D.S.E.T. - Deep Space Exploration Testies

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Please sign me up. I am a Rock Raider and would love to explore to help Test out overall. Find new resources, discover new jump points so we can explore/exploit new star systems for their resources, etc. I see a great synergy that can be utilized between DSET and Rock Raiders.

I would love to crew on someone's ship, or help out with one of my own.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I've got a DUR & a 600i Explorer at the ready to explore the cosmos with the wonderful TESTies. Perhaps I'm a bit bonkers due to the time here atm, but for some reason I'm imagining the launch of the game having all of us that are looking to explore, teaming up & then scattering out across the available Verse in all directions at the same time for us to scan as much of space as possible before the majority of other players & orgs. Then us using the knowledge we gather to benefit TEST Squadron functions for the foreseeable future afterwards. I would almost feel sorry for the servers at CIG should this mass exploration happen with us. CIG might paraphrase a line from JAWS with, "I know we're going to need bigger server farms."

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I've got a DUR & a 600i Explorer at the ready to explore the cosmos with the wonderful TESTies. Perhaps I'm a bit bonkers due to the time here atm, but for some reason I'm imagining the launch of the game having all of us that are looking to explore, teaming up & then scattering out across the available Verse in all directions at the same time for us to scan as much of space as possible before the majority of other players & orgs. Then us using the knowledge we gather to benefit TEST Squadron functions for the foreseeable future afterwards. I would almost feel sorry for the servers at CIG should this mass exploration happen with us. CIG might paraphrase a line from JAWS with, "I know we're going to need bigger server farms."
It will most likely be that way, everyone grouping up in teams with others then shooting off across the stars in the beginning. This is why I hope we have a very good beacon system so we can leave trails behind us for fellow explorers. These initial charts we create and paths we find will be the first huge milestone in exploring in the game, and I personally believe exploring will have one of the most if not greatest impact on the game as we know it. We have been told only about 10% of the verse will be known to us and even then the places we know will not be fully known to us because it is not in our space.

After all the initial crazed "space race" I see us getting more organized with our newly found data and people will find others with the same interests in the different fields of exploration. This is where i hope people find those long time friendships (new gaming buddies). That said I will be kind of relying on you first guys a lot, since you will all be the first out there and day one players you all will end up being teachers to new players or those new to exploring at some point. So savor the newb feeling in the beginning well it lasts haha ;) I really want us to all have fun and get into all kinds of shenanigans out there!

P.S. At this time there is no known cure for space herpes, please keep that in mind when you find truck stops out there ;)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
It will most likely be that way, everyone grouping up in teams with others then shooting off across the stars in the beginning. This is why I hope we have a very good beacon system so we can leave trails behind us for fellow explorers. These initial charts we create and paths we find will be the first huge milestone in exploring in the game, and I personally believe exploring will have one of the most if not greatest impact on the game as we know it. We have been told only about 10% of the verse will be known to us and even then the places we know will not be fully known to us because it is not in our space.

After all the initial crazed "space race" I see us getting more organized with our newly found data and people will find others with the same interests in the different fields of exploration. This is where i hope people find those long time friendships (new gaming buddies). That said I will be kind of relying on you first guys a lot, since you will all be the first out there and day one players you all will end up being teachers to new players or those new to exploring at some point. So savor the newb feeling in the beginning well it lasts haha ;) I really want us to all have fun and get into all kinds of shenanigans out there!

P.S. At this time there is no known cure for space herpes, please keep that in mind when you find truck stops out there ;)
I understand & agree entirely. I've been among the 1st to test & explore a few games in the past. I do also think that we as an org will have some initial knowledge of the layouts of the Verse before we get started officially due to CIG allowing us to help flush out the field of exploration before SC's official launch.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I understand & agree entirely. I've been among the 1st to test & explore a few games in the past. I do also think that we as an org will have some initial knowledge of the layouts of the Verse before we get started officially due to CIG allowing us to help flush out the field of exploration before SC's official launch.
Yeah :D I dont want to make it all seem like a job but at the same time we will also be responsible for helping mold how the game unfolds and also new players.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The way I see things atm, with things to explore that will be in various ranges, there are opportunities for players to use all sorts of exploration ships. So nobody should feel left out of the fun no matter if they want to explore on their own or as part of a crew. God I love how amazing this game is flushing out to become.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
God bless all the explorers, finding all that good stuff for me to steal
How would it count as you stealing it if many of us would be letting you know where to show up to collect valuables that we find & have to leave behind? Case in point, if I pour a large beer & then offer it to you to enjoy, did you steal the beer from me? ;p Cheers! :beers:

Forgot your password?