Elite: Dangerous

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Hmmm, don't know what happend... but i have been playing now for 1,5 hours, and still no game freeze (in online solo)
I had allot of problems with it... playing 20 min, and game started to freeze (around 30sec to a min freeze, and again every 10 sec)

But now i had some great old school space trucker fun :)
Also, it's nice to test my X55 HOTAS, TrackIR and VouceAttack setup.

And the Hauler sounds like a ship for me, now i need to find a good starting route to earn me some cash.
Can't wait to start some trucking in Star Citizen:D
choppa, to preserve enjoyment of the final game, I suggest you go straight to the Cobra Mk III from the hauler. The anaconda takes too much work, considering that everything will be reset in a few weeks.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I played a lot of E: D this weekend with a full hotas setup (almost, no pedals) and a DK2 (no voice attack as of now, project for next weekend). It was awesome. I had to lower graphic quality to medium with shadows turned off and force my first monitor to run at a custom resolution that allows 75Hz to be able to play E: D without, or better very little, judder. E: D itself is really cool, but sitting in a docking station with DK2 is mind blowing. As if you are there. And I am by no means 100% pro Rift as it has very big flaws, but my god is it perfect for space sims.

Question though: how do you kick off moneymaking? So far missions only pay 300-1500 credits (others seem to hefty with killing 4+ pirates) and trading with 4 cargo spaces is a bit of a joke as you make 400 per run or so. Any suggestions?
find more valuable trading resources, and trade. I was making about 4200 round trip from buying fish at I-Bootis, selling them at Aulin, and then buying Terrain enhancers and selling them at I-Bootis. If you can't afford the terrain enhancers to fill up your cargo hold, do a few runs with agri-medicines.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
choppa, to preserve enjoyment of the final game, I suggest you go straight to the Cobra Mk III from the hauler. The anaconda takes too much work, considering that everything will be reset in a few weeks.
Aye... i did a bit of research last week, and found out that the Cobra Mk III would be the best choice (more cargo then the hauler, and beter weapon options to boot)
Now it's time to save up for it!

Last edited:

Crou

Lieutenant
Aug 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Crou
I've tried E:D with Oculus Rift DK2 and it was honestly one of the best gaming experiences of my life.
The immersion is unbelievable. The cockpit is fully visualized and looks amazing.
But Im getting <75 fps on single card (which hurts your brain on Oculus) so unless they start supporting SLI I will have to switch back to a conventional display.

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
I've tried E:D with Oculus Rift DK2 and it was honestly one of the best gaming experiences of my life.
The immersion is unbelievable. The cockpit is fully visualized and looks amazing.
But Im getting <75 fps on single card (which hurts your brain on Oculus) so unless they start supporting SLI I will have to switch back to a conventional display.
Did you reduce graphics to low and disable shadows? That did it for me. I have quite a beefy machine, but for a fluent play I need to reduce graphics hard unfortunately

Crou

Lieutenant
Aug 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Crou
Did you reduce graphics to low and disable shadows? That did it for me. I have quite a beefy machine, but for a fluent play I need to reduce graphics hard unfortunately
Yeah, Even if I put everything on lowest my single GTX 760 is just not cutting it. With properly working SLI I could probably manage constant 75 fps just fine.

Kalh

Lieutenant
Aug 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Kalh
hey guys , i just bought the game , pretty cool for a beta , for making money i go to freeport then i search for Unidentified Signal Sources ( put my ship at 30km/s on the area and waiting) , sometimes you can find some gold container , 4000 each on the black market of freeport.

Madfish

Captain
Aug 10, 2014
RSI Handle
dottedfish
Nice to see some others having fun in E: D

We should try and go something together after the wipe. Currently the trading is driving me nuts. Sadly fish and terrain enhancers are not making you much money anymore.

Morgan

Rear Admiral
Aug 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Morgann
I am playing ED again now also can not wait for beta 2 Tuesday but this game is just to tide me over till the pu or if sc is down for an update or maintenance hehe

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Beta 2 is out!

Full patch notes

Good news for Oculus Rift user, Elite is updated to the latest SDK (time warp support, fixed Galaxy Map, and more)

Madfish

Captain
Aug 10, 2014
RSI Handle
dottedfish
Beta 2 is really nice so far if you're not a pure pick-up trader (current beta makes you test missions and rep systems)
I'm having a LOAD of fun just fighting wanted stuff in the asteroid belt near Freeport in a Viper.

Flight assist off circle strafe vectoring the hell out of enemies with head tracking coupled with the amazing thruster usage accompanied by great sounds... just awesome.
I hope SC will be this much fun as well at some point.

vernes

Vice Admiral
Jul 20, 2014
RSI Handle
vernes
When trading, there are 2 ways to do it.
You either find a trade circle where you keep going in circles buy and selling for an average profit.
As your budget grows, you can switch product and slightly alter your trading circle.
Thanks to external tools like:
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/ (reddit)
http://edtradinghelper.de/
http://www.elitedangeroustrader.co.uk/
You could also go where the highest profit leads you.
This is the fastest way to gain profit but you can end up halfway across the universe and maybe in dangerous sectors.

Reactions: TypeO and Texelis

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
When trading, there are 2 ways to do it.
You either find a trade circle where you keep going in circles buy and selling for an average profit.
As your budget grows, you can switch product and slightly alter your trading circle.
Thanks to external tools like:
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/ (reddit)
http://edtradinghelper.de/
http://www.elitedangeroustrader.co.uk/
You could also go where the highest profit leads you.
This is the fastest way to gain profit but you can end up halfway across the universe and maybe in dangerous sectors.
Thanks for the links. I've been on a SC tear recently, but wanting to get back into ED now that Beta 3 is out. I bumbled around for awhile sometimes making a profit, sometimes selling at a loss... looking to improve on that

Forgot your password?