eye aug did basically nothing apart from showing maybe grenade trajectory with the right mods. Now having a T5 version of that highlights enemies, even behind walls while you scan, marks turrets and cams for you, and also adds X points of RAM depending on how much Int you got, and also has 3 other small stat bonuses.
I really like this change!
What I don't like so much is that I've seemingly lost all the "mods" for my cyberware? Gotta check that again, been a while since I last played. One thing I'm pretty sure I lost, the moddable damage on my mantis blades and monowire. I've been reset to a standard wire and blade, and I've seen different damage type blades for sale.

Crafting. Well, my last playthrough I went for 20 Tech for the highest tier crafting. This is totally gone now. I have no idea if there are any stat/skill prerequisites for crafting anymore as the Tech tree is now about explosive attacks, cyberware (with Edgrerunner as one of the ultimate skills), and basic health regen at the bottom. So, it seems like the many types of crafting resources were consolidated into 5 tiers. No more seperate upgrade items and crafting items. I think. I have shitton of all of em so didn't really notice. One other nice change is that when you have a cyberware installed that can be upgraded, you can do it directly through the cyberware menu. This increases it's stat bonuses and you can even chose a different set of minor bonuses.

Vendors finally carry measurable amounts of money This may or may not be because of a mod I had installed.
I'm guessing here, but it seems like vendors at lvl50 almsot exclusively carry T5 (orange) items. Buying a simple shotgun costs like a 100k now, so I'm not sure I'm a fan of this system, but it probably won't matter much as by this point you already know what guns you like and won't need any of their stuff.

Driving is Fixed now! No seriously, cars finally have some grip (maybe even a bit too much), and can actually stop from 10mph to 0 in less then 5 miles. It feels much less of an issue to drive than before. The only strange thing that bothers me is that on crashing, my car just stops. As in right where it hit a wall. No bounce back, no flying, nothing. Dead stop. Weird.
One nice addition is that you can buy cars via the net on you home pc or through kiosks spread around the city. No more having to travel, you can grab a ride sight unseen, just like you'd do on FB marketplace lol.
I haven't tried vehicle combat yet.
Oh, and hitting pedestrians seems to be improved as well, better more consistent ragdolls now.

Police! The fiveoooh is there, patrolling the streets, and they will try to chase you, they will look for you. I only had a 1 star rating as I wanted to see a lot more of the game first before I get into a MaxTac fight, but it was already way better. I could see the police presence on the map, their detection circles, and I could run away easily froma one star, without them spawning on my head whenever I stopped for a breather.

Weapons haven't changed much, but some do look different. There are also new attachments, and they do different things. A lot of them have a negative offset to their positive effect, so you'll have to think about if it's worth attaching that particular muzzle break to that particular gun.

Just as a closing thought as nothing else comes to ming for now:
After playing a 120 hours of Starfield, it was refreshing to jump back into a world where people look and move like you'd expect (most of the time atleast). I spent like a whole minute just looking at a rando ('s ass) walking by, it looks and feels sooooo much better than that game ever will.
Im dreading starting a new character, I had my last corpo playthrough exactly how I wanted it, but now it seems like its a better idea to start from the beginning.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Im dreading starting a new character, I had my last corpo playthrough exactly how I wanted it, but now it seems like its a better idea to start from the beginning.
Yep, same here.

Maybe I'll do it during Christmas break, I don't remember seeing anything else coming out this year that would fill out that season for me.

Reactions: Bambooza

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
I have finally finished downloading the offline install files (99.3G in size) and can't wait to play this game again. after about a month of sanic mode anime mech game (AKA Armored Core 6), I can definitely use an excuse to tear myself away from that giant mountain of fun.

altho I'm sure I'll get back to anime mechs before long.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
There are way more bugs then on release, no joke.
For me the game was basically bug free upon release (I don't count a couple of Tposing pedestrians standing on a table over 100 hour playthrough as a bug) and I've been saying that with every patch it got worse. 1.9 or whatever the one before this was seemed to have resolved almost all issues again, apart from worse graphics cos "optimized", but now... oh boy.

I had pillars holding up a highway popping in just a single meter in front of me so I crashed into one.. then another, bodies are unlootable a lot (every 1 out 6 or 7 ish), bodies keep getting "cleaned up" along with their loot as clsoe as interaction distance, sometimes traffic just keeps stopping whenever you get closer than like 10 meters to them, civilians run towards the middle of the gunfight and get despawned mid run, item markers don't appear.. and ofc all the weird Ai behaviour is still there, from shooting at me from behind a full height wall with a standard pistol, to simply phasing through cars they were using as cover just a moment ago.
As on both of my characters I have finished cleaning up the map of any marked content, I can't say if these activities/gigs are working or not.

I went around Pacifica Beach to do some clean up of my own, it's fairly easy hunting ground if you are short on cash. There are a lot of larger groups that can be dismantled by a single grenade. Or at least as I'm specced into Tech/explosives, I could do it fast n easy. I gotta give credit where it's due, the new skill tree and how the usable items like the grenades refresh seems to be balanced alright. I can only throw 3 at a time but they pack a decent punch.

I'm playing on the one below hardest difficulty (Hard? I think) and I still occasionally get tagged so hard my second heart has to kick in. Firefights feel a lot more frantic, the enemy finally learned how to properly throw a grenade so you actually have to move now (or at least it feels like I should, I'm yet to be hit by a nade, I think...). They seem to move around a bit more, but mostly from cover to cover. Still, there are less of em just standing out in the open or bumrushing you.

Finally gave a try to the police update.
It works! You can go full on GTA mode now. I managed to get to 4 stars before I really really had to just run for it. Got into a random shitbox, some tiny van thing and sent it. It was fun! They couldn't really catch up, they didn't really try to ram me off the road like in GTA, and there usually weren't more than 2-3 pursuing vehicles, but I think that's a good balance. Driving in this game is still kinda sloppy, so not having to deal with 7 police cars all crashing into you at the same time is fair play. I haven't noticed any police cars spawning into side streets just so they can suprise ram you at the next intersection, which again, I think lends more immersion and playability than GTA's version. They set up a bunch of roadblocks that were kinda effective in the mid town parts like corpo plaza, but fairly useless once I got to the more open parts of pacifica.
The vehicle combat is a lot of fun, especially with the hand cannon that is the comrade's hammer (single shot explody boy). Shooting that thing into the drivers seat of a cop car usually took care of the problem and looked and felt great. Now only if we could customize the rides...
Anyways, basically I got chased out of the city. Police presence down south at the end of Pacifica was waaay less dense than in corpo plaza where I started out, although still much heavier than I would think it should be in a lawless place like that. At one point, still in the city, there were like 30 cops gunning for me! I managed to survive by blowing up a group of like 8-10 cops as they were trying to get closer to me. It was quiet the show!
After a while during the car chase , the car lit up in flames and stopped wroking so I had to run for it and made my way to the edge of the map, on the beach. I got extremely lucky, as two guys in black armor walked towards me, my wanted level finally dropped to zero. They had me cornered there, edge of the map in one direction, water and the wall on my sides, and then they just turned around, holstered their weapons and left.

TLDR.: this release is really buggy. for me. Police update is close to GTA, vehicle combat is fun with the right weapons.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Can't wait to return to Night City.
Been wading through SC for a while now and while it's got it's highlights the main story just draaaags on...
Trying to finish that tonight so that tomorrow on release I can... err... play the patching game?
Oh well, it's gonna be worth it. I presume... :like:

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
No bugs here (i7 & Nvidia RTX on latest drivers)
Starfield has to wait -- I launched CP2077 just to check what's new in 2.0; it's been few days now and I'm still playing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyberpunk2077 2023-09-25 23-49-35.png

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Well...I just got back from a work/union convention. Between that and a new kid, haven't had the chance to fire it up yet.

Question for you guys is....continue with my original playthrough(s) or fire up a new V?

• o7
Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Well...I just got back from a work/union convention. Between that and a new kid, haven't had the chance to fire it up yet.

Question for you guys is....continue with my original playthrough(s) or fire up a new V?
New V will play through the first 2hrs, then after all that is done, you got the notification to visit Dog Town.

Or you get to start lvl 15 and go right into the DLC.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

I'm a couple hours in, like 10 maybe although I like to take my time with these games so dunno about how much I actually progressed.
I went with my lvl50 techie, playing on hard. I don't know how it would work with a new character, but if your save is past the voodoo boys chain, you can go to Dogtown right away. If it's not, you'll have to do that first, at least that's what I've seen on stream.

No spoilers here if I just state that I really dig Idris Elba's character. My only complaint would be that his line delivery comes off a little too flat sometimes, too similar to Johnny's. Other than that, ignoring the odd slumped posture he takes on in some convos cos he is a head higher than everyone else, I'm loving it so far!

The new part of the city feels like a whole other world, the amount of detail they crammed into it is really awesome and very immersive. The walled off limited play space is actually kind of a nice change, there's tons of verticality to it so it's much more room than it seems, yet you can learn where everythings at real fast.
The Barghest color scheme is dope af, I want all my guns in that now!

The bugs I posted about previously are almost all gone, with the very rare occasion of unlootable enemies still present, and sometimes they can seemingly shoot through walls and stuff with standard pistols, but that might just be because of the difficulty setting simultaing them using tech weapons. They do use a lot more grenades, are more agressive, and can actually hurt you on Hard, even fully chromed up to a 1000+ armor, so fighting groups of them isn't just the pushover it used to be.

One really annoying new bug for me though, is that whenever I go into a menu like inventory or map, upon exiting back out, the game lags like hell for 5 seconds at least, and it gets worse sometimes to the point where my framerate won't even recover. Otherwise it runs fine at 60+ fps in all locations regardless of whats on screen. Restarting the game solves this issue for a while. Maybe it's because I'm running nvidia scaling (set in the driver, wasn't an issue before) so I can do 1440p on my 1080p monitor, or maybe it's because I updated my graphics drivers to the latest. Dunno. But it's annoying, especially when swtiching out weapons in the middle of a fight and then wathcing a stop motion animation of em running up to me and gunning me down...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I've seen the end credits roll.
Holy shit, this was like a whole game in itself!
CDPR did good, it's up there with the Witcher3's DLCs, and I don't think praise can get much higher than that when it comes to DLC. For me, it was well worth the cost.

I bet this was one of the scripts for the main story before they rewrote the whole thing for Johnny. I've spent 35+ hours in the game so far and barely done a few side gigs, it's a proper full storyline, not just a couple of extra quests. It's like having a real branching narrative, and this is another path you can take through the entire game.
Also I haven't played through the after credits quests yet, so I'd hazard that it's a good 40 hour playthrough if you take your time, read the notes you find, use the flavor dialogue options and overall you don't just rush through the whole thing on urinalist difficulty level.

On the flip side though, I discovered a more serious bug that is just not willing to fix itself with a simple reload:
I can not shoot my guns while in a car anymore. No matter how and in what situation I'm trying to have a gun in hand, I can't. So, no vehicle combat for me doesn't really work right now.

Who the fuck thought that putting Alien:Isolation into my Cyberpunk shooter was a good idea???? ffs I hate horror games, even if they are done really well like this one. My heart was in my throat the whole time. Except for when it wasn't done well. I almost gave up after it bugged out on two occasions, but such is life when your gameplay depends so heavily on repeating scripted events...
I'm def not gonna replay the endings because I'm not spending another 2hours per run on that.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I just started my playthrough a couple days ago (first time, ever), and HOLY COW! This game is awesome!

It's taking me some time to get used to everything and figure out the skills & perks system; I can see this is going to demand multiple playthrough's because of the depth and variety of what you can do. Normally, once I beat a game, I'm done with it, but this will be an exception.

My only criticisms are a) the AI, while fairly decent, gets really goofy at times, and b) the driving is pretty klunky...the AI drivers could potentially be worse than the drivers I encounter IRL, who drive while texting...I'm wondering why the driving and AI was better in Lego City: Undercover (ha ha, but not really...).

But that those complaints are minor. Overally, this is the game to play, right now. Don't worry SC, I'll come back to you!

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I watched someone's playthrough because at a significant moment they chose differently to me, and the DLC's endgame was very very different for them, like totally different, not just the same missions with different dialogue. I'm not regretting my choice though, I think it was way more of a unique and fitting experience than theirs, even if I disliked the unique game mechanic.

There are apparently 4 different "routes" that basically lead to a new choice and thus real ending once you reach the full game's last mission, or at least that's what I was told. I've yet to see mine through, maybe later this week I'll have the time.

So yeah, I really enjoyed this. As a bit of a negative, I'd say is that CDPR was pushing this as a full on spy thriller, even the theme/ending song is like a Bond main title, while there was very little of it in the actual gameplay. There were like 3 main missions I'd count as spy stuff, not just a regular fps mission.
Also it was rather predictable. Not a problem really, good consistent character writing will make these things obvious down the line, but I was expecting a twist at the end that kinda almost came true, seemed like they would but they didn't go there.* It would have added a lot higher stakes, some serious lore explanation, and a possibility for more story later...

I expected Song to be a Blackwall AI all along, integrated into her like Johnny into us. Wheter as a weapon made on purpose(whihc was implied) or just by mistake, either way it would have made things more interesting. Also there was a very very slight hint, a couple of words, that going Cyberpsycho is the Blackwall AIs taking over. Would've made a nice little explanations to what's happening and could have tied into the original cypsy missions, maybe adding 1-2 more to look into secret research or something on the matter for Regina. Anyways, there was potential in this that would have fit the universe way more than the "I'm just a poor girl who overdone it" thing we got.

But we already know this was the last bit of Cyberpunk 2077 content we are getting, which is kinda sad considering how much more they could add into this universe.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
There are apparently 4 different "routes" that basically lead to a new choice and thus real ending once you reach the full game's last mission, or at least that's what I was told. I've yet to see mine through, maybe later this week I'll have the time.
I bought a guide to Cyberpunk right before they announced the 2.0 version...basically, that was the original game. I haven't examined the flow charts in any detail (because I don't want any spoilers), but there were about 4 different "routes" to the main game, that gave you different endings. So, for all the different missions and side-jobs, gigs, etc., you were basically funneled down only about 4 paths. I don't think that really was that bad, but there are definitely limits to how "limitless" any game universe is.

I was kind of bummed, because I did one of the first missions kind of "off-track" and then couldn't contact one of the NPC's (because that led to their death)...but essentially, it didn't lead to any real difference in the main story, if that made any sense.

My only real bummer is that the dialog choices don't really seem to lead to much differences, but maybe I haven't played far enough into the game.

Also, to the people who have played & finished, check out the original vid from 10+ years ago...did this match your play experience expectations? Or was it just a tease to get you excited? lol
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

Forgot your password?