Cyclone

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Okay i'm confused now... well, more so than usual anyway...

In my previous post I indicated that i had seen it on sale at 32GBP but it suddenly jumped to 38.40GBP for no apparent reason before I could buy... At that time I looked at the USD price - 40USD. My GBP was basically $10 more no way was a buying that nonsense...

So this morning with a plan to buy in USD, I come to the site and the USD price has now changed too:

Screenshot from 2017-07-21 07-29-50.png

I swear I saw this was on sale at $40 yesterday while the GBP price was and still is £38.40 ($49 bucks) after being £32 ($40)... May I ask, how much did you guys pay for your buggies? Did 'yall pay $48?

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

In my previous post I indicated that i had seen it on sale at 32GBP but it suddenly jumped to 38.40GBP for no apparent reason before I could buy... At that time I looked at the USD price - 40USD. My GBP was basically $10 more no way was a buying that nonsense...

So this morning with a plan to buy in USD, I come to the site and the USD price has now changed too:

View attachment 7056

I swear I saw this was on sale at $40 yesterday while the GBP price was and still is £38.40 ($49 bucks) after being £32 ($40)... May I ask, how much did you guys pay for your buggies? Did 'yall pay $48?
If I set region to US, then I must pay $40, if I set region to EU, then I may pay $48. 21% tax in EU

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If I set region to US, then I must pay $40, if I set region to EU, then I may pay $48. 21% tax in EU
Well, that explains it.

They must have forgotten to add the VAT when I saw it. So they don't have any kind of sales tax in the US? It really is the land of the free :-)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Well, that explains it.

They must have forgotten to add the VAT when I saw it. So they don't have any kind of sales tax in the US? It really is the land of the free :slight_smile:
If I understand it correctly then the tax is payed at the end of the year?

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well I am not surprised it was a ground vehicle, planet tech is something they are proud of. Now that being said how many do people need since an awful lot of ships will not be able to transport even the smallest of them. Currently I have 3 2 dragonflys and a Nox, whilst the cyclone does seem more capable than both it is also bigger to fit in a ship as well. This sale seems very much targeted at people with big ships and I am a little surprised that anyone would want 5!

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well I am not surprised it was a ground vehicle, planet tech is something they are proud of. Now that being said how many do people need since an awful lot of ships will not be able to transport even the smallest of them. Currently I have 3 2 dragonflys and a Nox, whilst the cyclone does seem more capable than both it is also bigger to fit in a ship as well. This sale seems very much targeted at people with big ships and I am a little surprised that anyone would want 5!
That is just the thing most do not realize they will not be able to fly all that far in their single seat ships since most of them are not jump capable so the need of bigger ship for longer distances is a most in the end, with bigger ship you have more room for possible other vehicles... ;)

Just my 2 cent, But then you can not have to many ships or vehicles

Cheers :beers:

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff

View attachment 7056

What if I buy it for you, you Paypal the money, and I transfer it ? Do you want to do that?

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I'm trying to imagine what someone would do with all 5 of these things. Like, the base first followed by the turret, then the recon and AA bringing up the rear, with the racer being the outrider? But then the recon can't see directly ahead or behind, but you put it up front and it gets shot up too easily. I don't know, maybe just get the single one? OK, how about everybody get the turreted one so we can play Verse of Tanks.
Tanks!

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
We do have sales taxes but not on everything. Lots of online purchases have no sales tax.
Sales taxes in U.S. are determined by state/county
Oregon has no sales tax.
Washington has sales tax.. but the amount varies slightly from county to county.. but Washington has no income tax.
There are lots more examples.. many places that do have sales tax do not charge (yet) sales tax for online purchases.
Don't think about it too much... its taxing...

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Sales taxes in U.S. are determined by state/county
Oregon has no sales tax.
Washington has sales tax.. but the amount varies slightly from county to county.. but Washington has no income tax.
There are lots more examples.. many places that do have sales tax do not charge (yet) sales tax for online purchases.
Don't think about it too much... its taxing...
I just gave the shorter answer :P

Forgot your password?