Damage research required (for next event/operation)

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
Rotation time of Daymar is approximately 2:28. From sunrise to sunset is approximately 1:14. I selected a point on the equator of Daymar. The North pole is at OM6, the south pole is at OM3. OM1 and OM4 are on opposite sides of the planet, OM2 and OM5 are also on the opposite sides.
I picked a point underneath OM2, OM1 pointing westward, OM4 pointing eastward (where the sun comes from)
21:50 sunrise, 22:27 noon, 23:04 sunset, 00:18 sunrise again.
Oxygen supply when not moving is much longer then daylight. After 1:45 my oxygen supply was at 0%

I must rephrase my previous statement, instead of 4 hours you have 1:14 hours.

An event surely will take longer then 37 minutes :grin:
I nominate you for the "Patient Sunrise Observer" medal :D so yeah, back to the "have ships/rovers for O2 resupply spread out" debate. I think that's also more reasonable, if you think about it how often will there be fighting in the open with only rocks for cover that the defenders will be holding for a long period of time?

I have a proposal for the next event of ## VS ## , instead of having attacker vs defender, make it a team death-match where both teams deploy at the same time from ships into the same area (or both teams attack the same outpost). On that note, I don't think I heard of TEST doing an event like this in the security station (forgot the name... the one you go to in order to lower crime stat?) that would solve the O2 and light issues... just throwing it out there.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
"have ships/rovers for O2 resupply spread out" debate. I think that's also more reasonable, if you think about it how often will there be fighting in the open with only rocks for cover that the defenders will be holding for a long period of time?
The problem isn't that there is fighting in the open for a long time. The problem is that defenders get ready and wait for the attackers, and wait... and wait... and oops shit, the light goes out and oops crap, the oxygen starts to get low.

The problem with this kind of event is that the defenders are aware of an incoming attack, so they prepare way ahead of time. The attackers are aware that the defenders are waiting for them, so instead of swiftly drop down and spread out, the attackers try to sneak from an unsuspected angle.

instead of having attacker vs defender, make it a team death-match where both teams deploy at the same time from ships into the same area
That would solve the prepare and wait problem.

On that note, I don't think I heard of TEST doing an event like this in the security station (forgot the name... the one you go to in order to lower crime stat?)
SPK or Security Post Kareah. Of course we did events like this, but not specific. It was just one scenario for Combat Flight Training. Clear the space around SPK from bandits, then clear SPK from bandits.

Reactions: BarthSarafin

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Yeah no I meant go in and "hold the control room until the countdown finishes" or something similar
The control room is a killing zone. In order to hold the control room you would better hold the entire station. The defenders mission is to hold SPK, the attackers mission is clearing SPK from bandits.

Reactions: BarthSarafin
Forgot your password?