Cyclone

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Okay i'm confused now... well, more so than usual anyway...

In my previous post I indicated that i had seen it on sale at 32GBP but it suddenly jumped to 38.40GBP for no apparent reason before I could buy... At that time I looked at the USD price - 40USD. My GBP was basically $10 more no way was a buying that nonsense...

So this morning with a plan to buy in USD, I come to the site and the USD price has now changed too:

View attachment 7056

I swear I saw this was on sale at $40 yesterday while the GBP price was and still is £38.40 ($49 bucks) after being £32 ($40)... May I ask, how much did you guys pay for your buggies? Did 'yall pay $48?
I paid $40 USD.
Well, that explains it.

They must have forgotten to add the VAT when I saw it. So they don't have any kind of sales tax in the US? It really is the land of the free :slight_smile:
No sales tax on online purchases here in Canada. I'm PMing you.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What if I buy it for you, you Paypal the money, and I transfer it ? Do you want to do that?
Hi, thanks for the kind offer, i'd be melting old stuff on this occasion so no need.

EDIT - or I would but all this confusion and the fact it'd need $60 store credit i think i'll be leaving this one be this time.

Last edited:

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
I think it might fit in the Cutlass. I really like the idea of an RN for planetary exploration in areas that a ship can go. Iḿ going to hold back though and buy in-game.
I was thinking the same thing.

I went ahead and grabbed a Nox to have some small land craft to drive around, but cheaper vehicles like this shouldn't take long to earn in game.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
CIG doesn't charge sales tax on anything, even the merchandise (or at least not the T-shirts, which I used to test this anyway). I'm not surprised that there's no tax on ships because we're not actually BUYING anything, just pledging money to CIG. Not sure what the law says about online purchases and sales tax, but I'm glad that they don't make us bother with it.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
CIG doesn't charge sales tax on anything, even the merchandise (or at least not the T-shirts, which I used to test this anyway). I'm not surprised that there's no tax on ships because we're not actually BUYING anything, just pledging money to CIG. Not sure what the law says about online purchases and sales tax, but I'm glad that they don't make us bother with it.
I'm sorry to say that this is false. They will charge the Texas sales tax(8.5%) just like any other state that has something similar. They charge VAT for Euro purchases as well.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Okay, got myself the race version this morning part-paid by a melted Dragonfly. I don't plan to race as i don't in any of my race ships, but what is the point of taking time to get anywhere in a video game?

I am going to be mighty steamed when they bring in a speed limit in populated areas planet side...

Now all I have to do is work out how to invert the contact point on those wheel hubs from the bottom to the top so i've got me a Monster Truck

Forgot your password?