Elite: Dangerous TEST Squadron

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
EDIT: INCLUDE YOUR CMDR NAME IN YOUR POST!

I suggest everyone that is kinda new on this game, try to reach SOL system or BARNARD's star if you dont have permit for the first. I have mapped a good way for new players to get rich faster and on the pvp way. ED doesn't have many group team features yet but its def possible to play together and grow stronger as a fleet.

TLDR;
GET ED and fly to SOL /BARNARD's STAR SYSTEM so we can TEST together

list your name and I will invite you to the 42 GROUP. I will post a travelling guide later ...

ED.42 7 NEBULAS TOUR: http://imgur.com/a/5kYiz#0
2ND TRIP CALIFORNIA /PURPLE NEBULAE: http://imgur.com/a/KpufK#18
FLY DANGEROUS
CMDR ED.42

Last edited by a moderator:

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I suggest everyone that is kinda new on this game, try to reach SOL system or BARNARD's star if you dont have permit for the first. I have mapped a good way for new players to get rich faster and on the pvp way. ED doesn't have many group team features yet but its def possible to play together and grow stronger as a fleet.

TLDR;

list your name and I will invite you to the 42 GROUP. I will post a travelling guide later ...

FLY DANGEROUS
CMDR ED.42

Wow, +1 for awesome TEST meet-up. One of these days I shall get my log-ins, download the game, bust out the DK2, and play with ya'll.. if Multiplayer works that is.

Nosnah

Lieutenant
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Nosnah
Hey, I'm doing some mad space trucking in some far away corner of the galaxy full of NPCs...had a space pirate already try to take me out, but there are still some glitches with this game.

...anyhow - I'm definitely up for getting a small squadron together, hit me up! I'm traveling between LHS 3447 and Kremainn primarily because I don't know where else to go...and my Eagle is based in 3447.

I have the same handle in Elite: Dangers

-Nosnah

Nosnah

Lieutenant
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Nosnah
Duuuddee....I'm not sure I can even get to SOL and Barnards Loop is even further - I don't have access and that's one hell of a jump!

I'm still figuring this game out though, I don't understand why I get denied at certain docking stations, I'm assuming I don't have enough influence with the certain group.

EDIT: Barnard's star is closer - only 65 LY away ;)

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal

TLDR;

FLY DANGEROUS
CMDR ED.42
I was trying to get together with Macabre and Stigro yesterday. We were all in the same system, same location and noone could see the others, even though we are friends. The instancing system is seriously frakked up, and I don't really like the idea of private group play since there is no fun for me in not blowing up random people.

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
@mercenary thorrn
you are welcome to join and lead us to glory : )

objective
massive test regroup around sol, barnard star. we gonna try to play together and I wanna help new people make money fast, on the pvp pew pew way. but you are free to do whatever you want,

first teach people to bounty hunt so they can train dogfight and make money to fit their ships. once a descent group have enough to buy something like a viper. we move together to a nebula or center of the galaxy to hunt humans, mine as a group or do some pirating yarr
gonna need scort, cargo ships, miners lots of guns and beer. it's fun to work as a group and share information, you can map an area quickly, for trades routes, black market and fittings location...

tip for travelling:
1) unload all unecessary weight
2) buy a fuel scoop and basic scanner
3) dock sometimes, when you do that you kinda save your position, if you die you go back same spot.
4) create sub route within 50au towards sol and keep going

what you can do alone on this game atm
*trade
*haul cargo
*bounty hunter
*pirate
*explore
*mining
*grind reputation

as a group:
*pirate
*explore
*mining
*exchange information for the stuff you do alone

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
Duuuddee....I'm not sure I can even get to SOL and Barnards Loop is even further - I don't have access and that's one hell of a jump!

I'm still figuring this game out though, I don't understand why I get denied at certain docking stations, I'm assuming I don't have enough influence with the certain group.

EDIT: Barnard's star is closer - only 65 LY away ;)
you lose or gain reputation by killing people or failing missions. way to go dude, it was fun when I did my pilgrimage to sol. you can visit URanus. so good luck : )

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
I was trying to get together with Macabre and Stigro yesterday. We were all in the same system, same location and noone could see the others, even though we are friends. The instancing system is seriously frakked up, and I don't really like the idea of private group play since there is no fun for me in not blowing up random people.
everyone needs to be on the same group and select private group when you log in. you will only play with people on the same server instance. you see the IP on the launching window.

Apolonios

Captain
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sarg
Wooot +1000 Cmdr Apollon reporting for duty..I am in Chemaku/aibako system less than 50ly from Sol.Although i leave for work now,when i come back i will come to our birthplace..

Nosnah

Lieutenant
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Nosnah
Is there anyway to transport ships? I have my Eagle in LHS 3447 and if I make my way over to Barnard's Star I basically lose access to him - aside from switching over and stowing my sidewinder, but then I gotta drop another 30k for a basic transport.

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
Is there anyway to transport ships? I have my Eagle in LHS 3447 and if I make my way over to Barnard's Star I basically lose access to him - aside from switching over and stowing my sidewinder, but then I gotta drop another 30k for a basic transport.
no, come in your eagle, or sell everything and fit a sidewinder for travel, rebuy stuff on the destination...

here are 2 usefull links
super cruising: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44946

vet player: https://www.youtube.com/user/Isinona

Nosnah

Lieutenant
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Nosnah
Wilco - changing the oil on my Eagle getting ready for a a good space haul.

Barnard's star - here we go!

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
@mercenary thorrn
you are welcome to join and lead us to glory : )

objective
massive test regroup around sol, barnard star. we gonna try to play together and I wanna help new people make money fast, on the pvp pew pew way. but you are free to do whatever you want,

first teach people to bounty hunt so they can train dogfight and make money to fit their ships. once a descent group have enough to buy something like a viper. we move together to a nebula or center of the galaxy to hunt humans, mine as a group or do some pirating yarr
gonna need scort, cargo ships, miners lots of guns and beer. it's fun to work as a group and share information, you can map an area quickly, for trades routes, black market and fittings location...

tip for travelling:
1) unload all unecessary weight
2) buy a fuel scoop and basic scanner
3) dock sometimes, when you do that you kinda save your position, if you die you go back same spot.
4) create sub route within 50au towards sol and keep going

what you can do alone on this game atm
*trade
*haul cargo
*bounty hunter
*pirate
*explore
*mining
*grind reputation

as a group:
*pirate
*explore
*mining
*exchange information for the stuff you do alone
Was going to buy a fuel scoop but it was bloody expensive - especially for a noob with 1000 credits in the bank.

Nosnah

Lieutenant
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Nosnah
Yeah...I had to do a lot of space trucking to earn enough credits for a new hauler, but if you can find a good trade route you can make some dough. A fuel scoop would have saved me a ship actually. Not all systems have fuel depots and not all will let you dock at them...just be careful when traversing the galaxy and make sure you can get back to your last fuel point if you are running low. Which system are you in Overlord?

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
I just found a way to make 200k every 20min : ). too bad we coudnt group up today, maybe this weekend or tomorrow. \o

Reactions: Atriden

Nosnah

Lieutenant
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Nosnah
I am very interested - I just broke 100k after 2 long days of playing...and by 100k I mean I bought a ship so I'm closer to 40k on hand - I do now own a Hauler and an Eagle!

Note - you can switch out the scanner on your Eagle for an extra cargo rack making a faster more maneuverable ship than the starter and they will both hold 4 slots.

Forgot your password?